1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. deshen

deshen Member

It won't be the solution, but it should be the top priority in this off-season.
    I am not a big fan of Morey. This club was never an elite team in Morey's tenure including last season.
    IMO, there is no championship in foreseeable future. The best shot for the current situation is to do everything to resign Howard, Howard should be our anchor on both ends. That is the only way to get the team in good deep playoff run. This team has been put on the wrong direction. However, no matter what this team would do, this team will never be a champion caliber simply because there is not core star players developed in this team while every champion team in the last did have, almost without exception. The only hope in the last was that we should keep Parsons at any price because he was the only one that this team developed and could be regards as a star player.

If this team can not resign Howard, then it would be time to rebuild. trade everyone to get top pick or tank to get one. Anyway, there is no any benefit to keep Morey here, it was 9 wasted experimental years. I do not see any good future with him here.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What a clown.He has humiliated and broken my honor as a Houstonian. Rest assure fam, I will destroy him inch by inch with my bare hands.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I know he's idolized by a bunch of dork stat computer dumbasses.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I told you guys

This fat geek Mauri's calculators, analytical models etc don't account for team chemistry, IQ, heart and effort

Nothing else can explain how DUMB and out of sync this team is

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

No one else is afraid he's going to re-sign Jones?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I dont know how this guy still has a job.

1 person likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mauri going to chicken out of his 790 radio appearance tomorrow again?

Great chance that this front runner doesnt show up

But but no one wants to face us in the playoffs
    But but coaching doesnt matter

8. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Get some guys who can score the ball, Morey you idiot. Beside Harden and Beasley, we only have bunch of scrubs offensively.

9. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

This was a weird game in the sense that I really couldn't point to a single factor which lead to our loss. Then I looked at the box score. Harden with 26, and the second highest scorer was Ariza with 12. And therein lies the problem.

If we are not going to be elite defensively, at least get some guys who can score the ball. We have too many guys who are just mediocre on both sides of the game. That's the main crux of our problem this year.

10. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

If you think howard needs to be our anchor on offense, you need your head examined.

11. MD_in_Training

Lol, you're an idiot. Dwight is barely a rich man's Mozgov at this point.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey has had 7 good years. Normally I would show patience with him based off his track record, but this 1 season has been so disastrous that he must be on the hot seat. All of the good times that happened last year have been canceled out by the miserable times this year. As proud as I was of this team last year, I've been 2x more disappointed this season.

13. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Morey completely botched this season. For the 100th time, if we are not going to be elite defensively, at least get some guys who can score the damn ball. If you compare our roster to other elite teams, it's really not that deep. We overachieved last season due to Harden's herculean effort and some fortunes falling on our way, but strictly in terms of talent we need way more than we currently have.

14. highlander3128

Being an administrator doesn't mean you are always right. Peace.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Easy there soldier. Let's live to fight another day.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cant fire him he's too good. give up till next midseason. if the team still sucks, he should be fired.

he should be one of the busiest gms this offseason. his phone and vibrating calculator should break cuz he's been using them for too daam much.

and jb has to either go back to assistant coach, or get the f outta here. he was the defensive coach and this team is capable of playing much better defense and they still suck ass. i think he should leave. this was his oppurtunity of a lifetime and he blew it miserably.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

He's too good on what, exactly?

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

numbers prove he's been successful. good but not great. just like mchale. they should be given a chance to clean up their mess. if they cant THEn they should be fired. hopefully they get it right iwth morey this team

if they were terrible with their time here, or just average, then firing them on the spot is appropriate. but both have been above average. they deserve a chance, just one.

19. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I thought Morey was a stat/numbers guy, but the decisions he has made this year truly confound me.

First of all, he should have brought in more competent players other than just Lawson. This team suffers from a serious lack of talent. I know we made it to the WCF last year, but from a purely analytic point of view, we kind of overachieved that season.

In 2014-2015, we were 12th in Ortg and 8th in Drtg overall. Our point differential was +3.4, 5th among the WC teams. That's not that good. Our expected W/L based on the team metrics was merely 50-32. The only reason we manged to pull out 56 wins was simply because Harden was balling out of his mind that year, and showed strong performance during clutch moments, winning most of the close games.

We were just 1 game away from falling down to 6th seed in the conference, and the only reason we were able to finish as 2nd was because Spurs lost their final game against the Pelicans. And of course, we had one of the unlikely miraculous comeback in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This all points to the fact that 2014-2015 Rockets were not really as good as their final achievement (finishing 2nd in WC, advancing to WCF). Morey should have realized this and directed his energy towards revamping the roster, especially finding players who can score without Harden literally spoon feeding them with lobs and kick out passes. Our current best 2nd offensive option is Michael freakin' Beasley. Nothing against the guy, but that just shows you how thin our roster line-up is.

And of course, if Morey were really that good, he should've kinda anticipated Dwight's decline, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

There's no method to Morey's madness with Dr. Evil behind him. He signs players at random. He has this offseason to prove he can be the GM who built around Yao and Harden. Still, Leslie wants stars so if we go all-in on KD while other key FAs get signed, it's on Dr. Evil too. So if next season fails, I think Morey might want to walk himself unless he's calling a lot of the shots.