1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only 3 players in NBA history have averaged at least 28.9 pts, 7.5 ast, 6.1 reb. This year, Harden m

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

but but but

DEFENSE :rolleyes:

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats makes you a MORON!

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or maybe some irrationally love him. Best stats in the league on a team that went to the WCF last year and he barely makes the playoffs? He can score 100 a game and I won't care if he can't win.

4. vlaurelio

harden's far from the problem of this team. he's actually the only brightspot

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

To put this into perspective, Kobe only averaged more points than this three times in his career. Scoring this many points is hard. 7.5 assists on top of that is monumental. I get frustrated with James' play at times, but there's no denying he's an amazing one of a kind player.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, thanks. have a nice day. ;)

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The probably isn't this or that player. The problem is the dynamic between and among players. As the franchise player, he's the biggest nexus in the dynamic, so he gets his share of the blame. In relationships, it takes two to tango, so I don't really buy any argument that discord is the other guy's fault. Everyone involved is at fault.

8. vlaurelio

so even if he averages 40pts, 10asts, 10 rebs, 5 stls, 2 blks you still wont give him any credit and he shares equal blame with the brewer, old terry, soft tjones, out of shape smith, half ass dwight, stupid jbb and morey?

what do you think will happen if we trade harden with curry? will harden make GSW significantly worse or will Curry make the rockets significantly better or neither?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I guess I just don't think it's "irrationally loving him" to point out that he hit an impressive milestone. That's all OP was doing.

Yeah, we all want the Rockets to win, but I'm just surprised at how instantly antagonistic some people get when any positive notion of James Harden is mentioned, as if he should be shamed into oblivion at all turns regardless what he does this season. I guess I'm in the minority on that.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

And only one has had 374 turnovers in a season.

11. vlaurelio

agree

to all the harden ingrates there who would you swap harden 1 for 1 and think will make the rockets significantly better while making the other team significantly worse for this season? TIA

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, Harden can not make his teammate hit 3 pointers.

When you have an offense built around ft's and 3 pointers and you are the one of the worst ft shooting teams in the league and a very below average 3 point shooting team - you aren't going to be successful no matter how stinky your defense is (the worst amongst all playoff teams).

So you can blame Harden a bit for the defense, but that is one small piece of a much bigger problem - which is you have the wrong personal around Harden.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's at 29.0 - probably actually at 28.96 or something like that.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What the hell kind of nonsense is this.

This team doesn't have chemistry issues, it has talent issues.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great numbers by James. He's an awesome offensive talent.