1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Random Astros Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Progs

Progs Member

I bet Tampa Rays love Kyle Tucker, giving that he is from Tampa, FL. His power should show next year.

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Any chance Castro playing 1B twice in the last week could be related to Houston shopping for a catcher (Lucroy/Norris/Vogt)?

3. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Doubt it. In Yankees series it was because of injury to Valbuena and tonight it was because Gattis was only bench player available, and he pinched hit for Marisnick.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Prefer not making any trades.

If Bregman and Gurriell don't perform, we're not good enough anyway.

If we're not good enough this season, so be it.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's definately a seller's market.

I like Crawfish Boxes' trade suggestion of Pat Neshek to the Giants for LHRP prospect Andrew Suarez. Giants are desperate for bullpen arms and would give up a top prospect in return.

Fister and Feldman could also be moved. Astros have an over abundance of team controlled arms like Hoyt, Musgrove wasting away in AAA and Feliz, Devenski capable of the same production. Addition by subtraction. With what teams are willing to offer Fister could fetch the Astros 2-3 top prospects. Feldman could probably land one top 15 organizational prospect.

There are an abundance of less mentioned quality LH relievers being made available this could be included as a player in a Fister/Feldman deal. Or could be acquired for a 30-35 organizational prospect.

Astros will add a lefty to the pen in some way.

Outfield specifically CF would be something the Astros could buy on as well. I think this would be the big move, if there is one. There's a ton of talent available but teams seem more focused on loading up on pitching help. The thought of the talent a team would have to give up for a premium talent like Cain, Hamilton, Bruce, etc has drastically decreased.

Doubt the Astros find a team for Gomez but perhaps a buyout is in order.

Keuchel, McCullers, McHugh, Feliz, Devenski, Hoyt, Musgrove, Sipp, LHRP, Giles, Gregerson, Harris should comprise the Astros pitching staff. Maybe keep Fister or Feldman as a 13th, one if not both could be dealt

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Wow, the Indians just had a hell of a night.

7. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I'm torn on whether the Astros should buy in this market. On one hand there are no guarantees for next year or the year after, and definitely no guarantees on our prospects panning out. On the flip side our trades haven't been the best either.

8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Indians got Miller for the equivalent of AJ Reed (Frazier), Derek Fisher (Sheffield), Jordan Jankowski, and Brendan McCurry (2 reliever prospects). That's steep but I probably would've been ok with it.

9. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

This means Yankees are definitely sellers. Beltran should be available. Let's do it Luhnow.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">derek norris will be next padre domino to fall: rangers, astros, brewers are the main teams</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/759752095138516992">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

beltran needs to be an astro!

12. conquistador#11

would fit in right in the 5-9 hole. wiff and a miss.

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

As Yankees are obviously selling, I wouldn't mind Houston getting McCann or Pineda. Don't want Beltran, team already has 2 aging pending free agent outfielders as it is.

14. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Astros dh has a 685 ops this year. Beltran has an 880 ops at dh this year. Sign me up. Wouldn't take a top 100 prospect I can't imagine.

15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Only if the Yankees would take Gomez back in the deal and not require any good prospects.

16. PokeJ

PokeJ Member

Norris is having a terrible year at the plate. Castro might be a better catcher

17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Lucroy vetoed the trade to the Indians. Go get him Luhnow.

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably more like Musgrove or Martes than Fisher. I'm just not a huge fan of trading that much for a reliever (thought the same for Giles).

The Lucroy reported offer is surprising. It's Cleveland's 6, 12, and 22 prospects plus maybe one more. That'd be a Fisher, Franklin Perez, and James Hoyt type of offering... Unless it's one of their top prospects, that's a steal.

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow. Yes please.

I'm surprised he'd veto a trade to a team in the driver's seat for a playoff spot, that is clearly going all in this year.

I wonder how Cleveland feels about the Andrew Miller deal now.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I still think Beltran would be a perfect fit for this team.

Wouldn't mind snagging one of the Rays starters as well.

I would consider that to be an excellent trade deadline. I have a feeling these guys will stand pat, though.