1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

I have to say again that thibs is stupid. You should never make your coach the gm and here is the proof. Guy isn't even in the job for a month and he's already selling the young talent for what? So he can pay Noah or get useless vets.

2. malakas

malakas Member

either way Rubio is about to get traded very soon and one of the teams interested is probably us.
    He's out of Minny.

wouldn't be surprised if the Rodriguez rumours even came out today on purpose so that BKN can use it to negotiate for leverage against Minny.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When did they say that?

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What are the packages the other teams are offering? I know gay from sac town what's Chicagos offer?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

We really don't even know if there are teams contacting them for Rubio, in fact it's Minnie that offerd Rubio to the Bulls when they contacted them for Butler, and it seems they offered the 5th pick + Rubio but the Bulls said no. Other reports were saying that the Bulls asked the pick and LaVine but the Wolves didn't want to trade LaVine (which is something i personally don't believe)...that's all we have at this point i guess.

Woj also said during the draft that Thibs was shopping Rubio very hard but couldn't find a deal, this leads me to beleive that only few teams have interest in him and none wants to pay a lot anyway...

Maybe i'm wrong but it seems more and more another Lawson situation, or not that different at least...it seems his value is pretty low and the fact that not a lot of teams are looking for a pg doesn't help the Wolves.

6. chandlerbang21

The delusion is strong in this thread. He is not what the rockets need considering his lackluster offense

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'm not a huge Rubio fan, but I do think he could fit quite well with the Rockets, depending on the trade. If you're able to part with Brewer and either Bev or KJ, I think you pull the trigger. If you have to include Ariza or 1 of our young guys (unlikely since Thibs is coach), I'd pass.

1) With the new salary cap, Rubio's contract will be quite reasonable.

2) He's 25 and I think you have him for 4 more years. If Harden were to leave in 2 years, it'd be nice to have a guy that can step in immediately as the primary ball handler.

3) His major weakness is shooting, and that's the 1 area that players can significantly improve at with enough practice.

The major concern will be Rubio's fit with Harden, but what's the worst case scenario? We aren't going to be spending that cap space on a guy like KD or Horford - let's try to make a significant improvement with a trade, and if he just doesn't fit, we should be able to flip in at the deadline.

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm okay with the Rubio-Ish Smith-GloveII rotation at the PG

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wouldn't be so critical of Thibs yet. To this point he hasn't traded anyone, and most reports say he's not willing to include Lavine.

I tend to think Lavine is not in trade talks and Thibs is just trying to find a way to unload Rubio and Pek. They might be fine if the cost is Payne.

If they want vet leadership, they have plenty of cap room to pursue free agents.

10. basketballholic

Lavine doesn't matter. He can't play basketball.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rubio will be the biggest "name" we can acquire this offseason. Pek & Rubio for Brewer, gitrdone! :)

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If Lavine can't 'play' basketball then where does that leave half of the league? What a moronic statement.

14 ppg on 45% fg and 38% from three. He's a SG not a PG.

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Rubio might be 25 but he's played professionally for 10 years. He isnt going to improve significantly, and that probably includea shooting

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I thinks MDA gets his guy in Rubio. Not sure if MDA has actually voiced about acquiring Rubio but I know MDA loves pass first PGs and Rubio is at the top of the list in true pass first PGs.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Rubio needs to learn to step into his set shot with a little bit of rhythm, like Jason Kidd learned to do. He shoots that thing so damned stiff and flat-footed, it's painful to watch. If he were firing off any more inhibitory neurons, he'd fall down, catatonic on the court. His shot's broke, as the saying goes. Cue every DO NOT WANT meme.

16. rocketseagles07

Yea.... pass first pg's that can shoot. Not ones that can't shoot and had one of the worst finishing percentages in nba history a couple years ago

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know about this, i think the guy has talent, but he seems too much an headless chicken...anyway i just cannot believe they refused to trade him for Butler, this doesn't make any sense...

18. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Any Rubio move will happen by Thursday. Still going to be b/w HOU and CHI, despite other teams claiming their desires. What it comes down to is additional assets. My buddy say Bevereley would not be included and Ariza may be the biggest Rockets name on the move.

Basically Ariza + fillers + irrelevant picks for Rubio + Pekovic.

Again, don't shoot the messenger, just sending what I'm getting.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Would you trade Dunn AND Lavine for Butler? I'm not sure that's the right move for them.

If they take a big step forward this season, they will be a prime free agent destination next summer.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's a bad trade, and very unMorey like. Ariza is BY FAR the most valuable player in that trade. I wouldn't do Ariza for Rubio straight up, let alone take back Pek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.