1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

This would be the perfect time for Curry to show his Alpha-ness and leadership by taking responsibility and take that 1 game suspension.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I bet we find out the punishment around 5/6pm EST.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

nbatv has been replaying the conference finals games quite a bit, sometimes more than once during the same day.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Steve Kerr sure is doing a 180, last week he said next day review was like throwing the refs under the bus, now he wants them to rescind the flagrant.

Warriors are in trouble, Green has to be suspended, it would be a ridiculous double standard if he is not.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

At first I was surprised so many major media types sided with Green.

But the reality is these journalists all have direct contact with Green through interviews. No one wants to call him out because they'll face him eventually. But no one cares about calling out Dahntay Jones because no one talks to him anyways.

Their jobs are more tied with getting quotes from Green, Jones...not so much.

7. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Um...Draymond? <a href="https://t.co/tELQQPlLAy">pic.twitter.com/tELQQPlLAy</a></p>&mdash; Jacoby (@djacoby) <a href="https://twitter.com/djacoby/status/724348591049871360">April 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he is out, gotta teach that idiot a lesson.

DD

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Follow through seems to be Draymond go to move when losing the ball.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BTW, lets get this straight, if Draymond gets suspended (which he should) it is not the league that is penalizing Draymond. It is DRAYMOND that is penalizing Draymond. He did it to himself and his team. It's on Draymond.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Whether Green gets suspended or not, OKC probably wins the next game and GSW probably go on to win next three and eliminate the Thunder.

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I'll admit that I have not watched any of the playoffs ever since the Rockets go eliminated. I have seen bits and pieces of the OKC-GSW games however and you make some very good observations on the factors attributing to the OKC success against the Warriors.

From the little that I've seen in this series coupled with some of the insightful posts I've read, it appears to me that OKC just matches up really well against GSW. It's refreshing to FINALLY see the Warriors get tested.

Now I've read on here that even though OKC lost to GSW 3-0 during the regular season, that OKC actually played well enough to win all 3 games...is that accurate?

My question for you is has OKC always given GSW fits? or is it just something they "figured out" coming into this series?

13. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/PabloTorre">@PabloTorre</a> <a href="https://t.co/CB5PCgeaTc">pic.twitter.com/CB5PCgeaTc</a></p>&mdash; Rob McGinnis (@robmcginnis) <a href="https://twitter.com/robmcginnis/status/734798264751558656">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Draymond Green: &quot;Russell Westbrook kicked me at the end of the half. He just didn't happen to catch me where I had caught Steven Adams at.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/734788266814148609">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

15. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iEY57qEZUPB/embed/simple" width="400" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The damage control is actually pretty funny

how's that anything a like, Draymond undercut the shooter, everything was in motion.

The play was dead when Draymond randomly kicked Adams

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Adams was asking for it? I mean look at what he was wearing. Green couldn't control himself.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it wasn't. the play was still very much going on. The whistle didn't blow before this incident. people are just being extremely over dramatic here but with DG its understandable. a lot of it is just hate for him. Yeah its unfortunate where he got kicked but being malicious and intentional isn't something that makes sense here especially in the middle of the 2nd quarter during a close game.

19. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL <br>WALLAHI THIS'S GOLD <a href="https://t.co/yMa6AsJWeU">pic.twitter.com/yMa6AsJWeU</a></p>&mdash; GS9 (@BarcaChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaChief/status/734797554613944320">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Sorry DavidRocket, I really haven't been watching the regular season as much as I normally do this year (mostly bc of the Rockets), so my observations are limited to the playoffs.

I feel like OKC has not always given GS fits, however, and it's more like they have "peaked" as others have said at the right time by playing with desperation (knowing that this is a 73 win GS team), and have fixed multiple issues during the playoffs.

Westbrook and Durant both know that this might be their last chance at establishing a legacy down in OKC, and you can see a ridiculous amount of heart being laid out on the floor in every game. Westbrook's one handed offensive rebound last game personified this mentality.

But really, you have never seen this Thunder team ever play up to their potential until this year. Scotty Brooks always made head-scratching Mchalesque decisions and we always saw the same repeats of KD iso, Westbrook iso year in and year out.

Donovan is supposedly known as an offensive genius, but what has surprised me is the defensive adjustments that are used to corral GS and SA. It's hard to describe, but their defense is perfect. I feel like Donovan figured out that the GS/SA weakness lies in their hockey pass mentality. When GS or SA throw the ball to the man for the hockey pass out of the double team, the rest of the team doesn't overreact and instead blitz the final guy who is underneath the basket. This puts the hockey passer in an uncomfortable position. He either takes the dreaded midrange shot or he drives it in. If he drives then he is met by someone under the basket. If he pitches then the offense lost precious time and is forced to hurry.

Anyways, this series is fascinating to watch and it will be interesting to see what Kerr comes up with to counter.