1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Conley wants to play with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #CTCJET, May 5, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Courtney Lee definitely would be a good role player signing for the Rockets at the right price point. Certainly the character type that would help this team.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd be glad to get Conley but given his injury history, and matching a PG with Harden, wouldn't it make more sense to aim for Oladipo....not a pure PG, to be sure, but much younger, more athletic, LESS EXPENSIVE, plays D, could slide between the 1 and the 2....

I won't even mention fishing for Llull again. Whoops, just did. But that boat has probably sailed.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Knicks (need a triangle fit)
    Nets
    Rockets (need one with good defence and can also play off ball)
    Kings
    Grizzlies
    76ers
    Bucks (need one who can also play off ball)

So its 7.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Even if this true, I bet Conley comes here and starts playing the worst basketball of his career. We seem to have that effect on some players

5. en455

en455 Member

No way this is legit.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Conley but doubt it. Beverley remains in place. <a href="https://t.co/gssDHZ07jz">https://t.co/gssDHZ07jz</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/734958554021388289">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Beverly and Conley with both be in suits on the Rockets bench while Harden remains the PG/SG/SF combo on the court.

8. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

The Rockets have more of a chance of signing Conely if we hire Silas/Hollins.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Lee and Jared Dudley should both be at the top of Morey's FA role player list. They should look to sign them both.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

But are they on Les' list? :eek:

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which would mean: Sit tight, we want to talk to more free agents....WHOOPS!, on to the next guy, I guess.

Not to pile on the frustration level, but Les doesn't seem to grasp the concept, "He who hesitates..." Unless it's a top-flight free agent (sells tickets, sells jerseys). Who'll sign elsewhere anyway.

Conley..........I wouldn't complain if we got him. Watkins says Beverly is entrenched or whatever word he used but he's just as likely to be traded as anyone.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would love to have Lee back on this team. He's not the great defender he used to be but he's still very good.

13. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

No real point guard will want to play with a harden....only Mcfail and Morey will be foolish enough to trust the team and future with his style of playing. No one worth any good will want to come here and play with Harden.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not sure what "Bev remains in place" has to do with Conley being a potential target.

Conley should be one of the first FA targets, IMO. I also really like the possibility of a Silas/Hollins pairing - if that's the direction the team goes with, I like the possibility of Conley choosing the Rockets.

Ideally, i'd like the Rockets to make a run at Conley, Horford and Batum, but i highly doubt it would work with the salary cap unless Dwight opts out, and they're able to somehow get rid of Ariza and Brewer, and not offer Qualifying Offers to D-Mo and TJones

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I honestly don't think Conley is the right allocation of assets and salary cap space. I love him as a player, but to give him a max at the price it would cost under he new cap increase, combined with his age and recent injury history I believe it would be a bad decision.

I think bev and another average pg is good enough next to harden as long as they play defense. Honestly I wouldn't mind signing delledova and having him and bev split and constantly pester.

I think the glaring need on this team is the 4 spot. Horford of course is the top dog, but other guys are out there to be had cheaper as well. Someone like Marvin Williams.

Honestly the way money will be thrown around I think it may be in our best interest to try and sign valuable contracts and/or trade pieces that contain flexibility. Do 2 year contracts like Millsap had got and Bass. And get some quality role players on team friendly flexible contracts and focus more on next year where not as many teams will have cap space to throw around like crazy.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not sure where this narrative comes from. Ty not panning out shouldnt be on Harden. Ty not panning out is on Ty.

He talked a big game when he came to Houston and didnt do jack. He talked a big game when he signed with Indy and didnt do crap.

Is it Paul George's fault that Ty sucked in Indy? Will no PG wanna play with George because Ty sucked?

17. Fantasma Negro

Calvin Watkins is not an insider, he's barely a beat writer. I'd take all roster information from him with a grain of salt, if I took it at all

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Beasley needs more minutes on the court, and compliments Capella the best. Beasley can score from anywhere on the court.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

an upgrade is very much needed in the backcourt. the league has become a guards league and its been that way for quite some time now. of course this is very much dependent on how the team is built but as far as this team and the lack of versatility all around it has at the moment, the guard spot next to harden has to improve tremendously if you want to compete with the best. average guys like beverley who are limited in many areas just won't do it in the end.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member