1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet, here you are, on this 'disgusting' site, reading and participating in a 'despicable' thread.

You don't have to type the URL in your browser, so it's easy to avoid this 'disgusting' site. You also don't have to click on the thread, so it's easy to avoid this 'despicable' thread.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. dram1

dram1 Member

I think he or she was probably curious like many and was taken aback by how out-of-hand it has gotten.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Just like the gun advocates cite the 2nd amendment as their right to bear arms. McDaniels and Miss Alabama have the right to express themselves under the 1st amendment. Absolutely nothing wrong with what KJ said.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol NO ONE is saying he doesn't have the right to say it. It's perfectly legal. Doesn't mean your employer has to put up with it if it negatively affects the organization. It's perfectly legal to snowboard but I'm pretty sure lots of NBA contracts forbid it in the off-season

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"Disgusting" site?

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The first amendment is for freedom of speech, not freedom of responsibility.

Agreeing with the tactics of a violent and uneducated group is a very good way to lose your job, because domestic terrorism is illegal.

I'm legally able to say '**** off' to my boss whenever I want. Will I still have my job? Nope.,

8. stefanb

stefanb Member

I'll go ahead and express myself under the first amendment and say that there is absolutely everything wrong with what they said and they are anti American scum. :) Have a nice day!

9. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I don't see the problem. I don't feel sad for the officers, but then again I believe this is all a government psy-op.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'm probably using "KJ McDaniel level" of poor judgment to jump in the middle of this, but I'm putting on my flame suit and jumping in.

I got up to 1000 words, so I'll put it behind spoiler since I'd like to think I'm not that full of myself:
    Kevin Mc Daniels Jr, (using his full name cause he's in a heap of trouble), Kevin McDaniels Jr, what you did was stupid. (chill, I know he isn't reading this)

To say "Preach", synonymous with "Testify!" or "Right on!" or "Yeah!", to a radioactive social media rant like that....stupid and with poor judgment.

I can understand some of the things he might have been saying "Preach" to in that specific article he linked. (please hear me out)

From Kaylin James' post-rant statement:
    "I regret that any people lost their lives this week and I am saddened by all of the shootings that occurred."

"When reading about the killings of those black men, I was mortified by some of the comments about them. Many People were not conflicted at all about those deaths. Some were okay with this."

"I reiterate that I do not condone violence or killing at all. I offer my deepest condolences to all the families who lost their loved ones this week, including the officers in Dallas."

And from her emotional rant:

"I don't want to feel this way" <--she doesn't want to feel like the shooter was a martyr.

"I don't feel sad for the officers who lost their lives ... I know that's not really my heart. I value human life." <---she is emotionally numb to the officers loss of life, but feels like that numbness betrays her true heart that does value human life.

"And I know it's not the right way to feel because nobody deserves to lose their lives and I know that those police officers had families and people who loved them and that they didn't deserve to die but I'm so torn up in my heart about seeing these men, these black men, being gunned down in our community." <---people are upset about these last 2 shootings.

"I can't help, I can't help but feel like; I wasn't surprised by what the shooter did to those cops and I think a lot of us feel the same way and I know it's not right and I definitely don't condone violence against innocent people" <--- I said it to people right after the Philando Castile shooting. I said 'something is going to happen. This country is about to erupt after back to back incidents.' And I discussed how Ferguson protests got out of control and how Rodney King spurred race riots and fires in L.A. I said to some friends 'country is at a boiling point and I think some crazy terrible stuff could happen at any moment now' . That absolutely does not mean I support or condone or sympathize with shootings, looting, riots or any of it. Just to make that clear.​

But regardless of what KJ might have liked out of Kaylin James' social media rant or her post-statement or the article reporting about it, the fact is she made a horrible, radioactive statement when she said she "can't help but feeling like the shooter was a martyr."

Even if she immediately in the same breath states that this feeling is horrible and wrong, that statement is so radioactive that KJ as a professional athlete with a public presence should have kept as far as he could from that. If he had the smallest notion to re-tweet the article and say "Preach", the smarter part of him should have smothered that tiny notion with a giant helping of "NOPE!" //insert video of "Hell to the Nah" preacher//

The only martyrs that tragic night were the 5 brave Law Enforcement Officers that lost their lives protecting citizens right to freedom of speech. There was a protestor, a mom, who was shot in the leg right in front of her 2 children. Officers were running towards the spray of bullets to throw their bodies on top of her and her 2 children, offering themselves up as human shields.

