1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not if they are not going to bother to actually read the article referenced.

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

HOW ABOUT CONDONING MURDER? THATS A WHITE MANS VALUES?

1 person likes this.
  3. bmd

bmd Member

The Washington Post tracked every single time a police officer shot and killed someone. They even give a summary of each incident. The VAST majority involved a suspect with a deadly weapon. 782 of the 990 total to be exact. In 54 other incidents, the suspect was using his/her vehicle as a weapon. We're up to 836 of 990.

Then in 34 cases, a suspect had a toy weapon, 27 were unknown, and 93 were unarmed.

In the vast majority of those unarmed cases, the suspect was fighting with an officer. For example:

Ryan Christopher Rodriguez, an unarmed 21-year-old Hispanic man, was shot on Oct. 21, 2015, in West Goshen, Calif. A Tulare County deputy and a Farmsville police officer were attempting to arrest Rodriguez on a warrant. He tried to grab the deputy's gun and fought officers. His family said he had bipolar disorder.

Omar Ali, an unarmed 27-year-old man, was shot on Oct. 5, 2015, in Akron, Ohio. Akron police responded to a call about Ali attacking his girlfriend in a bar. After Ali refused to exit the bar, officers broke down the door. Police said he refused their commands and reached into his back waistband.

Steven McKenny, an unarmed 21-year-old white man, was shocked with a stun gun and shot on Sept. 21, 2015, in Paris, Tex. A Texas highway patrol trooper approached McKenny after he saw him sitting on a concrete barrier in the center of the highway. McKenny became angry, leading to an altercation.

Asshams Pharoah Manley, an unarmed 30-year-old black man, was shot on Aug. 14, 2015, in District Heights, Md. Manley, who had fled from a car crash, was shot as he struggled with Prince George's officers over one of the officer's guns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

Maybe the cops sometimes are too quick to shoot. At the same time, when the population they are serving have as many guns as they do, the officers have to approach these situations with extreme caution, and not complying with officers may just get you killed as the police have to assume you are armed.

4. mightybosstone

Then don't buy apparel and spend money on the team. But you're not hurting KJ McDaniels, you're certainly not doing anything to actually address the problem and posting about how upset you are on an Internet sports forum essentially amounts to nothing.

If you really want to do something about, write a letter to Les Alexander. Picket outside Toyota Center. Call the Rockets organization and leave messages. Seriously, ACTUALLY do something about it. But don't sit in here and wine about it on a sports forum and then act all self righteous because you're not going to support the team anymore.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Bye KJ, didn't think you were that great to begin with and this just seals it.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I will actually bring it to attention on twitter to more people so a national american media pick it up. I will actually vehemently voice my disgust over KJ McDaniels being a member of my team.
    You are so naive if you don't think the organisation and the PR department don't watch this forum. You are naive if you don't think they will be very hardpressed and put in difficult position to take action if this matter gets more publicity and goes viral.

I do not want to actively harm Kj Mcdaniels. He can do whatever he wants. I just don't want to have anything to do wiht him, watch him play and don't want him on my team. The end. He can go get his money while wearing some other jersey.

What are you doing exactly btw? b****ing about fans? Saying that we dont' matter unless we go picket outide of the stadium? How about our $ talks?
    Without our $ the NBA wouldn't exist. Enough with the bullcrap about the fans don't matter that is being said here repeatedly. We do matter the most.

7. MONON

MONON Member

Good point. Media publishes what sells.

8. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't overreact cause I ain't say it so pipe down..</p>&mdash; KJ (@KJMcDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/KJMcDaniels/status/752974167373340672">July 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I've seen too many instances of cops getting caught lying and in cover ups to think all of these descriptions are accurate. Lies and corruption is like roaches, if you see one there are many more you didn't see. Now that almost everyone has a camera on them all the time, and we are seeing instances of clear cut abuse of power and murder by cops, it makes me think that a lot of these instances where all we have is the cop's side of the story aren't being accurately portrayed.

I mean, take the case in South Carolina, where the cop shot the fleeing man in the back(warning: death). If that wasn't on camera I am very confident it would have ended up written up as totally justified.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol yeah , affirmation that he needs to be cut. This is on par with Jones stomping a homeless guy

12. TheresTheDagger

I contacted the Rockets today through Twitter. I also linked this thread to one of my Tweets. I'm also commenting here.

Meanwhile, how do you know he hasn't done the things he suggested?

If you have a comment on the topic at hand, by all means post it. In the meantime, please give others the courtesy to do the same.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

As opposed to the James Harden Girlfriend thread

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Surprised nobody has picked up on this post.

There is precedent from the Rockets-Mavs series. The Rockets social media person got fired without hesitation for what I would consider a completely harmless and benign joke post.

If KJ McDaniels doesn't get fired for endorsing murder, it would make the Rockets organization look like huge hypocrites to me.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Way to play the uneducated card

16. mightybosstone

I think you're naive if you assume they do.

If you really knew the awful opinions of every single professional athlete/public figure you supported, there would probably be a lot of other people would be wearing "some other jersey." You're just getting outraged because he was actually honest about it.

I'm not doing anything about it because I don't care. I grew up in a family that has extremely right-wing and oftentimes offensive values, and I've never agreed with them. I still go to family functions, and I'm a believer that everyone is entitled to Freedom of Speech and their own awful opinions.

If KJ McDaniels is still on the team at the start of the season, I'm going to continue watching Rockets games. I may not like the guy as a person, but I don't watch professional sports because I think all of the professional athletes I support are geniuses or share my same personal values. I do it because I like watching professional sports.

And if the worst thing KJ McDaniels ever does is have an offensive, one-word Tweet in the middle of one of the strangest periods of time in modern American culture, I can honestly live with that. There are people out there committing actual crimes and physically harming others. I can deal with ignorance. It's violence I don't condone.

1 person likes this.
  17. mightybosstone

I don't know that he hasn't. But I know that he isn't doing anything about it while he's wasting his time complaining about how offended he is on Clutchfans.

18. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

I'm not sure if KJ knows what 'Martyr' means.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That was an interesting read

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

too much gray. I see all sides.