1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Rockets summer FA plans :

G
    Aaron Brooks
    Greivis Vasquez

C
    Jordan Hill

SF
    Wesley Johnson
    Lance Thomas

SG
    Allen Crabbe (12 mils per)

PF
    Ryan Anderson (18 mils per/4 years)

That's about the best you can expect,

lol

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Haha. Well at least on paper Bev makes sense for the Bucks.

The bulls and Rockets both have a ton of money to spend, and both have a need a PG. I think the Rockets can sell Etwaun on being "win ready", whereas the Bulls are several steps away. I don't see either team going over $35 million, but who knows with this summer.

I'd be ok with a Bev and Brewer for Koufos and McLemore swap. I do think we are in need of a backup center.

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

PG: Conley as the starter and Jennings off the bench. (trade Beverley)

SF: Batum (**** Durant if he doesn't want to play for us)

C: Hordford ( Whiteside is just a younger DHoward) (I Want more versatility at the 5)

Bye Dwight nice knowing you ****ing cry baby loser.
    Cut Brewer please or give his ass away.
    Let Jones walk.
    Trade Mcdaniels and release Dekker wack ass
    Never sign Terry again
    Never sign Smith again

Keepers.......

Harden
    Harrell
    Capela
    Goudelock
    Beasley
    Ariza

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

You may want to talk with the Bulls also -> if they really plan to keep Butler.

Duffy i think.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Cod said in the draft thread that we talked with the Kings and that Sewer's contract is really difficult to get rid of.

And from what I gathered they were interested in Jones?

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Would ya? For 21 mill a season?

[​IMG]

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good post. Solomon Hill is another under the radar rotational player that could be available. Rockets need to target good value players to build this team back up. They need to get some momentum, stay flexible and be ready for 2017 FA with a better team.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thanks, and agree on Solomon Hill. He's on my short list, along with Kent Bazemore, Allen Crabbe, Harrison Barnes, and Maurice Harkless. Guys that are young and possibility underrated.

9. malakas

malakas Member

derozan is going back to Raptors and not even meeting with any other team.

10. rockets13champs

Parsons to Knicks confirmed they will strike out on KD, Noah and Dwight and sign parsons to 22 mill and get one of Ian Mahimi, Roy Hibbert or Miles Plumlee to be their center

Knicks are set to be
    Ian Mahimi
    Porzingis
    Melo
    Parsons
    Rose

11. rockets13champs

I would only take parsons back at 15-18 million

12. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Quality, but Lull isn't coming over. Give up now and save yourself.

Keep Bev and sign Moore. Moore would play the Terry role off of the bench and would be a nice upgrade. However, my concern with Moore is that he isnt a high volume 3 pt shooter so his average would mostly likely take a hit in the MDA system. How much of a hit idk.

13. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Sign me up. He's a punk ass but he's great at slashing and has a 3 point shot. He can create his own shot. Plus I know you guys haven't forgotten that pump fake he's got. Along with that he's also good for dribbling the ball out of bounds off his knee on a layup attempt and after us he's been fairly injury prone but I think he's good now.

Max Whiteside. Whiteside and Parsons can plug right in on our team with no other moves necessary. IIRC Parsons and Whiteside's max are around 22 mill? and we have 45 mill to work with.

Beverley/Harden/Parsons/Dmo/Whiteside+Beasley+Ariza+Capela+Mike Dantoni!

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we are talking about actual realistic targets, Parsons would be one.

I don't know if he's welcome back though, between Morey "We don't pay the Parsons, we draft the Parsons", and the Harden drama with all of the **** Parsons talked after he left.

He would be a great fit with Mike though, he could play a lot of small ball 4 minutes, would add a second play maker, scorer and another knock down 3 point shooter.

His max is 22 million, which actually is pretty decent comparing it with the 26.4 million Horford and Conley will be getting.

He went on an absolute tear in his last 3 months played, over a stretch of 36 games he averaged like

18 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3 assist, shooting 50/45/75 on over 2 made three's per game.

His only big issue is health, but he probably still gets his max, or at least around 20 million.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks, Jared Dudley, Nicolas Batum, Boban Marjanovic (RFA) are on my wish list.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hello 8th seed. Cavs in 5 1st rd

17. basketballholic

"The teams that find the Chandler Parsons, not the ones that pay them the max, are the ones that succeed long term" - Daryl Morey

Remember this? Its the truth. As much as I like Parsons and as much as I hated losing him, he is, at best, third fiddle on a championship team. At best. So the problem is you really cannot afford to weigh down the cap with him and others (which is why I believe we need to trade Ariza, Bev, Capela, and Brewer if possible to combine assets for a #1 or #2 player) when you clearly don't have your top two guys in place.

We just went through this with Dwight. He isn't good enough to be #2 on a championship team.

So we shouldn't sign Parsons. Let Orlando sign him aid then try to trade for Hezonja or Gordon and find the next Chandler Parsons.

Personally, I'm convinced Jarrod Uthoff is the next Chandler Parsons. GI've Uthoff 3 years and $4.5-5 million and forget Parsons. Maybe come back to Parsons if we get a clear #2 guy.

Pay Uthoff. Skip Parsons.

18. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

I think Morey has to think outside the box. Young and underrated players could fit into our new style.

19. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Trade

Ariza/Bev for Rubio/Muhammad

Sign Pau Gasol/Horford

Gasol
    Horford
    Muhammad/KJ/Dekker-Can all battle for starting spot
    Harden
    Rubio

*Everyone in that starting lineup can shoot free throws

*Harden can play off the ball and can now use majority of his energy on Defense

*What we lack in Rubio's shooting ability we makeup for in defense and free throws

*Gasol and Horford give us two legit low post threats

*Harden can run pick and pop with either of the two

*Gasol/Rubio spanish connection

*Gasol will be a one year deal allowing us to pursue FA next year

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Rockets finally have the cap space to sign him to a healthy offer without compromising other options, and Llull's club buyout supposedly dips this year. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Its time to move on from Bev. Not a bad player, just not ideal in MDAs system. He doesn't bring elite shooting like Moore does, or push the pace/act as a secondary ball handler like Llull would. If we're going to ask Harden to balance his time on/off ball, then we have to give him some reasonable options to work with.