1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think about Gordon and Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't like the signings overall. If we were gonna strike out on the impact free agents I wanted us to start rebuilding in the hope we'd have something special a few years from now. I would have preferred to sign younger guys without crazy injury histories. To be honest, it's the Anderson $20 mil that kills me the most.

All these signings do is allow us to tread water, we're not actually going anywhere. I see Les basically running this team into the ground with nothing to show for it in 2 years when Harden leaves. I'm not trying to be a hater but objectively speaking, we aren't even close to contending and it's hard for me to see how that changes his coming season, or even the season after that. So I'm not sure what we're playing at by bringing in the hospital brigade.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agree.

I wished they would have taken calculated risks on young talent with higher ceilings. We know what we will get with Gordon and Anderson and I'm not even looking at their injury history. I just think these signings are stopgap acquisitions so that next year's team can make the playoffs as a low seed just to keep the mediocrity train humming along.

1 person likes this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

It's not my money.. So ehh..
    Besides my analytic app suggest these two are due for injury free seasons..

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Solid signings to upgrade talent. Aside from the injury history, that's really the only knock on these acquisitions. Next year is the step to build back the rep for the rockets as harden's Free agency looms in 2 years

5. Allegro

Allegro Member

If you thought our defense was bad last season, uh....

Excuse me, I need to throw up.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

No idea why people are complaining like they were expecting a defensive first team next year. That makes no sense. When MDA was hired a defensive first mentality team went out the window period. Those complaining about the defensive side just need to accept it. It's not the top priority under a MDA team

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

A healthy Gordon is good enough for 3rd best on a champion and Anderson 4th.

Harden is only #1 material if the #2 is equal.

Team is probably missing The man/star.

8. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Pretty good for bodybuilder

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Can I wait until Feb. or March to answer this question, because I feel like "impending" doom will happen at some point, giving our history with injured players?

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

what does jason genova have to do with this

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

both are incredibly injury prone but good offensively..

My biggest source of confusion/concern is how Gordon and Harden get on the floor together. Is Harden the back up pint and Gordon plays the 2? does one of them shift to the 3?

Defenisvely it is going to be a dead-set nightmare

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'd call it a B+ if we were finished, because we got two perfect complements to Harden who were necessary to a successful season under D'Antoni, but we obviously are not.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

50+ Wins

Dependent on how quickly Antoni can get his system in

Rocket River

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

bad moves all around, Gordon is a good signing for the price, if he's healthy, but he's only been healthy his rookie year out of 8 years.

The contract says 12 million, but if he plays only 75% of the games, it's really more like 16M.

Our defense definitely got worse, unless Capela turns into a DPOY candidate, but even then I'm not sure you can be good with Gordon + Ryan Anderson + Harden in the same lineup.

Our offense was great last year, and it got better. Our defense was terrible last year, and it got worst. We'll at least be entertaining to watch, if you aren't a Rockets fan.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Check Gordon's total number of games participation in the last 6 years

Beasley at least gets some minutes

16. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

if we win 50+ games I'll eat my laptop.

If we had gotten Anderson 3 seasons ago I would have loved it. Now it dont make sense since we arent contenders. Same with Gordon. I wish we just started the rebuild already because we will literally be in a bad spot with these 2 for the next few years and Harden.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see grading it a C plus after everything is done.

19. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

This is a tragedy simple and plain nobody wants to come play with them they are nobody's Morey panic and signed this bull crap

20. Remlap

Remlap Member

Right now. I like the signings.

Last year, no real system, just jacking up 3's and ISO ball.
    Hard to watch

This year we have an experienced coach with an actual offensive system.
    Likes PnR and shooting 3's.
    Picked up 2 shooters to fit into that system

Still an upgrade over the chuckers we had last year.
    Anytime you upgrade you should be happy right?

. . . .. except on CF I suppose