1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: JVG finalist for Rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 16, 2016.

1. basketballholic

Lol. Same old same old. I have 1000 times as many friends as enemies.

I was serious about the Terrence question. I'd love to know what he'd say about Terrence now.

2. basketballholic

Because you use them incorrectly. Next?

3. basketballholic

All I did was mention that I knew about this yesterday thanks to one of the real insiders here. It upsets them. Apparently they aren't on this fellow posters list. But I guarantee you I'm not the only poster here on his list and I'd never betray his confidence. And there's more to the story than what has been mentioned here. But I'll leave it to others to tell it. I may comment on it if I see them post it though.

I'm confident JVG will be a better offensive coach. And I feel good about them hiring him. He's a great leader. And he's great with the media.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yesterday? That's it? I knew weeks ago.

5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

or y'all can just wait for the rockets to hire a coach and use those big ol' brains for more important things in the meantime

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Doubtful.

I'm sure you were and I'm sure you would. You're also the last person on earth (after even DD) I'd share confidential info with. That's if I even had the answer to this question which I don't.

1 person likes this.
  7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Must be summer when Terrence Jones discussions come back out of the uglies.

1 person likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Please tell me this was an attempt at humor, since aelliot is, and has been for many years, one the most knowledgable posters on this forum.

As for Batman's relationship with Daryl Morey, he probably regrets mentioning it. We all have lives outside of this BBS that most of us rarely speak of, and then in terms as vague as possible. If he were to break a confidence? That relationship, one he values, would likely come to an end.

1 person likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes would be on my list here.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sadly, I don't think Los Pollos Hermanos was joking. aelliott is a legend on this forum. That post (including the your/you're mistake) tells you all you ever need to know about True Beaner.

And I might have had (unnecessary) arguments with Batman Jones way in the past, but I sure am glad he is back.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said!

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm asking a serious question. I don't follow his posts at all. I usually just try to avoid his posts because he always seems to be arguing with someone and derailing threads but if he's legit I would sencerely like to know what insider info he's been proven right on.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Honestly.. who really cares about if a poster is an insider or not? I really do appreciate the known insiders such as Codman and Cyberx because they actually post the stuff they are willing to share and never try to do anything else but help the posters of this board, but I'd still appreciate them just as much the same if they didn't post any "inside" stuff because they don't come off as insufferable know-it-alls and are genuinely good posters. Basketballholic could very well have a strong connection with another insider on this board, and that's fantastic news for him that he has a nice connection to the Rockets. I just don't see the point of bragging(or letting everyone know) about it. I also don't see the point of trying to reveal him as a hoax either. It doesn't add to the conversation, and it's pointless. This is a thread about JVG being reported as a finalist for the head coaching job (which has been speculated since the season pretty much ended weeks ago so it could honestly be a random person on twitter taking a gamble...) It's not about this dude. Stop making posts about whether someone is a good poster, credible or not. No one wants to read about it.

If you have some actual news or inside stuff about JVG or the Rockets coaching job then please let us know, but if it's just a post of you bragging about knowing something literally just a day before this thread was posted then it's almost a worthless post. Besides, the article and tweet source was posted a whole three days ago. It's old news.

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Get hyped!!

Houston 2003–04 | 5th in Midwest Lost in First Round
    Houston 2004–05 | 3rd in Southwest Lost in First Round
    Houston 2005–06 | 5th in Southwest Missed Playoffs
    Houston 2006–07 | 3rd in Southwest Lost in First Round

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Please get this done ASAP.

The slow efficiency of Rockets working make me mad...

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Some people pick the strangest targets to pick on. aelliott is the original capologist on this web site and consistently gives quality stuff when he posts. And for someone to claim their source (or lack thereof) is better than the man at the top (Daryl Morey) is beyond asinine.

I have to admit I was more than a little shocked to see the chicken brother take a shot at aelliott. Not shocked to see that Jopat who has consistently posted one lie after another on this board take shots at legit quality posters though.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Disappointed that Shaka Smart is not considered a serious candidate.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sam Cassell or BUST!

Rocket River

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WOW... Just look at the Rockets lineup....PATHETIC!!!!
    How could this awful lineup go into playoffs???
    How could they fight with Mavs or Jazz in 7 games??? Amazing....
    What a bunch of scrubs....

42 Vin Baker C
    12 Andre Barrett PG
    20 Jon Barry SG
    40 Ryan Bowen SF
    32 Torraye Braggs PF
    4 Reece Gaines PG
    5 Juwan Howard PF
    21 Jim Jackson SF
    13 Mike James PG
    10 Brandin Knight PG
    10 Tyronn Lue PG
    1 Tracy McGrady SF
    11 Yao Ming C
    55 Dikembe Mutombo C
    9 Bostjan Nachbar SF
    25 Moochie Norris PG
    35 Scott Padgett PF
    31 Rod Strickland PG
    3 Bob Sura PG
    2 Maurice Taylor PF
    17 Charlie Ward PG
    30 Clarence Weatherspoon
    7 David Wesley SG

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kobe is too much of an NBA legend to be an assistant. The only other 'legend' I can think of who was an assistant was Patrick Ewing and he isn't at Kobe's level of legend.

It's too beneath him.