1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN / Watkins] Harden, Howard and Rockets face uncertainty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Apr 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If he did, he would take care of himself better. People just do a simple cop out with Harden's defense and just assume he is disinterested in defense but that's not entirely the case. He's just not a lean in shape NBA player with amazing cardio health. That is a requirement to be a two way player. Look at all the great two way players of all time such as Jordan, Pippen or Kobe. All of them were in peak physical shape.

2. fchowd0311

I wouldn't be surprised by age 30 Harden turns into a Zack Randloph/Bozni Wells gelatinous blob unless the dude has an entire paradigm shift in his work ethic.

I'm sorry but Harden's career curve is more akin to Melo/T-Mac than Wade/Kobe/Lebron etc.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The fact that you take time to comment on every thread about Harden on how Harden is fat and out of shape makes me chuckle.

You talk about Harden like you could be him, why don't put away that degree in Mech E and join the rockets then?

4. fchowd0311

Well, turn back the clock and we can play the genetics game with who my mom chose to have a child with so I can grow up to be 6' 5".

This is just **** deflection. Amazing that a fan who DOESN'T GET PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO TOSS A BALL AROUND is apparently in no position to criticize someone who does receive millions of dollars to be in elite level condition.

It's like movie actors who have perfect bodies. Yes, pay me millions, I will magically have the motivation to be in elite level shape. Then again, I'm sure I can out hike Harden. Probably could out run him back in my Marine infantry days. Do you want me to compare my wage as a Marine to Harden as a NBA player? Ya, somehow I was able to find that motivation within me to be in great shape with roughly 1.8% of his salary. So why don't you go **** yourself and stop nuthugging people who get paid millions and still lack the motivation to take care of themselves WHEN IT"S PART OF THEIR ****ING JOB.

This fascination to defend this type of behavior of individuals who get payed 400 fold the salary of us who couldn't give two ****s about us is truly mind boggling. Be your own ****ing man. I don't consider myself less of a human as Harden just because he is an NBA player. You need to have a serious paradigm shift.

I'm a fan of the sport but I'll never worship and place players who are just other humans on a pedestal as if they are superior beings that need to be defended by 'unfair criticism'.

#124 fchowd0311, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Not sure why it infuriates you. It isn't that unheard of and Harden isn't the only one on the team doing it. Kobe did it for years, and Ariza has done it off and on this season. Harden is getting there EARLY. Also Harden isn't the only one that doesn't wait for the metal detector. Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen didn't wait while on the Celtics. I wouldn't dwell on that part.

1 person likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's pretty clear Dwight has been the cancer all year. Everyday more and more evidence points to that. No matter whether you back Harden or Dwight this year if you don't think Dwight Howard is a cancer and that all the things people were screaming about him before he got here are true then you are either in denial or a little slow. Dwight says everyone has their own agenda and when you look back at his last three stops he was always the guy with the agenda. Instead of shutting up and playing the earth and the moon has to be moved for Dwight and if you don't do that then it puts him in a mood and he won't play for you. He sounds like a spoiled baby.

2 people like this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

fukin Calvin Harris always writing bull**** about the Rockets

[​IMG]

8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Portland would be a great fit... all that shooting and Dwight is miles ahead of what they have manning the 5.

Charlotte prides themselves on defense, rebounding and teamwork and again Dwight is better than what they have at the 5.

Milwaukee was a top defense team 2 years ago it all went to **** with basically the same roster minus Dwight will bring back the length they need at 5. They will return to a top 3 defense with Dwight.

Orlando doesn't make sense and should be swapped with Dallas.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMAO

This is truly the only thing fchowd0311 posts about. Literally the only thing. It's amazing.

10. fchowd0311

Even if that was the case, how does that detract from the validity of the statement?

Maybe if I posted SEVENTEEN POSTS A DAY, I would have more time to diversify my commentary.

I'm curious. I think I sometimes waste too much time on the BBS. How do you not feel the same?

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I will say this...Howard, with an aggressive rehab, could probably turn back time some...that was my hope all this time and now I worry he'll leave and finally get that elsewhere. I dont know if it's a matter of having a different medical staff or if it's he who has to commit more time, especially in the summer..but maybe a different coach or mentor can get through to him....maybe MJ?

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Game threads bruh

As in...I don't come on to the BBS to say the same thing a million times. I like to...you know...comment on the actual games and the team at large. Not just say the same thing a million times about one player.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets left the Bay Area today to fly home and launch a busy offseason that goes beyond a coaching search headlined by Jeff Van Gundy.</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725757742573449217">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A long summer with lots to contemplate awaits James Harden, who remains a brilliant individual force offensively but must be a better leader</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725758225488834560">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say Harden, for example, frequently skips the team bus to road games, not just in this series as reported by our Calvin Watkins</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725759101691518978">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The optics are bad for a team leader not to ride with his teammates whatever Harden's reasons are. It's likewise on Houston for allowing it.</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725759960416555008">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Roster changes and a coaching change loom in Houston, but the Rockets need a culture change too. Harden's too good not to set a better tone</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725760946509996032">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

#133 J.R., Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You just know Dallas Stein is revelling in tweeting about Houston misery.

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ridiculous stat: Dwight Howard only used 91 poss as P&amp;R roll man this season. That's fewer than Cole Aldrich and Thomas Robinson.</p>&mdash; Bobby Karalla (@bobbykaralla) <a href="https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/725731599657000960">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TIL I learned Thomas Robinson is still in the NBA.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Never forget:

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As for Dwight Howard, don't forget that it's his option -- not the team's -- whether he stays or goes this... <a href="https://t.co/uP9DIhNouY">https://t.co/uP9DIhNouY</a></p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725766157823676417">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with Stein's tweets.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Harden taking the team bus from the hotel or taking a cab makes very little difference. The trip is usually very short, and a number of players take a cab to the arena for various reasons. Harden takes a cab to get there EARLY to begin his pregame procedure.

If you want to rip Harden, there are plenty of things to rip him about; but this isn't one.