1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nook

Nook Member

If you think there is some special magical delineated difference between 3.7, 3.8 and 4... Then you are ignorant. That equates to ONE turnover more over an entire series.... Know what players have been in the 3.7 range??? Jordan, Magic, Thomas, Jabbar, Olajuwon, Curry, James .... Just off the top of my head, I am sure there are countless more.

1 person likes this.
  2. basketballholic

There is an appreciable difference between under 4 and over 4. Only one player in history has won a championship while averaging over 4 turnovers a game in the post season. And no player has ever won a championship while averaging over 4 turnovers a game in the regular season.

A lot of players, literally hundreds, have won a championship while averaging less than 4 turnovers a game. But nobody has won a championship while averaging over 4 turnovers a game.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

May the Wubio worship continue for good

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How many championships have been won where the primary ball handler had a Career Trueshooting % less than 50%?

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dunn is a future PG stud. I'd love to get that guy and put him beside Harden. I think that Minny probably trades Rubio because Dunn is the future at PG for them. If so, maybe the Rockets could get in on the Rubio sweepstakes. I'd have no problem with him on our team.

6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Boston did it

7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

You sir are a freaking idiot. You've been proved wrong repeatedly and you are literally so dumb you don't even see it. If one player has the ball in his hand 70% of the time he's probably going to average a high amount of TO. It's about usage. If the team turnovers as a whole go down what does it matter?

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cp3, lillard, rubio are the only 3 that I can think of that (im sure you will name more) that harden would allow to control the rock.

harden knows rubio isnt much else and hopefully smart enough to know an elite vision pg would get him the ball in all the right spots and it would potentially be stupid easy to score.

the other side is we already hear quotes
    from harden saying he can be the pg steve nash in this pringles offense.

so the only way you bring in rubio is if harden is truly up for that and my gut says maybe. and because its only a maybe it makes it hard since we dont have anything really to offer and kinda a moot point anyway.

but if we got this guy i personally would orgasm. and im not too worried about it happening though and then hardens buy in. and I dont see cp3 or lillard coming through here so our pg is harden. we need an all star elite 2 or 3 really and of course a center etc etc

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

holic is the only NBA fan in 2016 who thinks using per game stats without any context is just fine. Well, maybe he and Michael Wilbon.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So Harden would defer to Rubio but not ohh lets say... Lebron, Durant, or Curry???... Right...

Gross

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

This feels like Lawson all over again...

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yea I get saying Harden would defer to Rubio/CP3 because of their passing, but if you throw in Lillard who's just an elite scorer with ball handling ability, you have to throw in Curry and Durant as well.

As you mentioned LBJ, I'd add Westbrook, Wall, Rondo and Lowry to that list as well.

Harden seems like a player who would fit well with other star scorers/elite ball handlers, knowing when to defer and when to be aggressive, based on how well he fit as a 6th man with WB/Durant and his passing ability/unselfishness. Unfortunately he Houston hasn't paired with neither a elite scorer nor ball handler yet, to bad Lawson was a dud.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Somehow people choose to blame Harden for this, as if he's been littered with other ball-handlers/play-makers on the roster, but ignores them all for iso's. Harden does what he does out of necessity.

14. basketballholic

Usage is scoring attempts. It's a measure of what percentage of a teams possessions the player uses to attempt to score the ball (shots and free throws). It has nothing to do with how much time a player has the ball in his hands.

To see how long a player actually has the ball you can look here:

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1

What you will find is last season James Harden had a usage of 32.5% while possessing the ball for 6.3 minutes per game while Rubio had a miniscule usage of 17.7% but he actually possessed the ball for 7 minutes per game. So Rubio actually had the ball in his hands longer than Harden did. Yet Rubio only turned the ball over 2.5 times compared to Harden turning it over 4 times. Harden turned the ball over 60% more than Rubio did while actually having the ball 90% of the time Rubio had the ball.

And posters here want Harden to be the pg and they want him to handle the ball even more?????? He'd average over 4.5 turnovers a game in that scenario.

Talk about stupid.......

15. basketballholic

Harden is checked off with concerning player acquisitions. The construction of the roster and the lack of playmakers is a direct reflection of a lot of his input.

That's why I say if we actually acquire Rubio or another elite playmaking guard it will represent a change and maturation in Harden's mindset. Because we have turned down opportunities to add quality playmakers in the past because Harden didn't want them.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I have no idea what is going on in this thread but has there even been a rumor in the past few months about the Rockets wanting to trade for this guy? I do not want him here.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's assume this is true.

Why did they get Ty Lawson, then? Nobody knew it was going to go as badly as it did, but they took a chance on him. If Harden didn't want other playmakers, why get Lawson?

18. basketballholic

Are you kidding me? Lawson was given Harden's seal of approval after Harden spent a couple weeks with him last summer. We would not have traded for Lawson if Harden would have said no.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean I'm sure Harden endorsed the idea of getting Ty Lawson. I don't think that's an issue to talk with Harden about potential acquisitions of players.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

rubio would be awesome here. i imagine he would be quite embraced by the latin community here as well (yes i know he is from spain).

would be perfect to run off the bench like some other posters have mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.