1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So who was the guy sitting on the bench when Jay showed Caitlin himself from earth 1? That cannot be the same guy as the mask since the mask has been there for a long time. So that must be Zoom?

2. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Two articles/interviews from The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg on the Zoom reveal.

EW.com:
    The Flash reveals Zoom's identity!

Variety.com:
    ‘The Flash’ Boss on Shocking Zoom Reveal: ‘He Played Them All’

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So the Jay Garrick we know is actually Hunter Zolomon? And the guy in the iron mask is the REAL Jay Garrick?

4. conquistador#11

this is the only thing that makes sense to me, but why would hunter solomon be a speedsters in earth 1 and earth 2. actually none of it makes sense to me. I just like zoom's outfit.

5. Awesome

Awesome Member

Zoom's name is Hunter Zolomon so he's not Jay

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The man in the iron mask is the real Jay Garrick...who I'm going to guess is Barry's dad. They will have the original Flash fight alongside the new Flash to defeat Zoom. Pretty obvious set-up for the season finale...

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then who is the guy on the bench?

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

9. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

E1 on Bench = Hunter Zolomon, who was said to be Jay that was adopted and renamed. (keep in mind E2 Jay directed Caitlyn here so it could be a misdirection)
    E2 Jay = Laying on ground, most believe to be dead, I personally do not.

I can see a few scenarios that could play out.

1. Twins
    There are twins on one or both E1 and E2 respectively.
    E1 Jay = Man in mask
    E1 Hunter = was on bench, no one cares
    E2 Jay = Man on ground
    E2 Hunter = Zoom

2. Time Travel
    E2 Jay = On the floor
    E1 Jay = E1 Hunter Zolomon on bench = Man in the mask
    Zoom = E2 Jay from future
    Man on bench was actually zoom(Hunter from E2) posing as E1 Hunter\Jay to throw Star Labs off the scent.

3. Speedforce
    Zoom could be the personification of the speedforce Jay lost.

4. Shapeshifter
    Could be tech Eobard used to take over E1 Wells.

10. mikus

mikus Member

There is a theory out there that the E2 Jay Garrick we know is really the E2 Everyman who decided to imitate The Flash by assuming his likeness and taking Velocity 6 which caused his cell degeneration. That explains why is DNA is different than E1 Hunter Zolomon, because he's not really the same person.

Following this theory, then the Man in the Mask is the real E2 Jay Garrick and Zoom is E2 Jay Garrick from the future. Zoom locked up his past self and when E1 Flash "disappeared", then Everyman assumed the likeness and tried to take up the slack by taking the Velocity 6 drug, but that caused his illness. This might make sense because the E2 Jay Garrick that we know has never demonstrated *any* ability to access the Speed Force without use of a drug. This theory does not explain why the Man in the Mask can't escape by himself though, if he is really the E1 Flash, unless Zoom has somehow disabled him.

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

When you say E1 Flash are you referring to E2 Jay\Flash?

Also if this theory pans out why did Zoom say "This complicates things" If it was everyman killing him wouldn't effect his timeline\him being alive today.

I personally thought he was making that comment regarding the breaches being closed and him losing access to Wells\Barry to gain his speedforce.

12. mikus

mikus Member

Yes I mean E2 Jay/Flash. Even I get confused with all of these secret identities. I agree with you, perhaps that comment had nothing to do with "Everyman" and refers to the breaches being closed.

13. body slam

body slam Member

Flash Supergirl crossover getting very close

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Watched the flash to see how he ends up on supergirl but nothing. Read that they messed up the timing of the episodes so that on next week's flash he travels to national city but that supergirl episode airs the night before lol you had one job

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

finally back, the episode has a lot of holes in it but became very interesting to say the least.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Time Wraith episode: Thought that was a lot of fun. Wells smacking Barry over the head was great. Sneaking in some Rick Astley was hilarious. Liked the Piper and Dementor. Generally good hijinks, and the timeline got totally f'd up which was great. Relatively straight forward plot, although it changes everything about the past. Still not sure why Wells helped Barry get faster though. It didn't seem necessary. If he refused to help him, Barry would still need to go back to avoid the wraith. And if Wells had that equation all along, why couldn't he give it to Barry to help him get faster in season 1. Which was one of his main goals as I recall.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ok, I'm thinking of hopping off this show Arrow style.

That was beyond stupid, beyond CW logic stupid. After he brought back wally they could have killed him then, ****ed him over in so many ways.

"Lets make him more powerful!!!"

-.-

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah unless they really did something sneaky that will show itself next week, it might be time to give up on the show. That was beyond stupid. Honestly I would have liked it better if it was the series finale and after zoom good the speed, he killed them all.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I Too was pissed . . I was like WTF several times
    1. What's with the BLACK EYES and Burst of speed force from somewhere unknown
    2. YOU CONVINCED A FORMER VERSION OF YOURSELF TO ALLOW YOU TO KILL HIM????????????????????????????? How the frick does that work???????
    3. Yes!! Let's power him up . . . .. .

Too much of that episode was WTF
    I mean you are like twice as fast as him and still could not beat him?

Man . .when the good ole RUN FASTER doesn't work . . .what will they do now?!???

Rocket River

20. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Serious question, is the show as confusing as this thread makes it sound?

I've thought about watching it, but reading this thread I feel like I would need to take notes during every episode.