1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Saw this on reddit.. thought you lot might like it.

We want the door down
    Wewanthedordown
    Wanthdordown
    Wunthdowun
    Wunthdwun
    Wun wun

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wun wun is a reference to Phil Simms, who wore #11.

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

For those saying it was predictable. You knew exactly how many arrows it would take before Rickon caught one? You knew Greyworm would assassinate two masters with one move?

If you have been paying attention since the first season you know Jon Snow is kinda important. I have questions tho.Where is Sam and that sword? What is Bran doing? What price will Sansa have to pay or is this the debt Littlefinger owed? What happens to the Glovers now? Are the Freys and Lannisters going to prepare to war against the Starks and Aryns?

Only spoiling this cause it references a book event that never happened.

I was really hoping that the Manderlys were going to play a role in this battle, because "The North Remembers" speech was one of my favorite moments of the books. Perhaps there's still a chance since the Frey's have to be dealt with and there could still be Fray Pie made.

4. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got the feels a little when this happened...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Same.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At one point I think Sansa mentioned to Jon that Rickon is the most important Stark. The only living male. I forget - Jon and therefore Sansa know Bran is alive right? I'm 99% sure Jon or Sam ran into Bran. She just meant Rickon is the only living Stark that Ramsey was aware of - right?

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The horsemen Little Finger/ Sansa brought in belonged to her mom's nephew, right?

8. So Good

So Good Member

My only complaint is I wish Ramsey was a better hand-to-hand fighter.

The scenes were amazing. Felt like a movie, like most people here have mentioned.

We should all hate this show lol (half kidding). Our favorite characters die over and over again and the good guys never win. We finally get a protagonist victory and people are complaining. It felt good to finally have a Stark win.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I must be in the extreme minority here. I didn't think the episode was that great. Some of the action was good, no doubt, but the content I just wasn't a fan of. I did enjoy the episode, but had some issues with it for sure. Predictability is fine, but only to a certain level in my opinion.

Jon rushing into battle and ultimately still getting to whoop up on Ramsey is weakness. Even with the way it played out, they totally missed an opportunity for badassness when he's grounding and pounding Ramsey and over at Sansa. She should have said, "Keep going." Feeding him to the dogs was TOO predictable, and less satisfying than other ways they could have killed him off.

We also have The Breaker of Chains, who I guess decided burning a boat full (it was just one right?) of slaves was ok as long as it serves her point. This is of course after she flies into her city, seeing that it is being attacked, to have a chat with Tyronn first. No worries, we have time.

I don't know jack about medieval combat, but the mountains of bodies seemed weird to me. I can see how bodies and horses would be packed tightly, but mountains of bodies? I suppose the whole walls closing in would have been less dramatic. About said walls...go low past the head of the spears of which the spearmen have no visibility, and you have the advantage. Break the spears with your swords, attack the shield dudes, whatever. Again, less dramatic I guess.

I am usually one to take leaps of faith and just accept what I see for what it is, but if it is something at nearly every scene, it's not as easy to accept. If Jon doesn't have to answer for basically getting all his men killed, something is wrong. Robert Arryn should have been leading his army. Would have been hilarious to see his goofy face.

10. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

That was good stuff. Turning the tables on the Masters with the Dragons and the battle scenes were awesome. For those who complained about predictability, what did you want to happen?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bran was North of the Wall when The Night's Watch were raiding the dude with all the daughters' place, he saw Jon but Jon didn't see him.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think at this point she just isn't sure. I mean with the things they've seen, how could she possibly be 100% confident anyone is alive, much less her young siblings.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Those are merely details. Everyone expected Jon to win the battle and Rickon had a high likelihood of biting the bullet. It was expected that the Vale would be the Riders of Rohan and save the day at the end - it fits Littlefinger's motives to be the last man standing after the other forces have taken each other out. Tormund or Wun Wun were likely to be taken out, Wun Wun more likely.

As for Mereen, we expected Dany to go all Dragon Queen on the ships. Hopefully, she did enough damage for the other ships to surrender and kept all others intact. Killing the masters wasn't so expected. Greyjoys alliancing with Dany was expected and made sense.

So the predictability came from the likeliest plots resolving the way we thought they would. That doesn't mean we didn't enjoy watching the episode. It just lost that suspense that we're accustomed to in GOT because we're spoiled.

1 person likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That was probably the best battle scene I've ever seen.

The tactics were legit.

Cavalry, crush point, etc.

The single shots were incredible. The whole thing felt claustrophobic and chaotic at the same time.

The best part was the stink face of Lyanna Mormont on the precipice of battle.

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I won't get into what I wanted to happen, but I think the complaints stem from the fact that this show has been all about being unpredictable. Last night was a pretty pivotal part of the story. I think it pretty much went just how anyone could have guessed it.

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Sam is on the way to Old Town. Bran is traveling to the Wall withe Meera and Uncle Benjen. Bran is in previews for Next episode
    most likely will have flashback to ToJ and get that R+L=J reveal
    I think Lannisters will have to worry about Kings Landing before worrying about Starks. Glovers and other north houses (what's remaining of them) will rally behind Jon, IMO. Regarding the book event:
    It seems Arya will be taking the role of Sir too fat to sit on a horse. Frey pies incoming.

Yes, those were the knights of the Vale. Their lord is sweet Robin who is Sansa's first cousin. Catelyn and Lisa were sisters.

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

They don't know if they are/were alive. Theon told Sansa that the boys he killed weren't the Stark boys. Jon never saw Bran. Sam ran into Bran but unclear if Sam told Jon about him.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I swear there was a scene where Sam told Jon about the encounter and Jon seemed happy about it...

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You might be thinking of the scene where Sam told Jon about losing his V Card. Jon was happy about that.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't care what plot device they have to use to make it happen, but they need to work in some Lyanna Mormont moving forward.

Big Pic

[​IMG]