1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zach Lowe] Leaves Harden off his All-NBA ballot, thoughts?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, Apr 14, 2016.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Klay Thompson is a guard, not a forward, and Draymond Green is a forward, not a center.

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Green spent plenty time as a 5, Thompson also plays at 3. It's basically position-less for the GSW when they have the "small unit" out there, which won most of the games than anyone else.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Smith has been erratic since he left the Hawks. I odn't know what the reason is. I do know he's not as good a player as he was then.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL I think Lowe basically argued himself into leaving Harden out. Sure Harden didn't really show the leadership we expected during the season and he was the reason for the Rox poor start, however once he got in shape Harden played like we all expected he would and carried the Rox to a lot of wins.

Klay Thompson is a really good player but the ability to win 73 games isn't really done by him, the biggest factors for those would be Draymond Green and Curry so I don't even know why Lowe is making that his decision point, I think if you switched Harden and Thompson GSW still wins 73 and the Rox don't make the playoffs. If you're talking about individual performance then Harden should get in over Klay Thompson, if you're talking about team performance he should also get in, I mean Lowe had no issues last year with Westbrick making the all star team, and didn't OKC lose more games when he reaches 40 pts last year? They couldn't even make the playoffs LMAO and there wasn't all this brouhaha about leaving WB out. Hopefully Harden takes this as an insult and makes a point to show everyone up in the playoffs.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hou really shouldn't be in the playoffs either without a winning record. OKC with WB still had a winning record at the end of the year and would have made it this year and be the #5 seed. not much of argument for OKC missing the playoffs at 45-37 because in reality thats not that bad,

6. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I sincerely doubt a majority of fans or GMs would agree with you, but you're welcome to your appraisal. I think you're still thinking of 2000s Howard. Wrapped up in the name.

No, that's exactly how it works, unless you're discussing prospects or players who are pre-prime. For prime/post-prime players, "talent" is how good a player is. Smith isn't a draft prospect...he's a player on the downside of his career.

Not too often, but I did say that they were a good team last year. With the Thunder crippled by injury and the Spurs under-performing, the Rockets overperformed their talent (but not by a huge amount...56 wins is nice but hardly an amazing number). In the playoffs, they got a 0.1% shot to pay off and get them past the second round. If they had bowed out in the second round, no one would be talking about how tremendously talented they were.

And, again, Harden was better last year and Howard hadn't declined as much. This year's team is worse talent-wise. Last year's team was good, this year's team has declined to average.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

New personal ballot taking into consideration all of the arguments made here.

Curry
    Westbrook
    Kawhi
    Lebron
    Deandre Jordan

Lowry
    CP3
    Durant
    Green
    Aldridge

Lillard
    Harden
    Paul George
    Paul Millsap
    Karl Anthony Towns

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The Klay Thompson is automatically a top player because team wins meme

Throw him on any other team and people will forget about it forever.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good choice Zach. You know what's up

10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Zach Lowe is a ****. Not new information. Those are my thoughts.

11. Lightsnowaction

Winning matters.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Jordan only had one other teammate on any of the All-NBA Teams in the year they won 72 games.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe this will egg Harden on, who knows

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Not very often. And thars why Harden was MVP. It's pretty simple

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe he should try on defense.

DD

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Did you watch that game? I could have sworn that comeback was all Josh Smith and Corey Brewer...

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Oh I get it, you're talking about Josh Smith. My mistake.

You did say however that talent isn't production then go on to state an example of Josh Smith's production vs the clippers as an example of his talent...

Talent is actually both potential and production. Production is almost always evidence of some sort of talent? Right?

18. opticon

opticon Member

My rule of thumb is would you trade for them straight up. Salaries and age thrown out the window.

Curry and Westbrooks past the test.
    Kyle and Klay do not.

As good of players as Kyle and Klay are, they are a step below Harden.
    The numbers and the Eye test back that up.

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Who had a year with stats only Jordan, Lebron, and Robertson have had before?

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I never said that.