1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/16/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Yes i do. Because you expect ro get reamed. If thats not a pusssy than i dont know what is.

2. amaru

amaru Member

That was ugly.......JB's rotations are confusing as well.

3. amaru

amaru Member

He' just being realistic instead of delusional. The next 3 games will be like the first.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Morey is on drugs.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Excellent post.

A wake-up call was in order and by the end of this series (and the end of our season), we will have it.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Theres a difference between realistic and hopeless. Realistically this team can compete if the coaching wasnt so pathetic right now. Hopeless is the attitude that everyrhing bad is gonna happen when things have yet to happened. You cant create a future if you dont live in the moment... Realistically, if the Rockets stay in the moment, compete in the moment... They would not get reamed.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

As much as I wanted to emotionally divest myself from this loss, sure enough my upset adrenaline was still flowing through 3 AM this morning since the conclusion of the game. Therefore, considering the possible negative implications to my health, I'm not sure I can watch any of these future games on television during the work week due to said adrenaline rush...whether it be a good kind (win) or bad kind (loss).

Therefore, I may have to resort to an occasional box score glance to see what is happening during the game. I appreciate your understanding in this matter but the Rockets can be detrimental to the health of their fans.

That said...I have not made a formal decision on this matter. I'm too tired to think straight given the lack of sleep. I just hope the Rockets had as hard a time getting to sleep as well. That would mean they actually care as much about their crappy performance and want to right the ship. Or, they were physically so exhausted that the adrenaline associated with the mental aspects of the loss took a back seat to the physical effects of the loss.

Either way...FU Rockets for that terrible performance and keeping me up at night. I wish I knew how to quit you!

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Draymond Green on Patrick Beverley "Look how the Pistons used to do Jordan. You’ve got to rough him up."

9. rocketsmetalspd

I sure hope not. I am hoping for the team to do better than the first game Thrashing, it was a pathetic showing by the team.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ethan Strauss

Steph Curry ankle report: He walked into the practice facility wearing sandals, no limp. But I'm not a doctor or an expert on gaits
    11:42am - 17 Apr 16

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not religious, but thank God! If you're actually up there, God, what did Houston do? We got the Rockets to Houston and Elvin left after a season because "we" didn't want to pay him. We went to the Finals with Moses and then shipped him out because "we" didn't want to pay him. We went to the Finals in '86 and then Ralph's career was ruined by the Boston injury and our key rotation players were tossed "for life" due to coke. Then there was Seattle and Stockton/Malone (both clearly sent by the Devil, if he exists!). Moving on after our glorious championship years, "we" got S. (for ****) Pippen. Then there was Yao. Need I say more? There are plenty of other examples. The Oilers and Buffalo. I'm stopping there.

What did we do to deserve this? WHAT??

ARRGH!

12. amaru

amaru Member

It didn't look that bad when it happened.

13. rocketsmetalspd

It did not look bad but it seems like it will linger throughout the series. I want him to play when the Rockets get a W, it will not be because Curry didn't play.

14. rocketsmetalspd

God doesn't root for teams or care less about teams. It is the players themselves that control what happens during the games. Some times luck is on their side, which helps out but players are the ones that control the effort and the want to Win. You can pray that no one gets injured during the games though.:)

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Just you wait.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ha - I think cities like Cleveland have had it much much worse.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Who cares....he played 19 minutes and the Rockets couldn't even cut into the lead. That shows me enough. The closest they brought it was 16 points, and they promptly went back up over 25 points with their best player on the bench.

The Rockets are a mess right now and if you don't think so you have homer glasses on.

18. elainas

elainas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trying to figure it out. <a href="https://t.co/JJmfBajTHk">https://t.co/JJmfBajTHk</a> <a href="https://t.co/H0ObLlT1Sw">pic.twitter.com/H0ObLlT1Sw</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/721785303329935360">April 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brew remains starter..

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Brew assuming position for JB.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member