1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

BAHAHAHAHA that's all you have to say to my post ;) but ultimately you are right. A couple of other names to throw into the ring:

Dorrell Wright: Can't go wrong by picking him up for wing depth, will be cheap and is a good three point shooter.

Leandro Barbossa: has thrived under MDA in the past, I doubt the Warriors overpay to keep him. Could be an excellent spark plug off the bench.

Jamal Crawford: this won't thrill everyone, but if the price is right, why not bolster the bench as much as possible? Has another couple of years left in the tank. Hes a chucker but his creativity could be exceptional off the bench (with the right minutes).

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Actually I wanted to get all the names on this page

I like Crawford but anything longer than 2 seasons and i am skeptical
    Same with Barbosa

Durant is off the table

Horfort - If he wants the Max . . . I am unsure I pull the trigger
    he is good but i dunno about MAX Good.

I think I'd rather give Conley the Max than Horfort

Conley - Bazemore - Dudley -- how much would this cost?

On the Cheap I'd take Noah
    Whiteside scares me . . .. smells of the Laker Guy who hurt himself bowling

Rocket River

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Yes!!!!

Let's build around Barnes and whiteside!!!!!

Trade Harden!!!!! We'll def attract top FAs and battle for that 10th seed.

....... Oh wait, only 8 teams make the playoffs.....

Smh

You guys kill me with this trade Harden stuff. The guys down year produced 29/7/6 the year before he was an mvp performer leading us to a top 3 record in the entire NBA.

Do some of you even watch basketball?

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I can answer that on his behalf.

= NO.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Alot of those free agents are going to be resigned by there respective teams. It going to be hard to pull them away, pack there house and belonging up, just to watch harden dribble out the ball and pass it to dekker for a air ball.

6. chandlerbang21

You plan on running the coach's offense will that slow ass teen? And the bench is straight trash

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I disagree on Anderson. I've watched him a lot and he's got a nice post up game, and I think he's a very capable rebounder. Have to agree about his defense though.

O just think Taj would thrive as the role man in MDA's offense. Which would allow for Al to play that stretch role.

8. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Sure do bud.

We need leaders. Harden won't get us there.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Fournier/Bev or ??
    Harden/KJ
    Batum/??/Dekker
    Horford/Beasley/Harrell
    Capela/DMO

Not the perfect end goal but would definitely get us playing competitive basketball.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Like you as a fan know sh#t about Harden or any other player. You pass judgment on a guy through your inside knowledge of TMZ segments.

11. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

I have opinions like everyone else.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Your opinion that Barnes and whiteside combined are bigger leaders than harden is total bull

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not everyone's are so terrible though

14. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Good one, sport.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, he has that one leg step back like Nowitzki, but is as efficient as Dirk? I think not, that's just not a good shot if not taken by an elite player like Dirk or LMA...he also shoot a lot of bad 3s, probably that's why his % is not that good for someone known to be a shooter so, we're talking about a shooter or a chucker here? That's the big question, and the answer i give myself (from what i saw) is we're talking about a chucker -> who's going to cost a lot, too much anyway.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's got more than the Dirk shot. He has a go to move where he faces up, dribbles left, then spins right. When I watched him, he was pretty consistent with that. I feel like maybe you just watched some games where he didn't play well. Ive never noticed a habit of taking bad shots with Anderson.

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Move Harden to PG, bring Lee in, shift DMo to C, and sign a stretch 4 (Marvin Williams, Mirza Teletovic, Ryan Anderson). Sign shooters for the bench (Dudley, Barbosa, Gerald Green).

I'm not opposed to Horford, and I think an Anderson-Horford offseason would be great if we can even afford them both, but for the number of holes we will need to fill Horford's simply too expensive. I also don't think he'll seriously consider Houston - Boston seems like a perfect fit.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I've not watched him a lot (not as much as you i guess) this year, probably a dozen of games at best, but between this season and the past i saw him enough to get an idea of him and yeah, i'm not a fan, i saw him taking too many bad shots, like he is some kind of go to guy...i mean, he can obviously shoot, but i don't see him as a smart shooter to be honest, and it's not like he's a sniper, his % are not that good for a player known as a shooter, and that is also shown by his stats...add that he's an ok rebounder at best and a terrible defender...yeah, he's not worth what he's going to get, and i don't see the reason why we should go after him when for less money we can have 3 players (D.Mo, Beasley, Trez) or even play Ariza at the 4...

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, we certainly need a 4, but also a rebounder and shot blocker so, you just cannot play Horford and Anderson, this way you're going to get killed on the paint. Capela is a good rebounder and shot blocker though, and since he's very cheap, i think we'll be ok in paying Horford to play next to him. Personally i would also look if there's a chance to sign both Whiteside and Horford, but that's another story.

20. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

It's time Houston fans get off the perennial mouse wheel they've been on for years.

Rebuilding is highly advisable. Chasing big name free agents isn't always the answer.