1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol. Of course you're right that the Democrats are not doing so well electorally right now. But, Northside is just about the last person I would call politically illiterate.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The greatest thing that could ever happen to the Democrat party would be Trump winning the Republican nomination. That would all but ensure the Democrats taking back the house and senate which would mean they'd take the Supreme Court too. It's a bad time for the country, but a great time to be a Democrat.

3. baubo

baubo Member

This thread truly represent the 5 stages of grief and now it seems to be reaching the final stage of acceptance.

As someone who don't really care (Hilary would be my personal choice but I can see benefits to all the potential nominees other than maybe Cruz), I'm mostly fascinated by how factional people have become. Which is a bit ironic since technology is suppose to bring people together. When instead, what it really did was made people hang out with only those they agree with. So there are all the factions all thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong. And their own social group only confirms such beliefs so they become more and more certain of their own "truths."

The people who are willing to accept compromises seems to be a thing of the past. I can imagine the future of American politics with further gridlocks as each politician must remain steadfast in not compromising and working with others, because their own voter base will demand they keep their position.

This is going to be fun.

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

By 2020, we're going to have had precisely * 1* popular vote. majority for Republicans in Presidential contests in the prior 32 years.

If the Republican party still exists in 2020.

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Remind me why you didn't talk about the executive and judicial wings.

The governors of New York and California have more influence than most of the red states combined--not that this has anything to do with Congress.

Want to play with the numbers in the HoR and Senate? Let's dance COHETE.

Republicans are defending 24 seats compared to Democrats' 10 in the Senate in this upcoming election. Now, pure numbers, tell me how Trump changes the dynamic here. LOL

Please tell me how the following incumbents will win their races.

Sen. Mark S. Kirk, R-Ill.
    Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
    Sen. Patrick J. Toomey, R-Pa.
    Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.
    Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio

i.e all blue states

WAIT. IS THE SENATE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY, THE WORST OF DEMOCRAT TIMES, ONLY A 4-PERSON MAJORITY.

wait until you see the polls showing McCain drawing in dead heat. LOL.

dance with me Cohete, I like showing how politically illiterate I am. Let's dance from the easiest position for me to defend to the hardest.

#4025 Northside Storm, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks to whomever provided me with the exact moment where "you know who" decided to bail on a simple, fair TIPJAR bet. This is the alleged reason that he terminated the bet...baffling, yet, telling...

#4026 Codman, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I declare to everyone here that LosPollosHermanos did NOT welch on a $10 obligation he incurred on this board about a year ago. He paid up.

I affirm that when LosPollosHermanos speaks of welching or not welching, his words are backed by his deeds.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fragmentation of information and view is one of the greatest consequences of the IT revolution. The connectivity of the Internet allows people to find other people who think like they do and also information sources that reinforce their own views. Looking back this should've been foreseen. Humans are tribal by nature and seek comfort within the tribe. While the internet allows us to interact with all sorts of different people generally people tend to gravitate to those who in some way think like they do.

Take Clutchfans for example. While we have big disagreements on politics, burgers and etc. almost all of us came here because of the Rockets. Especially for those who live outside of Houston this is a valuable resource to keep in touch with our tribe of Rockets fans even though we aren't geographically in Houston. This way our own fandom for the Rockets is reinforced rather than becoming fans of teams like the T-Wolves, Mavs, Warriors, Knicks or where ever we might actually now reside.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think you are being sarcastic, but just to reaffirm, you are talking about the bet with you and tinman bet I did in fact pay up when I found out right?

Welchers are scum, just being called one is enough of an insult.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That is correct, Sir.

In the tinman <3 Mark Cu99an thread, you paid up because of my superhuman thread bumping abilities. I think you and tinman were speculating on how much of a rainman-type personality I was, and whether I would be bumping tinman's Cu99an love a month in the future, which I gladly obliged :grin:

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The guy is an immature kid with a keyboard, Codman. He's busy explaining to himself why he should pretend that your bet never happened. Good luck!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

60K Democrats in Pennsylvania wanted to help out Hillary so much that they switched parties in order to vote for her in the GOP primary with a Trump vote.

14. baubo

baubo Member

This is kind of why this forum at least provides a wider cross-section of the population than some other internet places for politics, since we're not really bound together by our political beliefs. Obviously still not close to being representative of the population, but at least somewhat more varied than typical.

But even so you can see how it’s clear no one’s changing their view points, and you can see some consistently move goal posts as facts keep getting updated so they can continue to maintain their view points. I think there is indeed a political revolution, but I’m not sure it’s a going to be a good one.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will be weird when they vote for Trump in the general and Trump beats Hillary.

Hillary unites the poor out of factory workers of the Midwest.

Trump will win the presidency and unite the county.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no chance. Even I'll be voting for Hillary if Trump wins the Republican nomination. Hell I'll probably vote straight ticket Democrat if that happens.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Or they are really scared of Cruz, because he would be a disaster waiting to happen.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's probably both. If you are a liberal you want to avoid a conservative winning the nomination especially since he'd actually have a shot at winning. If you are a Democrat and you can have a say, you want the guy who was a Democrat his whole life running a losing campaign against the Democrat you want to win. Trump vs Clinton is win-win if you are a Democrat.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is over for everybody, except Trump and Clinton.

Accept it and move on.