1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yi Jianlian

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketman1979, Aug 4, 2009.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

I think Yi's pretty solid now. I don't see him as a lazy player, just by the way he's kept up his physique and performance over the years.

4 years is a long time for a player. Even if he's just learned the game by playing it, that is a lot of experience gained.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Tinman's found life after Lin in Yi.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some people go to prison in 4 years, does that make them a better person when they are out?

I'm glad this is the Lakers doing this and not Morey.

on a side note, LOFs are chickens and eat kernels of corn when you throw them on the ground

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You know someone posted a pic of tinman I'm guessing 2007 or so, taken from behind so you didn't see his face but I remember thinking Tinman is Asian because he had straight black hair like an Asian. Don't know he's Asian for certain but wouldn't that be ironic.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't have anything against anyone of any race. And race has nothing to do if you suck at basketball or not.

This HayesisBack is a LOF and he should be wiped off Clutchfans

The only people who care about race that ever joined Clutchfans were LOFs because they were insecure and started accusing anyone who think Lin's failed tenure as a Rocket as a racist.

HayesisBack is not from Houston or has any interest in the Houston Rockets, therefore he might join the many, many LOFs that were banned from this site. He's definitely pretending to be a fan. But you can easily tell reading his posts he's a LOF. He was probably banned before and learned he had to pretend to blend in. Look at the post on how he defended Lin in the Portland series, EVERY ROCKET FAN SAW LIN SCREW THAT SERIES UP.

And for God's sake, this is Yi, that dude makes Darko look like Wilt Chamberlain.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can understand hating on Lin due to the hordes of annoying people that follow in his wake... but can't we at least give Yi the chance at a comeback before talking smack?

I mean, we should be focusing our trolling energy on Kwame Brown.

7. jayland

jayland Member

The hate is because the Lakers clearly signed Yi with business reasons in mind. They wanted to keep some of the Chinese fans and sponsors from leaving now that Kobe is retired.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

They can just hire Les Alexander as their marketing director if they cared that much about China.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Did the Chinese fans and sponsors leave when Yao retired?

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

he's indeed asian :grin::grin: i was also shocked when someone else told me...

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I feel like I did when Luke's father was revealed.........

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Tinman just needs to get over it. It's not Lin's fault he went to Harvard and has career contract earnings >$60m. Yes, Lin did have middle class parents, but you dont get to either (and certainly not both) Harvard/NBA by some lucky inherited genes.

Tinman, you just have to accept being an Asian. Certainly I have nothing against races and most people here on Clutchfans would think no different of you if you just accepted it. It is ok to be cultured in stinky tofu, father and mother lung pieces by birth, and washing dishes and frying chickens for a job are at least honest wages. You certainly shouldnt envy or be jealous of Lin because you chose your own path into a hot stinky kitchen. Now if youvdid try tobdo something more with your life instead of spending it all reminiscing about the 90s and your join date, and used your energy into something positive instead of keeping Lin/Yi threads a life, there is still a hope.

Did you know Colonel Sanders was a major life failure until he literally retired and thought he could fry chickens better than anyone else? You have a leg up on this path ... Perhaps it is worth a try.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That was a tacky post.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

He's a lof .
    They write chicken poop

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

It was, wasnt it !

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yi Jianlian's w/Lakers=$8 mil w/$250k g, $1.14 mil base, $2.3 mil kicks in at 20/40/59 games played <a href="https://twitter.com/BBallInsiders">@BBallInsiders</a> <a href="https://t.co/x9G3NNcAiD">https://t.co/x9G3NNcAiD</a></p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/768917332349464576">August 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Barring injuries, to play 59 games a season seems to be highly achievable in a low seeded team like Lakers.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Your energy should always be focused on the destruction of fake rockets fans

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Should have done this on Brewer. Then Le$ would override JB and have Corey's ass planted on the bench.

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Is it possible to be a LOF if I watched more Dave and Cecil than Ben and Dante? Is it possible to be a LOF if I was there when Landry chipped his tooth into Dirk's elbow, when AB coverted a full-court alley-hoop lay-in, when Flying Ryan roughed up Dirk and Scola put 40+ on the Nets, and when Hayes roughed up KG and despite giving up a couple of km in wingspan and max vertical?

Is it possible Tinman have no choice to name me a LOF because, well he just needs to cry for support abd he thinks people still care vehemently about Lin here? Anyway, who wants to get completely owned by someone, and then label him a LOF? That logic I cannot understand.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

For the Lof here, you still didn't answer the question, if you had a choice to make one of these disappear what would it be?

That overhyped winning streak called Linsanty or clutch city?