1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SYFY TV] Dark Matter Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is a show I was looking forward to coming back.
    Kill Joys will be back soon and 12 monkeys is going but
    THIS SHOW stood out as one of the best on the SyFy Channel

https://www.inverse.com/article/17744-syfy-dark-matter-season-two-premiere-guide

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V6SO89voFh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9AzDPxx8reE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter

Rocket River

2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

If you dont follow Joseph Mallozzi's blog you should.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

He was a writer/executive producer on SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis as well as on Dark Matter.

He has been very active on reddit in r/stargate and r/darkmatter, if you are a stargate fan check out his memories posts, he's covered all 10 seasons worth of episodes and provided behind the scenes information from the writing room and production process.

He just covered the casting for SG:A and will begin memories for that show soon, if not already. If i remember correctly his wife will also be giving her perspective for the SG:A episodes.

As for Dark Matter, hes been promoting it on reddit and his blog, there have been competitions over the last couple of months where fans have been able to name episodes, sneak peaks, some ship designs and cool stuff like that.

He's got me pumped for this season, I'm really looking forward to season 2.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This show is probably the best show on the SyFy Channel right now.
    KillJoys is not so engaging.

Rocket River

4. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I actually just binged the first 5 episode of season 2 last night. It's pretty great. The characters are likable, and I really like the 'whodunit' feel of the show. It's a little cheesy at times, but very enjoyable.

episode 5 spoiler discussion
    As cool as the humanized Android was, I miss the original Android. The Android was hilarious and played off well against the rest of the crew. The humanized Android just seemed like another member of the crew. I hope they bring back the original.

I also though Jayce Corso should be a much bigger badass. Jayce Corso acted exactly how I would expect 'One' to act, not a criminal feared across the universe.

#4 jchu14, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like that they still using the Numbers for names.
    They have built a very good universe.
    Their Corporations and worlds are more intriguing than KillJoys

I just waiting for One to show up and it to all be some kind of trick.
    The Android acting human should only be used sparingly .. i agree. At least
    for now. I want to see more of what is happening on Four's homeworld.

Rocket River

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel like this season has been inferior to last season. There was so much intrigue into who the 6 were, and how they bonded. I don't really like the new cast members this season; I don't know why they switched it up.

The doctor guy is pretty vanilla in his acting and character personality. Seems like a perfect fit to replace One / Corso, I guess. Four's acting is already wooden so I don't know why they needed more bland.

The new girl seemed like she would have been a good romantic foil for Four (great fight scene in...ep4?), and seemed like could be more of a female badass than Two, but she didn't have one second of screentime with Four in ep5. And I need to rewatch again, but what happened to the third new crewmember? The older guy?

Trying to make the android more "human" is good, if only for the fact that it fleshes out her character some, and also gives that particular actress the chance to act as a human, and not as an android, lol. But I agree with the CF'r that says she should stay as the android.

I know there's more episodes to go, but they really need to get into the doc's and Nyx's backstory.

tl;dr I LOVED last season; watched the first episode on a whim, and ended up binging the season in 2 days. This season has been hit-or-miss so far, for me.

I still do a double take when I see or hear a character referred as a number, on this show.

Portia Lin? I instantly know who that is. Two? Takes me a couple seconds to register that it's Portia.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Really liked season 1 on Netflix. Any idea when season 2 will be up?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I liked how simple season 1 was. Now it seems they have jumped in complexity instead of building to it.

A lot of the mysteries from last season are gone now in a couple episodes. I never truly wanted to know who these guys were so soon. They should have just continued the steady drip of information about their past lives and personalities from season 1. Instead they give us a lot really fast. There's still much we don't know, but I thought it was too much too soon. I'm still enjoying the show, but not as good as last season.

I dropped KillJoys.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

a month or two after the season finale.

10. justtxyank

Just watched episode 1. Wow surprised they killed 1

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I feel that was a good decision as the character added very little to the show. Don't even miss him. Almost like he was never there.

12. justtxyank

He was the worst character for sure. Have to see how it goes

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jayce Corso turned out to be more disappointing than One.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I still think this and Killjoys are the same level of show... Which is watchable but nothing special.

The Expanse was the best sci-fi premier last year and the one I'm really looking forward to returning.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I started watching this show on Netflix. I really enjoyed it, but I just stopped watching and eventually just completely forgot about it. I'll have to try to start it up again.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Killjoys just a step lower to me
    It does not seem to hit the right cord for me

Seems like it is:
    [​IMG]
    in space at best LOL

I think I don't like the acting . .. the main character is cute. . .sexy but
    delivers her lines so . . . unbelievably. They think the accent covers it up
    Iceman is passable. . . .his brother is still meh

Rocket River

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Two's sashay is next level. Does she intentionally try to rock her hips back and forth like that when she walks? It's almost violent.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not watch Friday's episode yet
    but the last episode before it were GREAT
    I hope they don't undo 4's "growth"

at least not for a while.

Rocket River
    Two has EPIC Sashay
    She is sexier than the chick from Killjoys to me.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is still the best show in their Friday night Line Up

Rocket River

20. justtxyank

I'm 1.5 seasons behind. Its worth catching back up @Rocket River ?