1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only thing that seemed off about the direwolf was its fur color: very dark. But after Googling that's how dark Shaggydog's fur was.

[​IMG]

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing that doesn't make sense is that if it were just a double cross there would no reason to give them the girl too. She means nothing and Ramsay will never have even heard of her.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Seems kinda nitpicky, no? If nothing else, she's more recognizable than Ricon is to the viewers. Might have been for that purpose alone.

4. justtxyank

Maybe but my guess is that this is exactly what is appears to be at first blush.

Any double cross that would give Ramsay custody of the boy for even a minute is stupid because he has no reason not execute the kid. Or if he holds him and starts losing a battle he kid gets executed. You can't give Ramsay a hostage like that and just count on jk surviving.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Saw this on reddit and figured some of you might find it interesting..
    It's a recap on Robert's Rebellion, basically what sets some of these events in motion. Pretty good.

http://imgur.com/a/jfhjD

1 person likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think that's the stuff that makes the GRRM world feel very rich and deep and what makes the books so great. In fact, I'd say the achilles heal of the latter books is that the other regions, Dorne especially, don't have this sort of color and it makes you feel like GRRM doesn't have a very intimate knowledge of these people and places. Obviously, being a different medium, the show should not get into all that -- they need to be very focused on moving the plot as expeditiously as possible. But, a writer has more license to meander so long as he does it well. Which he does.

I have a hard time figuring out what Umber's plan could be, either straight-up or a double-cross. Being in possession of a Stark heir, I can't imagine the optimal play could be to hand him over to someone else.

7. dragician

dragician Member

So how long was Jon Snow dead?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Osha seemed oddly calm given the supposed circumstances.

Methinks Littlefinger is pulling strings.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I hope we do all realize that none of this is reality... correct? A lot of these nitpicks are pretty entertaining though in and of itself.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was entertaining... not every single aspect of the show needs to be about the advancement of all plots... (or does it?).

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There was like an entire episode with Tyrion, his w****, and Bron hanging out and drinking. It wasn't the whole show but it sure felt like it. I don't think the scene yesterday was all that well put together but there's always been some dead spots here and there.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahh. Littlefinger. Where is he right now?

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

The Eyrie most likely... the place where that kid wanted to see the bad man fly.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Writing for this season has dropped significantly since they lack source material from the books. Despite the magic and gods and all of that in the books, the world, characters and situations among the characters felt real. With this season, less so.

At this point I think HBO has a lot of content they gotta rush through and they're wasting it on scenes to show how clever Tyrion is yet again while waiting for Varys. I don't get the point of scenes like that when there's clearly a lot of material to cover that they haven't touched yet. We still haven't seen Baelish yet this season. Gendry has been rowing since Season 3. Stannis I assume is really dead like Berristan Selmy was abruptly killed but I'd at least like to see his dead body somewhere. Even flayed on the Bolton's land just for confirmation. The Dorne storyline is completely botched. I don't really care much for Ramsay as an antagonist to be honest. Whenever he runs into a difficult situation, he always gets his way. He only needed 20 good men to ruin Stannis army. Lose Sansa? Here's a free Stark that hasn't been seen in a few seasons.

I get that they're doing a buildup for his eventual demise but it's all been too easy for Ramsay IMO.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given his magical teleportation powers, he could be anywhere!

#675 JuanValdez, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  16. justtxyank

Was going to make this post

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Beric Dondarrion told Melisandre the same thing after Thoros of Myr had brought him back.

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

You might say that Jon Snow really does know nothing then.

[​IMG]

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Three or four story-lines need to be edited out altogether.

20. justtxyank

I know she is important but I don't care at all about Danny or her storyline at all.