1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I've been considering getting Gasol as a way to perhaps lure baby Gasol over here. Hispanic community is huge here, moreso than chicago/memphis. If thats the case, I think you go hard for Conley+Pau. Horford would be good too in this case. Thats probably a lot of money so there would have to be some moves made. Though I do not know what the Gasols think about Harden as a player. I also don't know if they truly want to play together or if thats just what people say.

Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    PGasol(Horford/PGasol)
    Horford(MGasol)

I think running Horford at the 4 would be decent, especially if you could pull off the 2 year plan to snag Mark Gasol. I would love to get Ibaka instead for that commanding defensive presence, but Al and Serge put up very similar numbers so it could work out well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...m=1&p1=ibakase01&p2=horfoal01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

>Edit< Okay cancel this. I thought that Conley and Gasol had signed similar contracts to play together but Gasol actually just signed and is booked until 2019 lol We dont have that long to have Harden playing his best ball.

#3761 kwakmeister, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. verysimplejason

It's time to hit the reset button. Harden isn't the answer.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I feel with how the Hornets season is about to end and with the so called injury of Batum the chances of him leaving have gone much up.

Much better use of our money than maxing out Barnes.
    Barnes will get paid around 22 per and Batum will get paid around 26-27 per.
    And imo much more gettable than Durant and Horford.

4. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Batum is more gettable than Durant when you pay him the same amount as Durant...

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Overall i have the felling that we sign Durant AND Horford or we miss them both...that said, i like Batum a lot and i think he's better than Barnes, but do you trust him at this point? He has been injured a lot in those past two years, and i'm not sure he's that solid mentally, especially after a new contract, eh...what do you think?

6. malakas

malakas Member

Superstars are underpaid because of the max contracts. So yes right now durant horford batum derozan and conley will all get the same money. A max for a 7-9 year vet.

That doesnt make Batum more gettable for us because there will be multiple teams offering him that money.
    What may make him more gettable is him wanting to leave Charlotte even though he had a great regular season and the Hornets can give hin the most money and years.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I didn't quote the entire post. But, I think there is a decent chance Harden gets traded. This would be the time to trade him and get the most in return. If we can't coax any big time free agents to join Harden this summer, then the Rockets may feel that Harden isn't the type of player that other star players want to play with. If that's the case, then I can see the Rockets looking to trade Harden.

I'm not saying the Rockets would give away Harden for little in return. I'm saying they might consider trading Harden if they can get a great haul of talent in return. The one thing that can't happen is for the Rockets to just let Harden walk in two years. If we can't hit the free agent jackpot this summer, I will be very nervous.

8. Ryris

Ryris Member

I like connley next to harden. He's great defender and has several offensive abilities to compliment harden; can play off ball, can hit the three, I'm not positive but I don't think he is too turnover prone, he can set up an actual offense and run it especially when harden is sitting.
    I think he should be a target in the offseason as well as a probable swing and miss on durant, but damn would I like connley harden durant together.

9. Ryris

Ryris Member

Pau would compliment harden imo as well don't know how much he will be asking to be paid or if he has decided to play in Memphis already

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How much caproom will Houston have if:

1. Howard Opts out
    2. We don't bring back Jones, DMo, Smith, and Terry?

$30 million?

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It could happen...
    Pat and Sergio
    Harden and McDaniels
    Ariza and ?
    Beasley and D Mo on a good contract
    A knife fighter and Capela

12. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Let us hope not

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Corey Brewer- Owed $7.6 mil next year. MUST TRADE! Sewer cannot be on this team next year.
    Sewer cannot be on this team next year.Sewer cannot be on this team next year.Sewer cannot be on this team next year.

Trevor Ariza - Owed $7.8 mil. Not the same Trevor. Useful but could trade. Especially if we are
    swinging for the fences with Durant as our new superstar starting SF. Trevor could be a good bench piece, daresay
    next year's Brewer.

Patrick Beverley - Owed $6 mil. PG upgrade a huge need. Could still be here next year as back up. But only that.
    We need something new (DAMMIT) for a starting PG.

KJ McDaniels - Owed $3.3 mil. S#&T or get off the Pot, Rockets Brass. Trade asset or bench piece? I dont care but if
    he is here next year then you better use him.

Terrence Jones - No qualifying offer offered. Bye

Donatas Motiejunas - Try to keep. Make an offer.

Sam Dekker - Trade asset. Owed $1.7 mil. Disgusts me if he is around next year chilling on the bench making more than Beasley.

Josh Smith - Later dude. Thanks for the memories

Jason Terry - Later dude. Thanks for the memories

Clint Capela - Pick up Team Option. Owed $1.3 mil. Keep him.

Montrezl Harrell - Owed $1 mil. Keep.

Michael Beasley - Pick up Team Option. Owed $1.4 mil. Keep. 6th man, instant offense off bench.

Andrew GOudeleock - Owed $1 mil. Trade asset.

Try for Durant.

Durant - $24.9 Mil.

Morey says we are poised to go after an additional max contract after Durant,
    so chop up that $24.9 between 2 players to address the PG & big man holes.

Can we secure Conley & Horford for $12ish a piece? Horford was $12 last year
    and Conley was $10. I think there would be teams offering Conley more.
    Like the Knicks could offer him $18.

Cap is around $89, Luxury Tax $108

Beard - 16.7
    Durant - 24.9
    Conley - 14
    Horford - 11
    Bev - 6
    Capela - 1.3
    Beasley - 1.4
    Motie - 8
    Trev - 7.8
    --------

Conley/Bev
    Harden/
    Durant/Trevor
    D-Mo/Beasley
    Horford/Capela

Need to find matching salaries to ship out Sewer and a few others to round out the roster.

It won't be light work....we have lots we need to trade out. Lots we need to land.
    "Superstar" holes to fill, PG hole(s) to fill, Big Man hole(s) to fill...

....this is the cut off on my thought train...

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cap is 92 and no, you cannot sign Horford and Conley for 10/12.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Any way we could trade for Blake Griffin? Realistically, the clippers will want to push for a free agent. We could trade for him to help them free up cap space using Ariza and young players, and sign Whiteside and Batum.
    Bev
    Harden
    Batum
    Griffin
    Whiteside

Idk just a thought. Probably not possible?

16. malakas

malakas Member

Durant Conley and Horford all will cost 26 million per.Batum as well.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Blake will be great here but no chance for us, Celtics, Sixers have a lot more than us to trade IF the Clippers are going to rebuild, if not they will look to trade him for another all star in same position, so we're ****ed anyway.

18. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

what would it take to bring Avery Bradley here? Ariza and a Pick maybe?

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Ainge is interested in Ariza, Crowder is a similar player but younger and cheaper...

On Bradley frankly, i don't see a reason to trade for him, he's basically a younger Beverley, at this point yeah, he's a bit better defender and shooter but he's expensive than Beverley...all in all i don't think it's worth to trade for him, but that's just me...Smart on the other hand...

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yeah nevermind. Looks like Horford and Conley will both get near max kind of deals most likely.

Rockets Organization has a ton of work to do this off season.