1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed that "try" only upgrades the Magic Number Thread after wins.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yes, you and here's the evidence:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5243959&postcount=102

I was carrying on a rational discussion when you decided you would pull some "bullcrap" as you so eloquently put it. Just for the record, you trolling me came much sooner (five years earlier as a matter of fact) than the links you posted in your response above. I'll be waiting for your apology although I won't be holding my breath.

I don't have a twitter account. I have a ClutchFans account as do you and your comments here have shown that you are a Daryl Maury homer. However, I did click on your twitter account and the first thing I saw was that your background pictures consists of Maury and his protege Sam Hinkie on their cell phones sitting together in the stands, which is more proof of your hero worship of Maury.

Even in this weak and feeble attempt to disagree with Maury, you end up acting as an apologist in the post you linked above. You haven't shown me anything that demonstrates critical analysis of management and the decisions they have made, even in a season like this which can only be described as an unmitigated disaster. Again, all this further supports the assertion that you are essentially a blind Maury homer.

So long, dude. Although it hasn't been real, its been fraudulent on your part.

1 person likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you suggesting try tries to imitate Morey?

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/PabloTorre">@PabloTorre</a> nba playoffs should be single elimination like Euroleague final four</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/711755210138505217">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea i bet morey wished it was single-elim, he knows he's going to get canned after the 4-0 sweep and Durant sweepstakes fails.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Is Morey seriously this stupid? A single elimination game, come on now..then a lot of things would need to change.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its much easier to push the "coin toss" narrative with respect to one game as opposed to a 7 game series.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I think series makes much worse and often boring and irrelevant spectacle than single elimination so agreed with Morrey.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

home court advantage is too strong in the nba for single elimination to be practical though

10. Nook

Nook Member

The most successful sport in the USA is a single game elimination.

Wouldn't be shocked if the NBA would do well with a single game elimination as well.

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

yeah single elimination would lead to more upset and for a team to dominate for a long stretch like the bulls, they would have to be more consistent and clutch when it count, i can see some merits in it, but again NBA is about making money as well, so no way Adam silver is gonna throw all the chances of making more money with more games

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Single elimination would cut out a TON of TV money, never gonna happen.

DD

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Trust me. If it was feasible for the NFL to do series, they would. In fact, if it was feasible for them to play every other day, they would.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude or Dudette, if Bima has you so exercised about this, that, and some other darn thing, then put him on ignore. It seems that that is what you're doing. The 99.8% of us who eagerly await his posts on pretty much any topic he cares to converse about, as well as his excellent podcasts with Clutch, will continue to do just that. I'm sure Bima will somehow persevere without indulging in convos with you. As for Daryl, we're damned lucky to have him. He isn't perfect, but who among us is? Even Clutch must have some fault, although I've searched with my telescope and have found none.

Have a nice day!

As for Morey's suggestion of a single elimination tournament, I have to strongly disagree. Were it in existence during the '85-'86 playoffs during the WC Finals, we would have been eliminated by the defending champion Lakers, a powerful team indeed, one that we smoked after that first loss to them in LA, winning the series 5-1 and going on to lose in 6 games to arguably the best team to ever lace them up, Bird's Celtics of that season.

#2514 Deckard, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Karolik

Karolik Member

if it was single elimination, the yao artest rockets would've been in the finals.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The NBA wants the BEST team to win a series, thus the way it is set up - that and the $$$$ of course.

It is very hard for a weaker team to win over a 7 game series.....

That is the best way to do it....no one game lucky bull****.

DD

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He wants more random occurrence. Butthurt about so few title winners over the past 3 decades. Parity in the NFL. Dynasties in the NBA. Plenty of ways to skin the cat. I'm sure he'd take what he can get.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do wish the first round was shorter though. Maybe best of 3 in the first round, then best of 5 in the second round, then best of 7 in the conference and NBA Finals.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I confess to being greedy. I want as many games as possible. Seven a series seems reasonable to me, with more time between games, in my opinion.