Focusing back on KJ and athletes speaking out on social matters, I can understand how athletes feel somewhat obliged to speak out and use the megaphone that is their public presence which is larger than average citizens. But be more like Harden. Harden tweeted out "This. Has . Got. To. Stop. #Sterling #Castile" That's not making any premature conclusions during an ongoing investigation. It's as non-radioactive as the plea "Stop the violence"

And definitely don't be like Cleveland Browns Isaiah Crowell, who posted a horrendous, hateful Instagram photo. (I'll let you do your own internet sleuthing) But Crowell's post was utterly disgusting. Cleveland PD rightfully went into an uproar. Crowell rightfully apologized. Cleveland PD rightfully said "You're a grown a** man. You can kiss my a*ss" in response to Crowell's apology. And to his credit, Crowell is dedicating his 1st game check next season to the Cleveland PD. That's a more significant apology and ownership, cause that's how NFL players get paid...game checks. And he only makes $500,000.00 a year. That's $31,000 or so dollars he's donating to Cleveland PD.

Instead of KJ just deleting his dumb tweet and then tweeting "Don't overreact cause I ain't say it so pipe down..." , he should own it and apologize in a significant way like Crowell. KJ makes $3,333,333.33 a year. He makes almost 7 times as much as Crowell. Not that an athlete's talent should matter 1 way or another, but KJ only played 235 minutes last year. So when he was on the court last year, he was making $850,000 an hour. Police officers risk their lives every day they wear the badge for $40,000 a year. He should say something like "I absolutely do not condone the view that the shooter was a martyr, even though my incredibly stupid tweet made it seem so. I apologize for my tweet, and give my thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased officers."

And I'm not one for pocket watching, so it's his money to do what he wants. But if I were him I would donate money to the fundraising campaigns going on right now for the slain officers' families.

And me personally, I had a really low opinion of KJ last year, all basketball-based. I liked him even less after watching his terrible play this Summer League. And now I REALLY don't like him.

1 person likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People should not be allowed to graduate elementary school if they think the first amendment means you are free from criticism or all consequences in your personal life.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's probably a good idea to let this thread go.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I hear you and that's your opinion which is your right, I have a similar opinion about gun nuts that still support AR-15 rifle purchases after everything that's gone on in this country, bunch of morons and idiots.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think anyone is saying KJ should be free of criticism or even punishment by his employer but there are some nasty things being said about him personally in this thread. Freedom of speech should be respected and once you start attacking the person instead of the opinion that's a problem. There was a poster who called him a THUG.

There's no such thing as civil discourse anymore. Maybe that should be a elementary requirement.

#434 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You are the piece of $h!t that gives pieces of $h!t a bad name!! Blocked!!

16. bmd

bmd Member

I'll jump in on this one...

According to FBI statistics, in 2014, there were 11,961 murders.

Of those,

a firearm was used in 8,124. Of those 8,124:

A handgun was used in 5,162 murders.

A rifle was used in 248 murders.

That's right. Only 248. And that's ALL rifles. Not specifically the AR-15 or even semi-automatic. Could even be a bolt action hunting rifle.

Just for comparison, there were 1,567 people murdered with knives. So more than 6x as many people were killed with knives than they were with a rifle of any type, much less an AR-15.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

17. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You are trying to explain this to someone short on intelligence and long on pre-determined prejudice and bias. Just let it go!!

18. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

White people commenting on the feelings and emotions of a black person (whether right or wrong in point of view) is literally the craziest thing I've ever witnessed. What Ms.James said is a result of OVER 400 YEARS OF ABUSE AND MISTREATMENT of her race, not just these recent deaths.

Bottom line is this, as a non African American person you will NEVER understand how this whole situation triggers certain emotions from the African American race.

Some of you wanna hate on kj when you should be looking yourselves in the mirror. Have your great grandparents ever been TASED, HOSED, WHIPPED OR HUNG because they were black?? Have any of your grandparents been forced to drink from a different water fountain because it was believed that they could pass on a disease??

Please for the love of whoever it is you pray to, only speak on what you know! If you were a rational human being as opposed to the short minded idiots a lot of you seem to be, you would at least UNDERSTAND THE THOUGHT PROCESS behind the comments this woman made. But then again, she's just another angry black person who deserves to lose her job and have all bad things happen to her huh? FOH

19. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Ok, so you admit more white people are killed by cops than blacks yet then use the total population percentage as an excuse for white blacks killed by cops is more serious than whites killed by cops. Did I get that right?

If so, then why do you, and others like you, ignore the facts when they damage your argument. Like how about the fact that blacks commit more or at the least about the same number violent crimes and homicides all the while making up a significantly less percentage of the population? Maybe that is part of the reason the blacks killed by police is so high?

http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about and Clutch doesn't even allow this type of crap in the D&D.

Hello! Mods! Anyone!