1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

and those girly hands arms and legs ended up in the green zone untouched more often than not..he's not the first....I imagine he'll add on a few pounds of muscle on top of it with the Texans

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It amazes me that we are wondering if we can teach a professional wide receiver how to catch. Of course we can, It's not like he's a db or qb switching to WR(like Braxton Miller). Armchair GM must stop with the early evaluations. :rolleyes: I remember some of you hating on the Hopkins pick. Just stop.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea that's another good point.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yet Hilton's hands are bigger than Fuller's by about a quarter of an inch. Fuller has super tiny hands for a WR. Doesn't mean he can't be good, but it's just a fact.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fuller, to me, doesn't scream home run like a Treadwell or Doctson but I will wait see how he does. Also Tyler Boyd , Caroo, Michael Thomas, Da'runnya Wilson are still out there. Wilson for his size could play some TE.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I got this thread SAVED and BOOKMARKED for this up and coming season so I can bring it back up so we can discuss the itty bitty hands when he's catching 20-60 yard bombs from Brock

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

How come so many people think that is ball skills are maxed out as a 22 year old? Do people consider that he may....I don't know....improve?

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why does he have to have big hands now? thought he caught 26 touchdowns in the last 2 season in college? Was he not using his small hands?

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

I think people are forgetting that this is late 1st round pick, not a lottery pick. The draft is so unpredictable that you can't expect the pick to be exactly like you envisioned. Texans were lucky that Hopkins is as good as he is, because he would probably picked #1 overall if they did that draft over again. If Will Fuller can take pressure off Hop, catch some bombs from time to time then fans can and should live with this pick.

10. Mattician

Mattician Member

I would be more concerned about his hands if he was the number one option, but he's not.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

We picked this guy in part because we missed out on Dorsett and Lockett last year; we traded up because with each of those guys were gone by the time we chose. With Dorsett we wanted to come back up in the first and take him but the Colts took him.

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

so number two options don't have to worry about catching?

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No!!! A whole quarter of an inch?

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Are you guys worried he has a super close relationship with Jaelen Strong?

Don't feel like seeing another WR get caught up in the partying / drug lifestyle.

But then again............... 90% of the NFL does what Strong did, they just don't get caught.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yep and I'd be more concerned if he didn't catch all those passes for touchdowns and ND as well

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry but that just reminds me of those who talked about Tebow's passing TD's in college when people questioned his ability at the NFL level to be a passer.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just because his friend sucks doesn't mean he does.

Harden gained 30 pounds but Durant didnt

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

No biggie no need to apologize as passing the ball on a rope and catching the ball are two completely different skill sets. If Tebow was a wide receiver or if Fuller was a QB that would be a better comparison but obviously they're not

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Catching the ball with your hands and being a body catcher are two different things too. Tebow had fundamental passing flaws, Fuller has fundamental flaws when it comes to how he tries to catch the ball. We'll see if he can work through them or if he'll always be limited by them.

Tiny hands and body catches are two pretty serious strikes against him.

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

All this talk about hands and nobody has made a size joke?

CF, y'all are slipping.