1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Dwight is leaving Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, Howard has played very well for us in the playoffs, in still one of the best centers in the league when it comes to defense and rebounding. If he wants to walk I won't be mad, but we better be damn sure we can sign a adequate replacement or at least use the money we save from him leaving meaningfully on another position (PF/SF/PG), as well a being confident Capela is ready for a big step up.

I think we need to go a little younger, Howard health risk and age related decline is too serious to bet the bank on.

#2016Whiteside2Houston

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We all ignored the warning signs. But they were definitely there.

Let's hope dallas ignores them too.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hope Clint gets that free throw sorted out over the summer. No reason he won't be in the running for MIP next year.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As long as Howard isn't on this team anymore. Just bring in guys who play with grit and no quit.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Crazy to think at one point I thought of Chandler Parsons being on the same level as Klay Thompson

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Parsons and Howard will both be on the bench the entire season with serious injuries and the Mavs will still have a higher seed than us. But y'all laughing.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dirk declined to comment when asked about the possibility of Dwight: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chandler Parsons on Dwight Howard: &quot;I think he can still dominate the game. I think he can still be a great... <a href="https://t.co/UE6OfMFriS">https://t.co/UE6OfMFriS</a></p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/725029259287232512">April 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chandler Parsons sounds like a man who plans to re-sign with the Mavs: &quot;Dallas is home to me. I loved it here. I... <a href="https://t.co/Ggfz6sHPke">https://t.co/Ggfz6sHPke</a></p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/725033502752677888">April 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They should DNP Dwight's ass. He's already checked out.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

as long as Dwight and Parsons aren't contributing than whatever

11. rocketsmetalspd

Parsons, Cuban, and Howard will be on twitter or instagram sending out photos of Dwight and Parsons signing their new deals with the Mavs this Summer. Have a great time in Dallas Dwight.:grin:

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be awesome, I hope Dallas signs all of the broken players to max deals.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Come on peeps why yall still care for Parsons like that

14. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Rot in Dallas. You're not winning anything there

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Surely this isn't news.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm still not able to hate Dwight, and i think i never will.

But i never liked him that much as a player, the fact that he didn't want to play through his strengths for all his career has always been a huge hole in my view...but at the end i was hopeful that working with McHale and Hakeem while growing into a veteran would have made a difference but eh...

That said i still think there's a good chance they both end up in Orlando.

17. rockets13champs

Parsons is trash and carslie will make dwight look like an allstar again

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I see Parson is still recruiting to stay relevant as a player.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I would LOVE this. Tie up all their cap in an injury prone Parsons and Dwight. Dwight's athletic dominance is over and he has zero real skill.

I just want the Rockets to face them 4 times a year. Would be fun to revive the rivalry.

1 person likes this.
  20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They probably have a shot at him. I mean, is there anyone better at signing a guy that he wanted 5 years ago than Cuban!

1 person likes this.