1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

lol...relax. nobody knows anything.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Hard to tell when someone is being serious in the interwebzz...

Regarding Cersei, spoiling below as I can't remember if it was said in the TV Show or just the books
    I just remember Maggy the fortune teller warning Cersei that she will be killed at some point by her Valonqar (little brother).

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me why houses Martell and Tyrell don't just boss up and take all of Westeros? Seems like they could make it happen, and make sense being that together they basically control the entire southern area of Westeros.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Doran Martell doesn't seem to be interested in war, he seems to prefer peace.

Olenna Tyrell, likewise, doesn't seem terribly interested in starting a new war after the last one. They seem content on their place, at least before Margery was thrown in a black cell....

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm super stoked to see what happens when Tyrion, Varys, and the Unsullied take on the Sons of Harpy for Mehreen.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who says they aren't? Google "Dornish Master Plan" and watch one of many youtube theories.

The entire first half of the series for the most part is about the political scheming of these houses for power, and how the honorable & good characters get their heads chopped off (actually & metaphorically) when they try to do the right thing when it comes to politics (even though Ned Stark still makes some questionable decisions).

Everyone is scheming or looking for vengeance from past schemes. The Martells have all the reasons in the world to overthrow the Lannisters due to the past crimes on their family by Tywin & the Mountain.

Why they haven't bosses up yet? Well its pretty well known that the Lannisters were the most powerful house when the story starts. Now that Tywin is dead all bets are off, and this is really when the story get interesting.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know where the TV show will go with the Dornish plotline, given how they messed it up already, making the Water Gardens (so much for "Sunspear") look like Disneyland in the desert (Rosabell Laurenti Sellers' gratuitous boob shots notwithstanding). I think they're getting a cameo this year.

There's more to Doran Martell than the show let on, though, as dobro pointed out:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

For those contemplating House Martell and House Tyrell joining forces to take Westeros, consider Tywin thought solidarity was in order. Recall at the end of S04, Tywin puts Oberyn Martell on the King's council, and they specifically talk about necessary peace to ward off attacks -- to include Daenyres from the East.

They were discussing equal concerns with her as with anything from the North, albeit a cersies shortsightedness tried to shrug her off in the council meeting. Hence why Tywin started an campaign to destabilize her from within Mereen, and why Tyrion goes to help her take down Kings Landing.

If the Martell's and Tyrell's join forces to take on the Lannisters and also the armies from the North, all that fractioning of the 7 kingdoms will just make it easier for Daenyres ... which is what the smartest guy in Westeros (Tywin) foresaw...hence his move for solidarity

9. HR Dept

Nice points. Though IMO, Daenyres' priority should be to establish a new Valyria and leave the Iron Throne for her offspring to conquer later on. Just seems like what she has/can have in Essos is far greater than want she actually wants across the Narrow Sea.

I think I should be a writer for this show. :grin:

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just from watching the show, I'm not sure why anyone would want to go Westeros instead of staying in the lands she is in already.

Westeros is a stink hole.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well you wont be sold as a slave there. You might be killed by wildlings who raid your farm, and white walkers are just a couple sheets of ice away from killing everyone you know but hey... at least you don't have to be a slave.

I'd think Dorne or Braavos would be my pick.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JgXBYXfhgSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Easy to say. But I'd like to see you tell her that. Seems many have tried, and she chews them all out.

Plus, you won't get her in bed by telling her to settle down and raise a family. ;)

14. HR Dept

Touché.

The GOT universe is extremely fascinating to me. There's room for countless spin offs and prequels. If they keep the quality high, HBO can make money of this show for the next 10-15 years.

15. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Some more sneak peeks:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R3x2Cg0TntQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h6l6D2AUxVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bYViUEY1NT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CXlscOm3EZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

360 degree credits video, you can move it around

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGameOfThrones%2Fvideos%2Fvb.74133697733%2F10153647535247734%2F%3Ftype%3D3&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'd be happy with a prequel series about Roberts Rebellion once GOT ends....

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm on episode 6 rewatching last season in preparation of this season. I'm getting hyped.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think George Martin has spoken before about wanting to adapt his Novellas of Duncan and Aegon to a tv series. I think it would be pretty interesting. Also would be interested in Robert's Rebeliion as Grendel said

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Another:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0JnAyka8p-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>