1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah MJ being 6 for 6 and the way he just transcended the sport has him cemented for me as the GOAT but Lebron is the biggest freak this game has ever seen. The best of this current era hands down.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

In my mind, MJ is simply the most clutch player ever. Lebron, because of his physical gifts, is the more complete player.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

For me it's

Jordan
    Kareem
    LBJ
    Magic
    Wilt

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

1) LeBron
    2) MJ
    3) Magic
    4) Wilt
    5) Bird
    6) Russell
    7) Kareem
    8 ) Hakeem
    9) Shaq
    10) Duncan

5. split41

split41 Member

I'd also like to bump this, as it highlights a lot of BS about how the WCF was the real finals, the east is trash etc etc.

And it really points out this guy's ignorance haha

Only one team has ever come down from 3-1 to win the finals.

6. dischead

dischead Member

Remember, LeBron didn't win a thing until he reached out to Hakeem for help,

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No!

Robert Horry

Rocket River

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I still feel that MJ is at the top, though I'm willing to consider arguments otherwise. LBJ has a strong case for second greatest all time.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Horry's Block on Horace Grant is the best

Rocket River

10. durvasa

He didn't seem to have that many this year, but in the Finals I lost count how many times he did it. I'd like to see a highlight package of just his blocked shots in this series.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. LBJ might be second for me after tonight. But it is tough to go against 6 rings and 6 finals MVPs.

If LBJ can sustain this greatness and age well with at least one more finals MVP then I would entertain an argument for him being the GOAT.

12. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

MJ had Pippen and Phil Jackson for all 6 of his titles. Lebron has had some great teamates- DWade, Kyrie, but I think he carried a bigger load on offense and defense than MJ did (at least this year).

13. durvasa

Complete how? Jordan excelled in more areas. Better shooter, better competitor, and I'd say he was a better defensive player up to this point his career as well.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Dumb ass thread.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Better rebounder, playmaker. You also have to understand he WAS the defensive quarter of all his championship teams. Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Harper...

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Anedoctally, it just seems Lebron routinely leads his teams in points scored, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. I watched Jordan and honestly must have missed something but I can't remember him leading in that many categories. Lebron is walking triple double machine.

If were I to choose somebody to win a game for me, it would be Jordan, but I still believe Lebron is just a better overall player. Maybe the passing memory of Jordan's heroics are nebular to me due to time.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's the best block I've ever seen when you consider the context. For LeBron to have the stamina to run that fast that far to catch a guard, jump that high, and time that block perfectly after playing 45 minutes in a game seven of the Finals is just incredible. An all-time play. I can't think of any player ever that could make that play in that situation. No way.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

He was cried.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Lebron is better defensively. His defense is game changing. The cavs just kept curry and warriors to many low scoring games this series with defenders like kyrie, love, smith..... Delly stopped playing..

20. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Obviously a lot of ppl living in the moment right now.

Jordan is still easily the No.1 of all time. 6 rings, 6 FMVP, 10 scoring leaders. The list goes on and on.

Most importantly, Jordan lived in the era of fierce competition when there were so many elite big men and shot blockers, and the competition was so fierce so physical.

LeBron started to win champions when the league had no elite big men. Golden State didn't even have a center the last two game, no shot blocker, which helped Cavs a big deal and let them score most points in the paint.

I don't think LeBron would be as dominant in Jordan's era given he doesn't have a consistent jumper, while Jordan would have been even more dominant in this era.

That said, with this championship and performance in the Finals, he secured Top 5 spot all time for sure.

#2800 ivanyy2000, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016