1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Euro 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Raz, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Breh needs to join Bayern. I wanted him years ago, but he'll probably cost 100mil now. Maybe it happens if Lewandowski goes to Real.

2. matpio

matpio Member

It's a pretty common chant all over Europe's football stadiums.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I was going to say, I've seen Wales and fans do it also...

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

After re-watching, I guess you can give that penalty.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I watched it a few times to see the Refs reaction bc it was delayed; he put his hand up to blow the whistle right as it took place but put it back down. I think he checked with the back Ref to confirm, then called the penalty. I thought it may have been when Schweinsteiger was laying on the ground that the ball hit his arm but on review the Ref got it correct.

6. malakas

malakas Member

that uh uh with the sound?? What?
    I am sure this is Iceland's traditional celebration. Before this euro I had never seen it before???

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I assumed the Iceland fans were still there and that they were doing the chant. But if not, that is grand larceny the likes of Miami stealing the Houston Oilers theme. Bad France.

8. Raz

Raz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jesus christ France...you beat us, find your own way to celebrate your win! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/embarrasing?src=hash">#embarrasing</a></p>&mdash; Icelandic Football (@icelandfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/icelandfootball/status/751158466216095749">7. Juli 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. matpio

matpio Member

This is from more than 2 years ago in Lyon, France. And I'm sure I could find earlier ones. That chant has been around for a long time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxz7_O2VYTw

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a youtube link...

10. Raz

Raz Member

They hold their arms in a different way in that video. Also, the French didn't do this in the early stages of the tournament, not before they played Iceland, so it's pretty obvious...

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feel good miracle story, breh.

In the beginning no big French club wanted him due to his short stature of a striker.

Then came his mentors inside Real Sociedad who scooped him up and he has been in Spain ever since. :grin:

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sick yet funny celebratory move

[​IMG]

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Besides Patrice Evra who is a veteran and Bacary Sagna, this french team look really young and exciting. They should be a force to reckon with in the next 8-10 years.

They have quite a lot of depth with the likes of Sakho, Zouma, Clichy, Ribery, Lacazatte, Varane etc not even part of their squad this time

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mathieu from Barca, Benzema from Real, United's Martial and Schneiderlin not playing much or at all.

Ben Arfa from PSG, Kondogbia, Nabel Fekir and the Oldie Valbuena

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The owner of the Contador cycling team was hilarious whoever that is. Like the Charles Barkley of cycling perhaps. Brutally truthful.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Just realized that teh virtual FIFA Euro I played in had the same Final match as the real Euro, let's hope it ends up the same way and Ronaldo leaves the pitch in tears.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Breehs, no one excited for the Final? Guess everyone still sad that Germany is out. :p

I predict a 3:3 for France.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

a 3:1 for France.* :grin:

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lets go France XD

20. PhiSlammaJamma

4-2 Portugal.

I am actually amazed at the passion the players have, and that the fans have, given this is not a league or world cup match. Credit to the fans and players for bringing it.