1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Playmaking
    Distributing
    Rebounding
    Scoring in general
    Handles
    And yes drawing fouls

Klay has him in shooting and defense and that's it.
    Harden is a superstar who can carry a team Klay isn't even close.

2. Harden's beard

yeah, putting up 29-6-7 in the regular season, who calls that a superstar?

oh his team didn't do quite as well. So I guess Hakeem, MJ and Kobe were not as well when their team struggled to make the playoffs (yes, those eras did exist)

3. Houston79Astro

[​IMG]

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his momma called him klay, ima call him klank

5. Harden's beard

Needless to mention Harden's passing and play-making ability.

And Harden is a better scorer in general, Curry is just one hell of a 3 point shooter. But as you saw in the playoffs, when Curry struggles with his shots, his effectiveness shrinks significantly on that end of the floor. For all the ridiculing Harden receives for his uncanny ability to get to the charity stripe, it's actually an invaluable asset to have for an offensively-minded player, since it gives that much need consistency when your shots are not falling.

I would also suggest that Harden is a better slasher, I used to think Curry was good at attacking the basket, not after this playoffs.

6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

comparing them is stupid.

Harden is a leader, Klay is second string behind Curry. Klay could never play like Harden does and be as good

7. Houston79Astro

When ya pull up 5 ft from the three point line as much as he does, guys tend to play up on you, giving you more room to run inside the arc.

8. Harden's beard

yeah that's what I realized too, when his threes are off, other parts of his offensive game go as well.

And boy did he regress with his passing, Curry had more turnovers than assists in the Finals, lol.

9. dream2franchise

How much of this Warriors series loss will be pinned on Klay? I imagine next to nothing.

A 'Superstar' when they win, but conveniently a role player when they lose. What a luxury.

10. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I feel you, but if we finally have an end to the Steph Curry can do no wrong media show, it will be worth it to me. So long as the Warriors get a little bit of recognition for their pretentious, whiny, cocksure attitudes, I don't really care who is the focal point.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody on here is claiming Klay is better than Harden. But since you're a Harden Homer you are trying to spin it that way.

Since you're bent talking **** tell me what was Harden's Finals numbers? Better yet did Harden shut Klay down in the 1st round?

Bwhahaha

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Someone should start a Harden vs Irving thread.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

Uhmm, I'm pretty sure a few people on here have claimed that Klay is better than Harden.

Also, Ariza was on Klay most of the time during the first round matchup...

1 person likes this.
  14. Harden's beard

LMAO, of course now that Klay has royally ***** the bed, nobody said Klay is better, that never happened, sure.

oh yeah, Harden's numbers when he used to come off the bench as a sixth man 5 years ago is totally relevant in this discussion. and Harden has the exact same supporting cast and coaching staff as Klay does, so let's just compare them as if they are in exactly same situation.

Now that Klay has been utterly exposed as nothing but a second fiddle to a questionable superstar himself (i.e. Curry), blind haters such as yourself should move on to the target to make another ridiculous comparison wrt Harden. This thread is done.

1 person likes this.
  15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

But people are saying they'd rather have Klay Thompson over James Harden....

and I'd take Harden over Kyrie as well, but sheesh. Kyrie may be average at best at everything else but he still has all the skills to be a lethal offensive player. He just has trouble putting it together sometimes and gets stuck in hero ball. Still, Kyrie is filthy and if he ever learns how to put it all together consistently he'll be a huge problem. It's crazy what happens to talented players when they actually have other very competent to great players playing next to them...

Here. Guess who: Players who were involved in a Warriors play off series edition

41.7 minutes, 29.7 points on 56.2 ts%, 33.4 USG%, and a game score of 26.5 points

39.1 minutes, 26.7 points on 50.9 ts%, 32.6 USG%, and a game score of 23.0

41.3 minutes, 30 points on 53.9 ts%, 31.9 USG%, and a game score of 20.1

39 minutes, 27.1 points on 56.4 ts%, 30.9 USG%, and a game score of 19.1

38.6 minutes, 26.6 points on 55.5 ts%, 31.1 USG%, and a game score of 19.1

35.1 minutes, 22.6 points on 58 ts%, 30.8 USG%, and a game score of 13.1

35.3 minutes, 19.6 points on 56 ts%, 25.2 USG%, and a game score of 11.9

Of these seven there were six who played with at least another. Two were very close to beating the defending champs, two did beat the defending champs, two were the defending champs, and one is the guy who wouldn't get chosen over Klay Thompson by some salty, weirdo dudes on this forum. NOTE: One player was excluded from this Guess Who game despite playing much better than his two team mates in a particular series.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Irving on the rockets=lottery
    Vs
    Harden on the cavs=still champs

These harden haters really have low basketball iq

1 person likes this.
  17. JESSIE

JESSIE Member

I don't see why this is a real comparison. One player is a Ray Allen Type of player the other is a Paul Pierce with better handles. If James Harden played off Lebron James or another aggressive scorer with great passing skills Harden would have an inflated shooting percentage because he wouldn't have the defensive focus on him. Lets stop this. Klay is not better than Harden and it makes no sense.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I still stand by my statement...

Klay was the best SG this year....

T_Man

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol at Klay being the best Shooting Guard.

The stupidity on this forum, I swear to god.

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

A bunch of idiots and weirdos. I'm sorry for throwing names, but it is completely fair to call those mouth breathers those names. Absolutely ridiculously that a guy who is objectively worse than James Harden at being a basketball player still has his share of supporters.

We can even look at the head to head games. Harden severely outplays Klay Thompson in the playoffs when they match up. Even when Curry sits out.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...1=hardeja01&p2=thompkl01#stats_playoffs::none