1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

What did the FATHER of the Olando shooter do or say?

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He's a Taliban supporter

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Orlando shooter's father story would have gotten some media play except for Donald Trump making the "Second Amendment people" comment (plus offering several versions of explanation afterwards) and sucking up all the oxygen. The same goes with Clinton's not so great answer to the email server question, which was deprived of attention because Trump sucked up the oxygen with his fighting with the Khan family and later with McCain, Ryan and Ayotte.

The media may or may not be biased against Donald Trump, but if they do have an anti-Trump mission, Donald Trump sure is making their job easier.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Did Hillary invite him? Does that mean that she supports the Taliban? I don't really get why this is a negative on Hillary. Trump has a bunch of racists during his rallies and and KKK leader openly endorsed him and I don't hear you making a big deal out of it.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

heehee

Yes, Donald Trump’s hands are actually pretty small

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Revealed at <a href="https://twitter.com/MadameTussauds">@MadameTussauds</a>: Donald Trump's actual hand size <a href="https://t.co/YiqkT8Qtyj">https://t.co/YiqkT8Qtyj</a> <a href="https://t.co/HOHc0WO6cB">pic.twitter.com/HOHc0WO6cB</a></p>&mdash; Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/760825055332950016">August 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Five months after Donald Trump used his time on the national debate stage to tell America that his hands – and therefore a certain other body part – were properly sized, the controversy has finally been resolved.

Trump does, in fact, have unusually small hands. 15th percentile small.

After numerous attempts to measure Trump’s hands – including one in the Post that analyzed photographs of the candidate – a journalist from The Hollywood Reporter cracked the case.

Near the exit of Madame Tussauds wax museum in New York hangs a bronze cast of Trump’s hand. It’s been there since 1997, after the museum’s artists took impressions of Trump’s body parts to create a wax figure of him for their collection.

The Hollywood Reporter measured his hand to be 7.25 inches from his wrist to the tip of his middle finger. (You can print out a life-sized outline of Trump’s hand here, and see how you stack up.)

According to data from Ergonomics Center of North Carolina, the average American male’s hand is 7.61 inches long. Trump’s hand sits at the 15th percentile mark. That is, 85 percent of American men have larger hands than Trump. As do a third of women.

But bear in mind, that is the 15th percentile among all American men. Trump is tall – about 6-foot-3, half a foot taller than the 5-foot-9 average among American men, according to the Center for Disease Control. If Trump were compared to men of his stature rather than the public at large, his hands would comparatively be even smaller.

This whole controversy started at the end of February when Marco Rubio, at a rally for his presidential campaign in Virginia, said of Trump: “He’s like 6-2, which is why I don’t understand why his hands are the size of someone who’s 5-2”. He added, “And you know what they say about men with small hands.” The audience roared.

Three days later, at one of the final Republican presidential debates, Trump shot back: “Nobody has ever hit my hands. I’ve never heard of this.” And of course, he defended the size of his penis as well: “I guarantee you, there’s no problem. I guarantee you.”

While the media will likely never be able to determine the veracity of Trump’s claim about his penis, at least the issue of the hands is settled. The Americans Against Insecure Billionaires With Tiny Hands PAC, which originally filed with the FEC in March as the Trump Has Tiny Hands PAC, can rest easy. Its “Release the Measurements” petition is now moot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5LhNjWoBZck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's also probably mentally ill. Why his showing up at a Clinton event makes Clinton look bad is very strange.

However she should be concerned as the guy is not stable.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He is a Taliban supporter.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He's an open supporter of the Taliban movement, apparently claims he is the head of the transitional government on a satellite TV program he hosts for Afghanis.

He claims the campaign invited him to the rally. The campaign claims otherwise. However, everyone is vetted by staff and secret service, so it's hard to believe they at the very least didn't know he was in attendance/standing behind Hillary.

I don't think it's a big deal, unless he was invited, and then I just wonder what exactly Hillary or her team's thoughts are here. I can't see how this would help her at all.

My guess is that he received an email blast because he either donates or is on the list for local Democrats. They sent out a blast about a rally, he chose to attend, and somehow Hillary's people let him in. Is that really an invite?

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Strange.... If he were a taliban supporter than why is he still in the U.S.

You cannot condemn a father for the action of their children..... Especially grown children.

T_Man

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't know, perhaps someone could ask him...Are you trying to insist he isn't a supporter of the Taliban? These are his own words. He hosts a satellite TV program and has referred to himself as the leader of a transitional government. They aren't made up claims based on xenophobia or Islamophobia.

That being said, you're right, in relation to his son's crimes, he shouldn't AUTOMATICALLY be blamed. I say automatically because it should be clear that, just because you didn't commit the crime, doesn't mean you didn't contribute to the crime. There should be a caveat that unless evidence suggests otherwise he shouldn't be held responsible.

That doesn't excuse his own views, which he has every right to hold, from being scrutinized.

1 person likes this.
  11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The problem i have is there is too much speculation and assumption on both sides of the platform.

T_Man

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure where you are getting this from. I've been to a public presidential campaign rally and didn't go through any vetting process. Didn't even have to show an ID. Did have to go through a metal detector and people with bags had to submit them to be searched but that was it.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously - what are they supposed to do - vet 10,000 people as they come in? That would take weeks to do before a rally.

14. Carl Herrera

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

16. Carl Herrera

A fellow NAMBLA member.

17. jsingles

jsingles Member

I hope you've taken whatever medication you're required to take. The father was interviewed, he said he received an email, like every single member of Hillary's signups, that she was going to have a rally and that ANYONE would be welcome to attend. He was not invited, he never said someone reached out to him to attend. You are severely r****ded, you need to seek medical attention immediately, you do not have a healthy brain.

Please, don't respond, don't post again in this forum until you've seen a medical professional, you are not a healthy person.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The NAMBLA story, and more pointedly, the failure of Trump to refute it, is weighing pretty heavily on his supporters like Kevooo.

At this stage, a lot of people are saying - and these are some very smart people, believe me, VERY smart - are saying he can't even bring the enthusiasm to call himself Kevooooo anymore. He's just Kevo or Kev. It breaks my heart, really. It's sad.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take his coat.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member