1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please bring back DMo next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 21, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree with this - but one thing this coaching staff has proven all year is they have NO IDEA how to plan for complimentary pieces.

They can't get Howard the ball in the post.

They can't get DMo the ball in the post.

They can't get Beasley the ball in the post.

They can't figure out how to use a near All star PG and cut him.

They can't figure out how to get the team to play hard, or together....

This is a disastrous season, and it starts at the top of the org all the way down, it is rotten to the core.

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

This board fantasizes over foreign players with funny names & corky personalities. DMo is a LIABILITY on defense & the boards. No other way around it. Yea I know he's likable among most of you, but the fact is he's overrated here

3. Houston79Astro

If you could find a way to get him open from mid range he would kill teams. Im talking low post screens in the paint from howard, opening up a quick turnaround for him. From a "ball goes in the hoop" stand point he is the best out of our bigs, aside from that? not so much. If the new coach (if their is a God) could install a defense system Beas could be successful in, then yes he would be a good starter, if not a reliable role player off the bench. Just got to coach him into not being such a ball stopper.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Beasley was horrific in the 2nd half along with the rest of the team. Was worse defensively than Dmo also. ;)

5. Houston79Astro

Which of our PFs aren't a LIABILITY? Heck Dmo is the only a smart defender out of the group. I'm sure some people overrate him, but there are far more who underrate him on here. He is a good player and Morey would be a fool to let him go (price pending of course)...... again.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Green during his post game interview...called out Donatas...Indicating that he started playing better as a result of DMo talking trash.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I like it. We need players that don't back down.

8. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

White boys have an irrational love for Dmo for some reason. Dude did nothing but **** up this game and for some reason he's so beloved.

Dude is epitome of average.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Had a nice game 3, but overall for this series I'm not too impressed. He's running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He needs to relax and be smarter.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dont mind the trash talk personally. But Green runs his mouth continuously. Times I wish that Montrezl wasnt a rookie...I wish that DMo wasnt coached by an idiot.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He fits in well with a TEAM oriented approach, I hope we get JVG and get some structure in there.

DD

12. Houston79Astro

Yes the blow out was all Dmo's fault, cause he is the only one to **** up.... I assume everyone is spotlighting him cause He is a tall white lanky guy who runs funny and just looks naturally goofy, running around in a freelanced Offensive and Defensive system looking lost.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

DMo will flourish if he played on a team like the Spurs or Boston. DMo unfortunately plays basketball for a heartless, gutless bunch of brick throwers.

14. Houston79Astro

Yes on the first part and No to the JVG part. love him, but don't love him.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually think they should rid themselves of Dmo and Jones.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can always depend on Beasley to be a liability on defense, and you can depend on him to take a ton of shots. When he makes them, people call him the next great player, when he doesn't make them, there's no justification for him ever playing.

17. houtown

houtown Member

Donatas Motiejūnas is an asset, but just not when you are running the break with the team.

If the Rockets had a coach who was not so go go go, fast break, then maybe they can utilize the big man to his strengths on the court.

Also, what ever James Harden is telling Donatas Motiejūnas as a "leader," is probably not working on the court. If anything, it is probably having a negative affect, since all the advice given seems to lead to Donatas Motiejūnas forcing the action during the game.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

D-Mo just has too much goober in him.... often makes the simple play look difficult, and often is on the floor for no reason whatsoever.

Very little natural basketball instincts. Contrast him with Scola, who has less height, less reach, and is slower... but makes the game look a helluva lot easier.

1 person likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some of that may come with age, Scola was 2 years older than DMo is now when he first came to the NBA.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dmo plays consistently well in a Euroball style system... well duh?