1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

#TrumpTarly2016

:grin:

2. thejav

thejav Member

Keep watching at least till the end of season 1.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

but the valyrian steel is.

mostly filler episode. expected with the heavy sfx from last week's episode. it'll be about building up the drama for the last couple of episodes where they can go crazy with the budget again.

richard e grant had a nice scene this episode.

the actress spoke with a modern aussie accent. the accent just seemed off, ie somehow didn't fit in with the show.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

maybe she wants to wear arya's face?

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Was it not cold hands who helped Sam? Since Benjen was about to become a white walker, does this mean he can not cross the wall since its protected and the reason why he never returned?

Too much time was spend on the Sam plot. I get they needed the sword, but it seems like a couple minutes could have been cut out.

I found it odd how everyone was surprised to see Tommen walk out. If Jaime is suppose to be the Kingsguard, should't he know where he is at all times? They are about to attack and kill The Sparrow and they have the king inside their temple??????

I suspect Arya killing the waif is intended by the faceless.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Looks like Brienne and Jaime are headed for a battle to the death. Guessing Brienne is going to die... maybe in Jaime's arms?

I don't think that trial by combat is going to go the way Cersei thinks.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Sam was a big disappointment. Such a p***y, not once dare to look his father's way as he was hurling insult after insult towards him and his gf. In many ways, despite killing a whitewalker, Sam is still Sam, a bookworm.

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Well GRRM said Coldhands was not Benjen awhile ago, but since they never introduced him in the show it seems the show writers are doing things as they see fit. He can likely cross the Wall. He probably never did before because he was under orders from the 3 eyed raven (much like Coldhands from the book).

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I know the answer to both

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That's exactly what I told my gf.

11. conquistador#11

No Bread for you!

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't think she will ever show up, but the Brotherhood will be back.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Saw it mentioned in a review and I have to agree and was thinking it a bit myself last night... could Dany actually be a villain? Her speech to the Dothraki seem to suggest it somewhat. What claim does she have to the Iron Throne besides being a Targaryen? She has never stepped one foot in Westeros, and yet she thinks she can come swooping in with a bunch of savage raiders, mercenaries and dragons, endure herself to the people and claim the throne, all while the Dothraki rape and pillage and her armies burn every stone castle to the ground. And this was something mentioned in an earlier season as well.

While I don't think she will become an actual villain, her intentions are not in line with someone wanting to bring peace to the 7 kingdoms, but rather simply conquer it all; not exactly hero mentality. But I do like that her story is finally moving forward and it'll be interesting to see where it goes. She doesn't realize she has no ships (but the Iron-born do) and Tyrion and Varys made a deal with the masters that I doubt she would approve of yet has worked to calm tensions and reduce violence.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's crazy how the show has made us want to see the Lannisters kill the Sparrows. The Lannisters are the antagonists of the show and the High Sparrow has them on the brink. I guess I'm a little shocked were are not cheering on the High Sparrow instead of wanting to see the Lannisters kill him.

If it turns out that the Sparrow is really running some elaborate plot to bring down the Lannisters on behalf of the Starks (Howland Reed) would we still be agonizing for the Lannisters to kill the Sparrows?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes that's quite a popular theory actually.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just a personal theory but I believe that a trial by combat by the Faith will be a seven on one affair. The mountain will have to fight seven knights at once. He will still win but it would be a typical dickish move by the High Sparrow.

17. MystikArkitect

So what was Aryas point spending time with the Faceless? Just so they could train her and if so, did she learn how to change faces?

Every character gets to a point where their story drags and we groan when we see them (Sam) but eventually they reach a peak. Arya, Daenerys and Bran are finally projecting forward.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

She is not a good person. She means to kill a lot of people... She has no good motive other than her psychotic claim to a throne. She is a conquerer and Dario is even starting to sense the problem if you looked at his face while the dothraki were cheering. He will Betrey her...

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

One prevalent theme is that Dany continues to try and be diplomatic and make peace like chaining up her dragons for example and staying in Mereen to rule rather than just raze it. Rather than heeding Quaithe and being true to herself, "Fire and Blood." Its inevitable she will have to embrace this.

I'm betting that when she gets to Westeros the White Walkers and the winter cold will have decimated the population and the Dany/Dothraki/Ironborn/Second Sons/Unsullied will be battling them instead.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member