1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solution: Don't give them money

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not even watching the games. Haven't been since somewhere around the twenty game mark. I can watch a bad team try their hardest and lose. I can't watch a supremely talented team play like they'd rather be at the strip club and lose. It's like watching shame manifest itself in the form of a basketball game.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

So many banking on Durant.

[​IMG]

Teams gonna be left overpaying role players.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Luckily I was able to get a full refund from my season tix.

4. Rocketeer4Life

This team is years away from competing. Last year was a fluke and an outlier. Both stars are not championship caliber and a lot of our role players are too one dimensional. I'm officially going on Rockets Detox till we get a new team.

5. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Even Philly can't manage to push arena attendance down to half-empty despite what seems to be half a decade of blatant tanking and refusing to hire more experienced leaders.

65-80% of NBA teams at any given time are just going through the motions because they know through TV/ticket sales/merch they'll be profitable no matter what.

6. mikus

mikus Member

What if you watch the team while AT the strip club? LOL. No seriously, I can see not buying merchandise or tickets to the games, but for me, I'm not a fan of any other NBA team, so I'm a bit of a trapped audience. Granted, I have watched less games this year than in the last couple of years, but the Rockets are still my only team. I hope we have at least one good game this series and I hope we can right the ship while Harden is still in his prime.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Philly ain't H-Town. We're a bunch of bandwagoners. A half empty arena is easily achievable if the Rockets continuously put out a lousy product.

I don't even mind if the Rockets suck next year. I almost welcome it. But as long as it's with the intention of racking up ping pong balls so they can rebuild through the draft. I'm sick and tired of spinning our wheels and going nowhere. Getting out of the first round once a decade is not what I consider success in the NBA.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Great coach indeed! Why couldn't we have gotten a Pop student until they all left ...

9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

For the 14th pick or just squeezing into the playoffs, I'd rather watch Scola, Hayes and Lowry over this team any day.

10. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Go to the game and Boo your ass off. Or don't go to the game. These people quit on themselves or don't care at all. Why should we

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't believe Philly fans are really fundamentally different from Houston fans. And, if there was ever a team worthy of a boycott on this earth, it was the Hinkie Sixers. They were not just bad, they were intentionally bad. I think the plan was sound for getting a good team in the end, but no customer should have to pay to see that sausage being made. I think anyone who has attended a Sixers game or bought Sixers merchandise for the last couple of years should be ashamed. Likewise for Sterling-era Clippers fans. Sterling didn't care about winning; he'd just constantly recycle underpaid draft picks. There had to be something wrong with you to cheer a team like that. But, both those teams still managed more than half-full arenas. So the Rockets will too, no matter what. Fortunately, unlike the old Clippers and Sixers, the Rockets actually want to win sooner rather than later. It is possible they'll have a legit team as soon as next season.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Some people already bought tickets.. boo them.

Rowdies... stage a walk out.

There is your plan. Go.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Turning into a celtics fan? and then turn back next year if Rockets fix their problems?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

no nickels, but they could use some dimes...

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

which is why i think DM's a goner. there are no other quick fixes for making us a contender out there. without durant, this franchise is a trainwreck for a while

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the series versus the clippers is when **** hit the fan, apart from Smith and Brewer going MJ the Clippers were resting Paul and owning the rockets in an embarrassing fashion. Their only problem was that they were mental midgets and choke artists, CP3 has never advanced more than 1 round before.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You do realize that Clutchfans is owned and operated by Clutch the Bear? And Clutch the Bear is an employee of the Rockets and Les Alexander. By you posting on this very site, you are giving Le$ more $$.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

These fan-anarchy threads need to stop already.

This season has been awful.

We'll heal and get better.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's been a half empty arena 41 times so far this year.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Seriously...

If I were in Houston, I would get my ass out of the "radiation loveseat ;) " and go to the game. I'd support our guys. I'd yell loud enough so Luke could hear me ETHER his pathetic tattoo. I'd scream so loud during Speight's free throw that his knot-button would explode. I'd yell for CB to eat something already so that Steph's cough wouldn't knock him into the front row.

I'd heckle Leo about our time in PHX and tell him that he was traded (Ohhh...he would go bizerk!) I'd ask Clint to buy some velcro to attach to his hands to catch the post pass. I would BEG Dwight to go for 20 boards ...just one last time.

I'd tell JB to play Beas at least 25 minutes with James.

I'd Scream at Pat to cut whatever the heck is growing on his scalp.

I'd look on the ground to give DD all of his quarters, nickels and dimes back.

I would cheer my ASS off because it's the Rockets.

That's what fans do.

Golden State is AMAZING, but I'm not just giving up on the Rockets. I'm not looking away just because our season sucked.

I've been through worse seasons, just like all of you have, too.

Support your team and stop with the empty threats. OR, if you're really that serious, I guess you can just stop watching, burn your jerseys, complain about the team when it's cloudy out and just be miserable.

OR...you could just enjoy the ride before it's over.

Love ya'll.