1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

good article. but i think the notion of Trump being dangerous is overblown. as warren buffet said, america is going to do fine with either Trump or with Hilary. on a separate note, as i researched on the author's background, i can't help but think i'd rather be Trump than him.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree to an extent. The rhetoric in our politics is so hyperbolic that every president is the "worst ever," the "most dangerous in a generation," etc. We have short memories and a shorter attention span.

For all of the fear-mongering that's been spread about President Obama, his eight years in office really show the limitations on the power of the presidency. If the office were a true unilateral dictatorship, the we would've had single-payer healthcare for years instead of Obamacare, Guantanamo would've been shut down already, etc. Instead, the checks and balances placed on the executive branch prevent the officeholder from enacting unchecked unilateral change. Even critics of President Obama, when they step back, have to admit this outside of a rhetorical vacuum. A President Trump would also be unable to enact anything he has campaigned on because Congress would not work with him.

That said, the danger of Trump is what he represents. I don't think anybody who isn't voting for him believes that he believes anything he's said so far. It's very clear that he's a carnival-barking sentient sweet potato who will say and do anything to further his own hubris.

What Trump represents is the seething majority of Republican voters who don't care about governing a country of 319 million people. They want a scorched earth government for certain kinds of people, by certain kinds of people. Basically, they're no longer interested in keeping the country going unless they reap its immediate rewards. They would rather elect a bigoted orangutan in a suit than see a Congress that seeks compromise on difficult issues.

So long as these voters are treated by the media like equal voices at the table, they will continue to support and elect representatives who have no actual intention of governing the US. This is an emotional response that I know to be wrong intellectually, but if the Republican party nominates Donald Trump as its candidate, they have functionally ceded their seat at the table and the majority of their voters should not be listened to anymore. The Republican party needs to stop pandering to the people who are voting for this man because they have no intention of doing anything other than watching the world burn.

Our founders feared the "rabble" and, right now, the rabble is pushing this country into uncharted waters.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Raphael Cruz Sr. hanging out with Lee Harvey Oswald in the 60's

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D1F_G5ku7KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bernie Sanders ended up in the same situation.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Disgusting.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the strangest obsessions I've seen on these boards. You've mentioned Sanders in connection with Oswald several times.

But there is no link or similarity there at all.

They didn't share the same politics. They didn't share the same ideology or believe in the same methods for change.

They weren't similar at all except in some strange part of your imagination that you keep trying to bring up here.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Who hates Trump? Bunch of illegals, thugs and hippies. More reason to vote for Trump.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Over 70% of the entire country hates Trump including somewhere around half of the Republican party. Unfortunately enough of the "Honey Boo-Boo" crowd came through for him so that means Hillary wins the presidential election in a cake walk.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

keep on voting it :cool:

Go Trump go!

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The anti Trump protesters are all illegals, thugs and hippies. MORE REASON TO VOTE FOR TRUMP.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all respect due, are you 14 years old? I'm being generous. Your posts read like you have to be 12, but I didn't want to insult your "intelligence."

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Stick a fork in the Republican primary process, though it'll be judicious watching GOPers either commit seppuku or kowtow to a narcissist w****.

Hopefully that process damages Trump even further in places like Florida. :cool:

Couldn't have asked for much better from the Dem side, from a probabilistic point of view. Time to crank out the Senate polls.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but he sounds like a typical Trump cultist. Those kinds of people seem like they are 12 years old no matter how old they actually are.

LOL, if I thought you actually supported Trump instead of just being a troll I'd enjoy laughing at you when your boy loses the most one sided presidential election in modern history.

Congratulations on your victory in the Fall.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Trump > Hillary

And I'm a bleeding liberal

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement from <a href="https://twitter.com/NeverTrumpPAC">@NeverTrumpPAC</a> <a href="https://t.co/NoFGIgeIqh">pic.twitter.com/NoFGIgeIqh</a></p>&mdash; Rory Cooper (@rorycooper) <a href="https://twitter.com/rorycooper/status/727637349564321796">May 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you square being a "bleeding liberal" and supporting a candidate who has said the things Donald Trump has said?

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Congrats to Hillary on winning the presidency.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well first of all, he's probably lying, there's a ton of people who fake support for Trump because they know a Trump nomination is the greatest thing ever for the Democratic party.

Secondly, Trump actually is a liberal and is the kind of candidate that uneducated, simple minded people would probably get behind so that's another possibility.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Hillary is a born and bred politican that couldn't care one bit about helping people. Helping Americans. Do I agree with Trump when it comes to immigrants? No, but I also don't agree with Hillary and her Wall Street interests either.

Pro and cons and Trump > Hillary. This country needs a reset and the end of the establishment candidate. I supported Bernie but Blacks and establishment hungry "liberals" made sure he wouldn't win so I'm going to the next closest thing, Trump.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump doesn't stand to do anything as president other than nominate conservative SC justices. Congress will likely shut him out worse than they did Obama. Clinton is the only sensible choice when you put her against Trump.