1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV commercials that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 14, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'll tell you what isn't annoying

[youtube]wMoKcocpXh4[/youtube]

[youtube]fXV54IwG6bk[/youtube]

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

WINNER!

How can an unattractive woman be on TV and radio sooooo much?

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Stay away from american made cars.

I'm not against supporting our country's products but these companies aren't the ones who have to deal repairs and bad trade in value when in comes to the point.

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This was my first thought when I read the thread title. It makes me NOT want to ever buy a GM car it so off-putting.

5. MystikArkitect

Have had 3 straight GM trucks. Flawless, each one.

Wife had a Challenger we traded in, great trade in value and looked/drove better than anything else remotely comparable.

Toyota Jan Commercials. Easily the worst. Samsung's latest have been terrible. Apple's commercial saying "everythings changed" when the stuff their touting had been in other phones for years.

The one with the thumb that goes from here....to here....when Apple didn't feel like making their phone bigger.

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v2IkZZmd6RA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's too many to name and pretty much agree with the choices here. The Prius ones and the Chevy ones are particularly annoying.

The new Mountain Dew ones I don't find so much annoying as disturbing. They are the stuff that bad trips are made of.

My GF really hates the Xfinity ones with Paul Giamatti. I keep on wondering how much they paid him to take crap from a pretend family.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Considering how much money they put into the campaign she must test well.

On the flip side some of my favorite commercials are the Allstate Mayhem ones. I wonder if subconsciously that's why I'm with Allstate and not Progressive.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Any fake tough guy "sport" egg ball commercial. Or any commercial with that over-rated, unathletic, loser and fake leader JJ Fatt

10. TAB

TAB Member

Any Panera Bread commercial because of that chicks stupid ****in voice.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

If anywhere near the Statue of Liberty, u should definitely be thinking about auto insurance, because there is so much water and all.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am one of the few people who don't find Flo all that annoying. Some of the Progressive commercials are actually pretty funny (ie the one she protects the guy's car, the one she is sorta in the shadows and the guy says I still see you, and the ones with her entire "family"). Sure, they over play them, but they overplay any Jan commercial.

The ones I really hate are the pharmaceutical commercials. ALL OF THEM. The most annoying... the one where a redheaded girl in a stretch suit is supposed to be the intestines of some woman.

My favorite commercials. AT&T ones with Lily. Yea, Lily. My Lily. Yea...

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Sauvage w/ Johnny Depp:

Everything about the desert and Depp feels fake and blue screen, and over the top, as if they wannanbe Matthew McConaughey or 1800, but fail miserably at it.

The voice over in and of itself is thoughtful, but when combined with the visual is just comes off as crap.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't like the Chase Freedom commercial. It's like they want the red head comedian to be hot, instead of funny, and they plod along at it, and then at the end they try a joke and it falls flat. Just does not work.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The Subway commercial advertising day old turkey sandwich. I mean seriously, day old turkey is supposed to sound good? I actually like the sandwich. I tried it. But the commercial seems to antagonize the product.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Of the TV commercial personalities:

Flo: I've grown to like her over time, 7/10, multi character commercial was solid
    Mayhem: I like, 9/10, something strangely familiar about this guy, funny.
    Sonic guys: 6/10, the lemonade stand was good.
    Verizon, Can you hear me now: 3/10, traitor, must have got paid to switch, good tag line tho.
    Most Interesting Man: 10/10, too much fun
    AT&T school kid guy: 9/10, something strangely familiar about this guy that is likable.
    Old Spice guys: 6/10, they do their job well, but good looking men annoying
    ATT Sales Girl: 2/10, Just dumb
    1800: 8/10, solid commercial with atmosphere and presence.
    Matthew McConaughey Lincoln: 10/10 This worked. Last Commercial with Dogs dumb, but overall, he delivered.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Trump Wins World Presidency

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbM6WbUw7Bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I usually have a high annoyance tolerance, BUT....

<iframe width="1320" height="743" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e6o8PbAsGKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use to like JFoxx before he went full r****d...:eek:

http://www.pokkeriprod.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/never-go-full-r****d.jpg

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member