1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That would require competent teammates. Dwight had brain dead idiots playing with him. The likes that would never anticipate. Never get him the ball in spots. Always bouncing passes off his ankles. Always allowing their man to blow past them into the lane getting Dwight into foul trouble.

It was 100% a schematic failure and Dwight has a legit beef when Brewer, Ariza, Terry, etc... etc... are bricking shots at a historic pace.

Dwight was not the problem, he just quit like everyone else up to and including the GM and owner did. They should have never made the playoffs and there would have been some sort of optimism instead of this garbage ass soap opera.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end, he's the one who refuses to play the pick & roll, he did this for all his career, he wants to play in the post even if he sucks, that's just a guy with no real interest in win. Or maybe he does but he's just too much immature to understand what it takes.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hard to go along with Dwight's point of view because he's done the exact same thing EVERY place he has played. It's never his fault, it's everyone else. The guy has been in the league since 2004 and still doesn't have a go to post move, still doesn't have a faceup game and still can't make a respectable percentage of his free throws. Yet he wanders why his teammates are reluctant to rely on him to score?

1 person likes this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I agree.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This reads like some one with a HUGE comprehension problem. He wants POST touches. Meaning back to the basket passes. He can barely catch a pass now because of his back. He is not a good passer from the post. When he does finally get the ball in his hands you can simply foul him. If I were the opposing coach I would love if the ball ran through Dwight. I would wait to see if he makes a couple in a row. If not we're good give him light coverage all night stop the out of post passes and get the rebound. If he's actually hitting the shots (rare) I would foul him every shot making sure to make it look like I was going for the ball. Bam game out blow out win.

This isn't a conspiracy against Dwight Howard. He's not good in the post and refuses to set picks and screens. Dwight wants back to the basket touches ala Hakeem and it's ruining his career. No one is saying he can't be effective just that he can't be effective in the way he WANTS to play.

6. houtown

houtown Member

Listen, there is no excuse for Dwight and his lack of effort on the court, but for Morey to claim that is not your style of play, when he is supposedly one of your cornerstones, is a a little off putting at the moment.

As Jason Terry was alluding to during an interview, get a coach who could put in the structure to utilize your big men on the court. There is no excuse for hiring coaches that play at an simplistic up and down tempo when your personnel does not fit that style of play on the court.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Our personel fit that style, a year ago was the same personel. The problem is that if all the team runs and moves the ball the results are good, if someone clogs the paint without setting screens, without moving the ball decently when he gets it...you know...

The argument about coaches not smart enough to use Dwight properly is just laugable at this point, even a ballboy knows that Dwight can be a beast in some specific plays but he sucks in others. The problem (again) is that he's the one who refuses to play what he should play, he had the same attitude in Orlando which led to the sacking of SVG, same in LA, same here...you can hire the best coach ever and Dwight would still cry, because even the best coach ever would not give him as many post touches he wants.

8. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Dwight leaves every city/team on a bad note. I'm sure players around the league don't care about what Dwight has to say.

9. BackdoorHarden

What a head case! It's always someone's fault

Orlando: It wasn't my fault. SVG lose the team. Teammates suck

Lakers: Kobe is a bad person

Rockets: They didn't give me the ball. I'm not a scrub that is there just for defense and rebound

IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE'S FAULT With Dwight
    [​IMG]

10. BackdoorHarden

Exactly. All his teammates talk crap about him

Orlando: We hate him

Lakers: He's soft

His Ex-Teammates have nothing nice to say about him. Rockets teammates will do the same after he's gone

11. BackdoorHarden

The same roster, with the same up and down tempo took this team to the WCF prior to this year.

The only different between the WCF team and this year team is a healthy Dwight and a hurt DMO.

BUT NO, Just like DWIGHT. IT'S ALWAYS someone's else fault. It wasn't Dwight. Somehow , it's Harden's fault

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Even with Dwight admitting he didn't play, he quit (Which explains why his defensive numbers are the worst of his career) defense and with it being our biggest problem and still they find a way to not blame him, lol. It's amazing and I think when Dwight lies he knows at least a few idiots will believe him no matter how many former and current teammates, coaches, media, etc. come forward and say the exact opposite of what he's saying.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've never read where he stated he wanted back to the basket touches all the time. What I've read and what I watch is what I see. I've watched, even in playoffs is him sealing his man and not receiving the ball right by the rim. All big guys want to touch the ball and be involved. I've watched the Rockets since 78 and the last few years have been the least I've watched the rockets. Why? I dont like the way they play with the iso ball. Lots and lots of it. There are possessions where its 1 or 2 passes before a shot. As a big guy, they need to touch the ball. Even if its for a ball reversal, they need touches as I've stated earlier. Nowhere in this thread have I laid blame. Dwight will never be a 20ppg 14 rebs guy. Age,injuries, and assorted things causes that. Could he be 15ppg 13 rebs? Yeah, which is still very good. The only way you get that kind of energy and efforr is when they're involved in the game.

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I guess denial is all you Dwight die hards have left, I'm not going to take it from you, lol. I'll let you continue in your delusion.

15. BackdoorHarden

Get him involved? Why? He has no skills.

HE'S A HORRIBLE PASS

HORRIBLE HANDS

HORRIBLE POST GAME

BASICALLY THIS GUY HAS NO SKILLZZZ.

He's not Gasol, Bogut, Noah, or any decent center that you let your center makes play.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Terry implied today that Dwight wanted the ball in the block over pnr

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm pretty disappointed that Dwight is crop dusting on another franchise on his way out because of his feelings.

And yet again it has to do with him wanting to be a focal point on the offensive end instead of playing to his strengths.

18. DreamEarlNolan

If Dwight would commit to the pick and roll, crash the offensive boards, and run the floor he could average 20 and 14 easy. Unfortunately he doesn't want to do that.

19. BackdoorHarden

EXACTLY.

Drummonds averaged 16 points and 15 rebounds and he also has no skills and Piston don't run plays for him. But he's commited to pnr, crashing the board, and running the floor and is considered one of the best center in the game now.

Meanwhile, Dwight blames people for his lack of skills. Blame Orland, Blames Lakers, and now Blames Houston.

STOP THE BLAMING DUDE

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Wasnt it only 2 years ago when this guy was carrying this team in that Portland series that ended with the Lillard 3?

He's actually not that much different than Harden. They want to win but with them as a focal point. Probably why JVG didn't even get an interview.