1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Yankees @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 25, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This team will most likely score 8 runs off of the guy.

I think they needed a wake up call.

Started to see some bad baseball against Oakland.

Time to dig in.

2. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

What could he have done? Players are just not hitting

3. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

Show some ****ing accountability and fire dave hudgens for starters. also he sucks ass in game managing.

4. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

If this were the 17-28 bunch we'd be 2-9 and not 6-5 to start the break. They are not playing as bad as the start of the season, but they are underwhelming so far in the second half.

5. Buck Turgidson

How is a coach going to magically change guys like Gomez, Gattis, Rasmus, Castro? Those are the players they are and the Stros knew it when they acquired/kept them. Does he get no credit for Altuve, Valbuena, Springer? What are they working on? What is he telling them? Not saying you are wrong, just saying we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

Judging the work of a batting/pitching coach in mlb is virtually impossible for fans, that's way above our pay grade.

Meet Adam Dunn-lite. He may hit 30+ homers every year and have 250 Ks and 30 errors in the IF.

These last 2 games have pretty much sucked but I believe they have if not the best then in the top 2-3 records in mlb since the beginning of May. They're not playing great since the break but they're still 6-5 and are firmly in the playoff hunt. Lots of ball left to play.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We definitely suck against lefties. It's weird.

9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Lance will deal tomorrow and we will score 6 runs

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Not to say you're wrong that it has been slightly disappointing (so close to that GS though). But Sabathia has been really solid this year

11. HstnSprtsFan101

He had gone six straight outings allowing at least 4 earned runs before tonight..

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's get a win and a Rangers loss today!!

13. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Lance gotta man up and give us a solid 6 innings tonight.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

fair enough. I knew he had a few rough outings--didn't realize it was so many in a row.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, it's been disappointing to see the bats go silent against 2 pitchers who have heavily struggled lately. Not sure if it's a hangover from the onslaught we put on the Angels, or if it's just that these 2 pitchers happened to have their best stuff (I'm guessing a combination of both), but here's to turning it around tonight and giving Lance some good run support.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This, and extra incentive and focus after being eliminated last year in that one game playoff.

It is disappointing to go into a mini (hopefully) tailspin right when we were about to overtake (within 2.5 games) the Rangers.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

maybe two months ago but not lately. look i'm not freaking out like some blowhard posters here who wait for two straight losses to begin their b****fest, but looking lost at the plate against two mediocre pitchers and having fister get roughed up by a terrible lineup is disappointing, no way around it. we should've been thinking sweep.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

On paper, you could say Keuchel is a mediocre pitcher... and Fister has a history of being hittable.

I can't see any way they don't look to add more pitching prior to the trade deadline. Keuchel is still probably the game 1 starter if this team is in the playoffs.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Keuchel looks to be rounding into form at exactly the right time for a playoff push. He could still be the ace this rotation needs, but I'm with you in that I think they definitely need to address the rotation. After Keuchel and McCullers, there's a lot of uncertainty. McHugh is good, and has come up with some HUGE wins for this team the last 2 seasons, but he's still not someone I would overtly trust in the playoffs.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree that they should add more pitching, but I don't understand exactly what you're stating about Fister. Fister has had a solid career and I don't think "hittable" is the most appropriate adjective. Other than last year, he's been a solid #2 type pitcher for his whole career. This season is much more in line with his history than last season. And he works fast and pitches to contact...but that' not necessarily the same as hittable.