1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I did it for a week, I would certainly join in an effort of no response to him

He was arguing mainly with me before, then this week I quit responding to anything of his and he started getting into arguments with others

He quotes himself when no one else interacts with him though, so it's doubtful it works

2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Everyone should just block him so we can make this board great again.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Makes sense in theory...till u see he's got 14 of the 20 posts per page.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You keep harping on this. What does it matter? Prior to the Cuthbert HR, the bullpen WAS warming up. He gave up the HR to Morales, had an easy time with the next guy. Then a routine single and then the second HR.

He went 7 his previous 2 games and had a WHIP of 0.5 and an ERA of 0.00 in the 7th inning (since those stats seem to be so important to you - even in such a small sample size). Overall this year, he pitched into or through the 7th 3 times with a WHIP of 0.33 and an ERA of 0.00.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cang just needs to admit more when wrong. We're all wrong sometimes. If that happens, following posts would be more reputable. Dude has some nice baseball knowledge overall though.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Honestly, my bad, I should have phrased differently, I meant ...

B. That you think that most people here think you provide productive, meaningful, reasoned contributions to the discussion about baseball, and it's just a vocal minority that dislikes you and your posts. (When I typed positive thoughts, I didn't mean to say that people should only be allowed to say positive things about the Astros. I meant a positive/productive contribution. Again, my bad on the wording).

My point is that it's not a vocal minority that thinks you do not contribute to productive discussion. I'd venture to guess its almost everyone.

Look, I posted this before and you didn't bother to acknowledge it, which is fine. But in case you missed it. I was really trying to help and to reach you.

Dont be that guy who talks incessantly and doesn't allow others to get in a word. Don't be the guy that tramples everyone with your thoughts and words. Don't be the kid that raises his hand in class to every question. Don't be so unlikable. Seriously, I think most people want to be liked in some way, and I'm guessing you don't particularly like people attacking you.

Consider posting less. Consider shorter posts. Consider adjusting your approach. It really is annoying. It really is inconsiderate.

And your post encouraging me to post about the
    Astros. I read all the Astros threads. I do post from time to time. But I pick and choose when I post. I don't talk incessantly because I value the words and opinions of others.

This isn't a witch hunt or a difficult forum or group of people. Do you see anyone else posting here that manages to tick a lot of people off?

7. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

The problem is i think differently.

I don't mind reading a poster 100 times, if is baseball related.
    For example, and i am telling you the truth here, i started a post about a puerto rican team of all astros. Beard started to give names of Astros. I was going to reply to all those names, because they are Astros players and i love to talk baseball, imagine, some names i really like to hear, Casey Candale who played winter league for Santurce, and stuff like that, but then i decided against because i just don't like the guy and his "intention" were not good. But, if the way came with clean hands (that is an expression in spanish) i would not mind taking about those guys at all. To bring memories back????

If a guy is opinionated, is that a sin? What i think is a must is not trash other forum members.

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So perhaps you do not mind reading a poster 100 times. What if others do? What if people are asking you to post less, not overwhelm the board with your stuff.

Do you care?

Or is it just it's a free country, people should be able to do whatever they want, and there should be no internet etiquette or consideration given to others?

It's really one or the other.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Clearly he wouldn't mind reading an entire thread with nothing but his 100+ posts about "baseball".

It's unfortunate that he doesn't realize that others here would have a problem with that. I guess somebody else has to tell him, unless his use of the ignore feature is as wishy-washy as his proclamations and "game over" schtick.

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

It's better than him having 14 and the other 6 are people arguing with him like the current situation.

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

If is about baseball, and baseball related, i have no problem. Now, if you start talking about politics, which i love, but is not the forum for that, then i understand if having to read 100 post about politics may be wrong.

Now, the thing about posting less is that in a baseball game thread, it is 9 innings. Unlike you guys, i don't have the games on tv, i watch them by internet, so i am able to comment on the play as is happening. To tell you the truth, i prefer in a baseball thread to talk about managerial moves, what should be done, what was done wrong (in my opinion) than a play by play of a game, and everything starts with the lineups. Why is this guy playing? I don't like this matchup, i like that one. and why???? For instance, i said i like Gattis playing today even tough it was a righty, and i gave my reasons. Look, he hit a homer and a single, and i was not saying, i was right, but i did like the matchup of Kennedy vs Gattis.
    I did like the argument about Perez, Mick gave a great response, and i got another one with numbers. He has his opinion, i have mine, but BOTH arguments were win numbers. That is baseball talk, and is good, that is fun.
    I learned one thing from it, that Altuve stole 2 bases against Perez, that is great. Did you learn that today? Or did you know it? Well, i learn it, and i love to learn. Now, i also gave numbers on Salvador and his arm, and how difficult is to steal vs some pitchers and how easy is with Chris Young. Did you know that before today? I knew about Salvador, but not Chris Young, and i learn that thanks to the baseball talk with Nick.
    Now, when have you read Beard talk baseball when he replies to me? When????

12. Major

Major Member

You can justify it however you want. But you're talking baseball to yourself on a message board that is supposed to be about interacting with other people. You're clearly not successfully able to communicate with everyone. If it's one or two people, it's their fault. If you can't communicate with anyone, that's on you.

Some introspection would serve you well. Why is it you - and ONLY you - seem incapable of actually having useful discussions with anyone? Riley's question was essentially whether you even care? Are you just here to spew out posts without any concern for who reads them? Or do you want actual discussions with people? Because if it's the latter, you're failing miserably and should consider why that is.

13. Major

Major Member

NO ONE TALKS BASEBALL WITH YOU. Everyone has a great time talking baseball with everyone else.

Think about why that is and whether you care. If you do, you should ask yourself "what can I do differently so I can actually have conversations with people?"

14. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Is a pity that you only have 2 posts and none are baseball related.

And you know what? For me is not the quantity, is the quality.

Also, when i say talking baseball, is learning from others and believe me, some here also learn a little from what i have to say, so even is they don't "talk" or reply, they read. Look, you are "reading" what i am posting, right????

15. Buck Turgidson

I try, and it mostly works for me, buy all you assholes have to quote certain people's every damn post.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

you can't honestly mean that.

17. bcast89

bcast89 Member

But you don't have any quality posts...?

The only thing people are learning when they "read" your posts is that they are finding it so hard to read the game threads and any other threads you post in because you are annoying and very troll-ish.

Please stop justifying every reply to someone who doesn't agree with you with "talk baseball." We'd love to talk baseball with you if you could just stop trolling and respect other people's opinions if you want yours to be respected too.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe already posted, but Stros are currently riding an 11-game HR streak, thanks to Gattis' blast yesterday.

Sounded like 10 was our maximum last year, also occurring in June.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

didn't see that. Awesome. Hopefully Reed can tack onto it soon.

Sure is nice having Altuve hitting the same power groove he hit earlier this season. Love that it doesn't appear to be a 1 month flash in the pan, and instead real growth

20. Major

Major Member

So clearly the answer is that you don't actually care about having conversations with others. You just want to spew your posts without regard to whether anyone cares or you're contributing anything to a discussion. I'd be fascinated to see you at a dinner party and whether you just talk to people there without any concern for whether they can understand you or care what are you saying.