1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 27, 2016.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

13 innings of the same old aggravation and blown opportunities by the offense is what i would call a "miserable" watch. it's fine if it wasn't the norm this season. the payoff at the end was more of a relief than a moment of enjoyment, and didn't change the amount of times i wanted to punch holes in the wall leading up to it. just like my opinion man.

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Actually, Springer would had gone to cf, Rasmus to LF and Marisnick to rf

What i meant is you take Marwin out and play Springer in the OF

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

what? no, that's not what would have happened.. They've gone with Marisnick or Rasmus in CF (or Gomez of course) this year. What makes you think Springer?

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

that's probably what he meant.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would they have Springer in CF, Rasmus in LF and Marisnick in RF? Every single game this season with those 3 in the outfield has had Springer in RF.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My opinion is that anyone who finds today's game a miserable watch (when their team wins), should probably not bother watching baseball.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

scroll through this thread. a bunch of miserable people.

8. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

That's why I'm back on lurk mode.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's kind of annoying. The words pathetic and trash are thrown around far too frequently. Some people seem to enjoy bashing their team, with no constructive input.

But whatever, I tend to ignore most of it because an actual dialogue is pointless. Player x is trash, and nothing more to add.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Selectively miserable.

Rarely post during games that are played well.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Per ESPN...

The 146' apex of Correa's game-winning HR is MLB's 3rd highest this season.

First pinch hit HR of Correa's career.
    Forth go-ahead hit in extra innings of Correa's career.

Great, clutch hit and good series for the Stros.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

The purging of emotions.

What does "constructive input" really matter when it comes down to it anyway? It's not like Hinch and Luhnow are going to browse the game thread to pick up some ideas.

See u guys at 3 for another dose of misery. Let's sweep some snakes.

1 person likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

We should not be short on motivation. Our archrivals. Grrrr!

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I largely feel the same way. I'm ecstatic that we won, and love what we saw from a number of players, but this should have been over in 9 innings. The catcher's interference and Valbuena error leading to runs was very frustrating. A wild pitch on a ball that was blocked and hit Mike Trout's foot, also sucks. The umpire missing what should have been a called strike 3 on Trout.

15. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Applying similar logic, if we are leading by 3, then where is the harm/risk of using Marwin in LF? He has played there before and as demonstrated on the close play at 2B he has a rocket for an arm.

Had we blown the 3 run lead and had to continue with more extra innings, I think we would feel better off having Marwin in LF than we would sacrificing the DH just to get Springer in the OF.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its really easy to get sour grapes about every game, and every play in every game, given how the season as a whole is turning out.

This exact same game last year would have a different effect on us for obvious reasons. Our reactions are smeared into the context of whats happening overall.

17. vince

vince Member

It was a quality win. The Starter pitched great. The bullpen guys keep pitching well. Giles hit 100 mph, though he did blow the lead. And there were a lot of quality at bats by the Astros.

The Astros have the ability to take the next step and go on a very good winning streak. I'm plus there are guys getting ready in the minors to contribute soon.

Again it was a quality win.

18. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I agree with you, but a 3 run lead for our closer should be enough, but i see your logic.

19. thesimp

thesimp Member

2 years n the past week!

We could use his bat heating up.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hopefully we can slow down the "make Giles the closer" train. Feliz and Harris have been better (even though Harris made me nervous pitching in the 9th). Luke should be on a short leash but it's still his job to lose.

If we could get Springer, Altuve, and Correa at the same time plus the occasional Valbuena, Rasmus, or Gattis hot hitting; wins will be easier to come by. It will also allow Hinch flexibility and not force Bregman up. I would like to see Reed though.