1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to shut Harden down for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Mar 23, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's actually trade Harden time. What's the use in scoring all those points only to give dam near every game away in the last few minutes.

2. dznutz

dznutz Member

he needs to play this season.... so he can be somewhat in shape for next season

3. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I agree. Tank so you don't get ass raped by GS or SAS. Keep the pick. See what you have in the young guys.

4. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

The problem is you will never get fair value for him. Best case scenario is to get a coach who can get the most out of him and a legit scorer he can defer to. Not a scrub like lawson, but a legit player similar to dwade was to Lebron. Only way this works.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

tank? for what. they're losing anyways. People are still confused about this. not sure why.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a popular take but I agree it's time to shop Harden in the off season to see what organizations are willing to give up for him. I've been saying if they can get the number 1 pick from whoever wins the lottery for Harden, they have to do that trade. It's becoming apparent that Harden is not that franchise/foundational player an organization can build around and the organization will probably lose him for nothing when his contract is up. Get something for him while his value is still high. You can't have the character flaws like Harden has and be a player an organization hopes to build around for any real success. Also he and Howard have established being coach killers so what real coach possibly wants to come here with either of them here? And like I've expressed before as well, Harden isn't the drawing type of player that other top notch free agents at this point want to play with either. These are real concerns this organization needs to be worried about.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aNPoJX_buzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Uh maybe because as of yesterday this steaming pile of garbage was still a playoff team. The pick is top 14 protected. Harden going off in a game and accidentally finding victory and getting us the 8 seed does us no good.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

again they're losing anyways

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Guarantee you that if we don't make the playoffs, Durant won't even sniff our way.

12. B-Bob

I don't think he sniffs us anyway, but you think a nasty beatdown sweep is more appealing to him than getting, say, a young energetic 4 in the draft?

If so, he's just not very smart.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

even if they did make the playoffs with a .500 record that still wouldn't matter. at this point it's irrelevant if they make the playoffs or not regarding a decision from KD. If he really wants to come here then he will.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Durant will give Harden a courtesy free agent meeting because they're friends. Then he'll forget about us.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Very weak draft this year. About 7 players that are ready to contribute. Rockets won't have a chance at drafting anyone that can help right away if they get 12-14 pick.

16. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

Couldnt have said it better myself

17. B-Bob

But it gets better every day if you watch the wire of 1st year college kids signing on, and ... experts are *never* wrong about a draft class.

All I know is getting punked in the first round is useless AND having a first round pick is much more valuable than not having one.

The logic is overwhelming. I can't believe people are cheering for this broke-down pile of a poorly coached hot mess to make the playoffs. Mind boggling, frankly.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Honestly. I think were done. 9th seed 35-37 with a possible 7 to 8 game losing streak coming. Seasons over fellas..

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No top free agent will care about the unknown possibilities of a #12 pick. They will care about a team showing fight to the end, chemistry and Beasley's/DMo's playoff performance.

Playoff experience for Beas and DMo playing with Harden has value. Keeping them might be much more important than what a #12 ends up being. To me, it's mind-boggling when people completely dismiss playoff experience for guys like Beas and DMo.

And y'all, quit saying we can only make the #8 seed. #6-8 are all up for grabs. We just showed we can compete with OKC....and FIGHT!

20. B-Bob

Fair enough points, but I do think you're ignoring a lot of cold, hard data at this point.

[​IMG]