1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Las Vegas Summer League] Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The singing cowboy

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

GP2 was complete trash tonight. Dekker and Wiltjer were very solid. Don't really doubt Beasley because for better or worse, we know his offense will be there when it counts. Chinanu is manure.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

In other news. Kris Dunn looks like the 2nd coming of Russell Westbrook. Timberwolves are going to be so scary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kris Dunn says SIT DOWN SAMPSON! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a> <a href="https://t.co/EGfTsCRBVn">https://t.co/EGfTsCRBVn</a></p>&mdash; FOX Sports Radio1340 (@1340AMFOXSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/1340AMFOXSports/status/751604943400861696">July 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. jogo

jogo Member

Bear in mind that this is just summer league.

GP2-Played really well. One bad foul on the 3 pointer and everyone thinks he played bad. Not true.

Wiltjer-You know, I liked the 3's. Then I realized he was 3 for 9. His defense was horrible. Go to the vipers.

Dekker-He looked really good to me. Scoring, shooting, athletic. I think his injury is minor.

Beas-Yes, he's a chucker. When his shot doesn't fall he's no good. I want to trade him but he doesn't have any value.

KJ-I still think he played well. Missed a bunch of shots but he won't be shooting those in the league. He was all over the place, good D, hustle. 8-8 FTs is great.

Harrell-I thought he looked pretty bad. 2 big blocks aren't going to save my view that he fouled a bunch and took a bunch of ill-advised shots.

Onu-Really didn't do much. He's 19, just one game. Hopefully he'll look better. I can't believe people talk sh-- about a 19 year old playing his first game in SL.

Taylor-Did nothing. I wanted him to play well as a UT fan but there was nothing there.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ankle-breaking doesn't count when you clank your shot that shot badly.

But I guess this is why Rubio's days are numbered.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well in fairness he did say "the next coming of Russell Westbrook" so that kind of implies that he'd break ankles and then miss a shot badly.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

What a load of crap, such a simplistic black and white view.

Let's throw you on the court and see how you would go chucking, Im sure if you played enough games you'd get 'lucky' yeah?

Yes, he is a volume shooter. Labelling him as garbage however is just moronic.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Has WTFRocketsWTF changed his signature on Dekker yet?

1 person likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

27 Points (10-18)

5 Assists, 2 rebs, 3 steals. ;)

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Also lol at posters who liked Onuka. It was a horrible pick. Both of our picks were horrible. He might turn out to be a fine solid player, but there were far better players available. It should be Demetrius Jackson out there running the offense. Instead we are stuck with an underhanded free throw chucker and a chinese 'prospect' who won't be ready for years.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given that he's probably the worst defender on the roster, do you really think his chucking justifies his roster spot? I mean, even against Summer League talent it's a flip of a coin to see if he'll make the awful shots he chucks in the general direction of the rim or if he'll miss them. Tonight he was one of the worst players on the court in a Summer League game.....think about that.

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

JMO of course but other than ATHLETIC ABILITY as mentioned, KJ is a joke. Not only was he 3 of 17 or whatever but he looked disinterested. This guy should be going great guns but instead wallows around and does nothing....same as in the past.

Really, besides the constant mention of athletic ability, he doesn't bring much.I wouldn't bet the farm on him shooting the 3 better than Brewer.Time to move on IMO.As much as I am not a big Brewer fan, he'd run KJ into the floor.

Beasley....I think DOES deserve a roster spot. He can impact a game when he is in sync and has shown that. He seems to play with EFFORT..something not always evident on the Rockets.

#21...the Louisville guy...whew, hope it was an off night. Because there wasn't much there....Harrell or anyone with a pulse would wear the guy on the floor out tonight.

Just a hunch but watch Gaines....he is a player.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We need a NBA Summer League thread for the other NBA Players.

Ingram vs Hield on right now.

14. BackdoorHarden

Dekker = next Parson

15. jogo

jogo Member

Wow, I agree with Bobby!

Look, I liked Beas last year, too. But people are right-he's a chucker and his defense is bad. If his shots aren't falls no then he's really hurting our team.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Parsons - Dribbles better, defends better, shoots better, passes better, runs quicker, rebounds better. Dekker is nothing close to Parsons.

17. BackdoorHarden

Anyone with a good link or a link to Youtube streaming?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just don't think any of our young talent is special. We'll see what Dekker can do, and he's off to a good start, but I don't feel good about any of our young talent too be honest. Holding out to see if Clint and DMo take the next step; hopefully Dekker turns into a player. Other than that, it's pedestrian at best.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He shot 52 % from the field last year.

This is 1 GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me one person on the Rockets last year who could create his own shot and score besides Harden?

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And D'Angelo Russel, plus Walton's coaching debut. :grin:

Do you not have a cable account, or know someone with a cable account password? You can stream from ESPN Watch (ESPN 3)