1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Crud did make his move...OUT of the race!!! :p ;) :grin: :) :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[Educational Post]

MojoMan et al once again demonstrates his political savvy.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is his move:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">oh man the gif from <a href="https://twitter.com/WordsOfSarah">@wordsofsarah</a> is far worse <a href="https://t.co/JJFjSiO8jz">pic.twitter.com/JJFjSiO8jz</a></p>&mdash; Philip Bump (@pbump) <a href="https://twitter.com/pbump/status/727663501334958080">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

so it turns out that even if you work hard enough, serial killers can't become the President.

GOING TO BE SOME DISAPPOINTED PEOPLE IN THE ZODIAC LAIR

5. TheresTheDagger

Amber alert for Mojoman....

6. Buck Turgidson

Didn't our new dumbass Attorney General Paxton get indicted, or is he still in grand jury phase? "We" elected this clown. "We" elected all the other - Perry, Abbott, Patrick, Sid Miller, etc....

Sadly I don't have much faith in my fellow Texans. It depresses the **** out of me, as a college educated Willie-style hill country hippie redneck, but this State is chock full of r****ds. I don't know how it shifted so drastically in the past, what, 20 years?

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There abouts, yes. I've come to think our natural independent streak has resonated with the anti-government part of AM radio land, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

But once political affil. becomes a badge of honor people need in their communities, it's going to stick for a while.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vt35OqWNVYs?autoplay=1"& frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poor Ted.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Has their ever been such a short lived VP pick in history?

Seems like it was just yesterday Fiorina was just nominated :(

10. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pvv6Yb2aERs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So it appears that the reality TV star will win the nomination.

It is really disappointing to me and many others to witness the rapid disintegration of our politics and our heritage in recent years. People have speculated about the fall our country for some time now. No need to speculate any more. What greater proof could you want than the people of this country supporting the likes of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the nominees of the two major parties?

For quite a while now, many people have observed that this country is "going to hell". With the selection of these two as the major party nominees, and presumably one of them as the actual president of the United States, we have officially arrived, in case we were not there already. Prior to this, you could have made the case that the presidency of Barack Obama was a one-off mistake made by many Americans who were so infatuated with voting for a black person that his extreme character flaws were just overlooked on behalf of promoting this sort of a racist agenda. But with Trump and Clinton now the apparent nominees, it becomes obvious that these character flaws are at best irrelevant to much of the electorate and at worst have become something that are openly desired and celebrated in our political leaders.

Ted Cruz was effectively the last man standing to oppose this vile, bellowing, narcissistic buffoon out of what had been widely praised as the strongest field that the Republicans had put up in over 20 years. The rest bowed out earlier, many of them good men and women who were just not right for the times. Apparently Ted Cruz is not right for the times either. But he put up a fight that nobody else in a widely heralded 17 person field could match. He should be proud of his campaign. It was a disappointing end, but it was a very impressive effort.

Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Would you rather have ebola or late-stage AIDS? You must pick one, right? I will not do it. These candidates do not represent my political views and both of them are pathological liars, who cannot be trusted in any case. They really are. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And who the "lesser" of the evils is here I cannot even imagine trying to evaluate.

At some point when you cast a vote, you have to be able to do so and then get up and look at yourself in the mirror every day. If I voted for these two, I do not believe I would not feel comfortable doing it. There has to be some sort of minimum threshold, at least for me to be able to cast my vote for someone. As a result, I will not support either of these two candidates.

My, how far and how fast our country has fallen that our people would support the likes of these two as the finalists for the highest office in the land. Nobody made the American people choose these two. They did it themselves of their own free will. They voted for it. And what comes next, they have brought on themselves.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sad for Mojo.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I very honestly am too. I'm sad for all of us.

Cruz was in no way a politician I favored, but he didn't encourage violence. He didn't publicly flame hatred between peoples (even though, yes, you can argue some of his policies encouraged divisiveness). At least there was a coating of civility.

I fear for what comes next in this election. I know people will keep protesting Trump events, but now, you'll have the GOP establishment at least partially behind him. You could see mass violence the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1960's and early 1970's. :(

I don't agree with 100% of Mojo's post, by any stretch, but I agree with some of it, for sure.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OlDEzmSff3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I agree that we don't have an ideal selection of candidates for POTUS in this upcoming election. But you've got your comparisons slightly off. Let me help.

Transportation for traveling across the country: Walking or hitchhiking (Donald Trump) vs An older model well maintained Ford Taurus w/ working AC and heat (Hillary Clinton)

Food: 8hr old gas station hotdog on a molded bun (Trump) vs A freshly prepared hotdog from Sonic (Clinton)

Money: Having only $11.14 and needing it to last you for an entire week (Trump) vs Having only $111.14 and needing it to last you for an entire week (Clinton)

As you can see, none of the above options are optimal. However in each case, one option is clear superior than the other. In fact, that superior option (though not ideal) is enough to get by and be just fine. And, nonetheless, doing so with a level of comfort.

I hope this helped.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Trump > Cruz

Trump says dumb things, but Cruz is downright dangerous.