1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 Expansion rumors

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Dec 7, 2014.

1. the shark

the shark Member

UT administration/decision makers.

2. the shark

the shark Member

Ok I'll play.

When people on Clutchfans think of tinman they think of McGrady (the person you hate more then anyone).

Tinman=McGrady :grin:

I'm not a McGrady fan either.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I'd sleep with this cougar over sleeping with a cow.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-houston-cougars-football-1965479371.html

Pete Thamel with a nice piece and sound endorsement. He's been pretty anti-UH in the past FWIW.

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I find these arguments between UH and UT fans cute. Just like their football teams.

1 person likes this.
  6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So just to be clear, you don't trust any UT admin/decision maker for what some punk fans did 30 years ago? Yet you say you aren't bitter one bit? Sorry man but you are absolutely bitter. That's like me crapping on Khator for bleacher gate (actually further removed from that) or blaming McNair for a parking lot fight back at the dome.

7. the shark

the shark Member

The trust factor has nothing to do with what punk fans did 30 yrs ago. It has to do with UT playing a major factor keeping UH out of the SWC for yrs as well as keeping us out of the Big 12.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, you are the dude who DID NOT ATTEND UH right?

you are the T Shirt UH fan right?

This is like the rarest Pokemon in the world

9. tinman

Supporting Member

there is no rivalry. This is like Alabama fans getting crap from Jefferson State

1 person likes this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

I graduated from the University of Houston.

11. the shark

the shark Member

Last time they were in the SWC, the first 15 yrs '76-'91, we were 7-8-1 against UT. That's just in football.

UH=Jefferson st?:eek:

Did Jefferson St play in 5 final fours? (Has UT?)
    Did Jefferson St have three players voted to the all-time NBA top 50 players? (Did UT have even one?)
    Did Jefferson St win 16 NCAA golf championships? (UT won 3)
    Did Jefferson St finish last season in the top 10? (Did UT?...in fact UT didn't even make a bowl game last yr).
    Does Jefferson St have a player on the cover of this yrs SI college football issue? (Does UT?)

12. Major

Major Member

What does any of this have to do with the B12 expansion? People need to grow up or get over it or whatever already.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

There is no rivalry. There use to be a relationship in the SWC, but it's like UT is Michael Jackson and UH is Jermaine Jackson or even LaToya.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Not sure why this is being argued but UT hasn't exactly been Michael Jackson lately... more like Stephen Jackson.

What does this have to do with the expansion of Big XII?

FWIW It sounds like UH is getting a lot of political support for inclusion into the Big XII. I think (as an outsider) that adding UH to the Big XII is in the best interest of the Big XII. As it is, Houston is DOMINATED by the SEC after TAMU defected. There is a lot of talent in the state of Texas, enough to easily support the Big XII; but the Big XII needs to keep the Texas market to their own, and keeping all the schools in Texas, in the Big XII goes a long way to doing that.

As for UH, obviously going to the Big XII is a major step up for them. They are in extremely fertile recruiting grounds. They have solid but not spectacular academics, so they can get kids that may not qualify academically. Further, playing teams in the Big XII will greatly improve the fan interest and attendance. The University of Houston has a history of doing very well in a conference with other Texas schools (SWC).

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop being a t shirt fan. Always the non alums that are the most obnoxious.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I made a very interesting arrangement of tiny twigs and clumps of dirt. I sat on it, too. It has been a very lovely day so far. I am a bear.

There was water on the ground this morning, but it's gone now. Where did it go? I don't remember drinking it. I am a bear.

Will I be a bear forever? Surely there are other things I could be, but being a bear is what I seem to be best at.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

lol. 99ers are all college graduates

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm just having fun with UH fans, didn't know they had so much angst toward the bigger schools

19. Nook

Nook Member

From what I can gather, it isn't so much bigger schools as UT. Some fans blame UH for being excluded from the Big XII and as a result the sports programs have suffered.

Yes, some UH fans are over the top. Most of them seem to just want to be in a major conference..... they may get their wish soon.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It's two posters who came in and started insulting and stereotyping people. It's the D+D. Everyone just needs to ignore them or someone needs to make a Fan Flame thread. My vote is to call it, "Your School Sucks"

Hope to God they take some kind of vote that does something or they announce a new deal with ESPN/FOX.

You should checkout the UT thread again. Lot of good info IMO.