1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10001328&postcount=107

Reminder that our WR depth was garbage last year.

But keep trolling about how much Fuller sucks, you're obviously an expert.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Oh yeah, the annual off season debate that spills over into multiple threads, keeping them alive.

Wouldn't be post-draft season without it.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

This time last year we were deep in Andre Johnson head-on collision debates.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's really no debate part to it, like always it's just more of Mr. Clutch trolling, it's literally all he does.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Someone give Bobbythegreat milk and cookies.

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

I'll never understand how people can make snap judgements about players and declare automatic failure before one actual snap in a live NFL game that counts. If all Will Fuller does is be the Marvin Jones over the top threat for Brock, he's a great pick. Even if the other receivers available at his pick turn into Hopkins 2.0.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This pick was to draft a number two receiver.

More so, this pick was to take another man out of the box.

This pick was to make Lamar Miller's life easier.

This pick was to take a guy off Deandre Hopkins.

There is a bigger picture here than how many catches/touchdowns and drops that Will Fuller will have next year.

Come on Clutchfans.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not only that, but trolling and posting stupid videos. Don't like the pick ? Fine, but don't ruin the thread

Bottom line is he was picked in the late first round, about the same as where Doctson was expected to go. We didn't have a top 10 pick, anyone taken in the 20s was gonna have some flaw.

And Fuller has an legit elite skill- speed and the ability to create separation

1 person likes this.
  10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every player drafted has their own flaws no matter where they are selected.

On Fuller I agree with you 100.

Now you know Bobby is going to be Bobby.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you were worried about ruined threads, you'd never post. Trying to ruin threads is about all you do. You could have just left it alone and let it be nothing but a funny video, instead you went into full troll mode and derped up the thread. Just stop being you and everything will be fine.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Spot on.

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Although, some people would refuse this logic with all of their might; Fuller can have games where he doesn't even catch a pass, yet technically still have more of an impact for the Texans than Doctson or Treadwell have for their teams.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fuller...hasn't played a game in the NFL and sucks.
    Mallett...has continually showed he sucks on the field, but yet he is still good.

interesting logic.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Exactly.

Any particular play-call is not simply designed for player X to score... its designed for the Texans to score.

Fuller being a deep threat, and taking up a corner with safety help, opens things up underneath or over the middle. And if the defense wants to ignore him, he can continue to body-catch deep routes and score TD's in bunches like he has been.

Still need to ensure the O-line is shored up enough to allow the deep routes to develop. If that isn't working, none of this will work with regularity.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It gets better when you look back and realize that to him, Mallett "sucked", much like Fuller sucks, when the Texans first acquired him and he had never seen any real game-action (was just going off the usual reports regarding his issues).

Things changed pretty quickly in that regard... safe to say that if Fuller makes an initial good impression, that will have him changing tunes (flip-flopping) pretty quickly, even if he eventually turns out to be a bust.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans Tidbit. <br>Will Fuller will have Fuller V on the back of his jersey. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/734103372354048000">May 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/PhilHecken">@PhilHecken</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/UniWatch">@uniwatch</a> Will Fuller with a V on his NOB. First one I've ever seen. <a href="https://t.co/PiuLwuxbyg">pic.twitter.com/PiuLwuxbyg</a></p>&mdash; Casey McHugh (@notthefakeCasey) <a href="https://twitter.com/notthefakeCasey/status/734549613533859840">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be even more interesting if you were adequately following along and realized that you guys are arguing with a straw man....but that's too much to ask.

I never actually said Mallett "sucked", I pointed out his flaws such as accuracy problems and him being a head case and a bit of a moron and said I wasn't big on trading for him, but the team did anyway. As time went on it became clear that despite his flaws, he was better than Hoyer who was completely worthless, so I suggested Mallett play over Hoyer.....and people blew that up into meaning more than it did. I know, I just have to accept the flaws of lesser people and move on.

When it comes to Fuller, I'm not saying he "sucks" either, I only ever pointed out his flaws such as his short arms, small hands, and lack of solid catching fundamentals all things that can haunt WR's at the NFL level. Will he overcome those flaws? Maybe, but it's certainly not a given. What's ridiculous here is that some are just assuming that he'll learn how to catch properly and that he'll work out great just because the Texans drafted him. Sorry, can't do that. That said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and reserve final judgment on him until he starts playing games for the Texans much like I do for everyone. If he overcomes those flaws I'll be thrilled......and I'm sure that'll make me a "flip flopper" in the minds of lesser people, but I'll just have to accept them for their shortcomings and move on.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Fuller "Vagina" ?

Just getting ready for what ppl may call him if he doesn't produce.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">She left that boi and ride with me </p>&mdash; Will Fuller V (@Will_Fuller7) <a href="https://twitter.com/Will_Fuller7/status/734413427519561728">May 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. conquistador#11

any exercises to grow your fingers?
    thanx in advanced.