1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a time to be alive!!!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Can you do one of those with DD's face?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Love that Beasley can provide offense while Harden is on the bench. And love that Beasley can make his FTs (which is key on this team considering our front court players). Beasley looks to be a solid rebounder that isn't afraid to bang in the paint and yeah, his lateral quickness to stay in front of his man defensively is quite good and something refreshing to see from our bigs.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wonder if Beasley would throw them hands

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man.. I'm eating some serious crow so far on this one.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think it is an extreme oversimplification to distill all our problems this season down to Lawson. I guess we will agree to disagree about that.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

You can see his confidence with the ball, not unlike Smith, and it echoes his talent as the 2nd overall pick. He brings that scoring element we needed. And that may be all we ask of him. But how far he goes and how long he stays will again come down to how long he can sustain any effort to change what ails him, as well as how long he can remain consistent. Even off the bench, where these things are less concerning, he has waivered in the past.

The questions remain...

Negatives:
    Focus on defense
    Maturity off the court
    Weed
    Pull up jumpers ( Long 2's. )
    Rebounding.
    Likes to have Fun ( for those that don't like Dwight )
    Undersized
    Doesn't finish through contact
    Can't stay in one place
    Playing under pressure ( Playoffs )
    Consistency
    Self destruction every 2 years
    Focus in practice

The Positives:
    Dynamic scorer
    Good character
    Likes to have Fun

As others have noted, it's Josh Smith. It's Dwight. He has all of the potential, but cannot seem to escape the black hole he's in. And that's a matter of discipline. I'm not sure at this point any of that has had a chance to change. And that's just the truth of his career. It's possible rock bottom changed that. But impossible to say if he hit that mentally, even if he hit that in reality.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Oh man, me too, but it's some delicious crow.

10. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

You know what I really like about Beasley? He takes the midrange J. Probably the only player on this squad that doesn't feel the need to jack up 3's all day. R

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You're putting too much emphasis on that trade and ignoring all the other stuff like Harden being out of shape and in a funk, the PF's that got us through last season being gone or injured, Brewer struggling, etc.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

A fair assessment and all really good points.
    During the Celtics game, Worrell mentioned during the game commentary how the Rockets had done their due diligence on Beasley speaking to a number of people associated with the team in China and how there was nothing but positive feedback and how he was a 'model citizen'.
    Maybe the penny has finally dropped with Beasley and realised he doesn't have too many more opportunities.
    Regardless of what happens, he's done really well so far and surprised a lot of people. I hope it continues and Rockets continue to benefit.

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I like that he can hit a mid range. Makes us a little more unpredictable

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

As the leader of the bandwagon, fucc the haters!!!

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure this was already mentioned but the guy did take 19 shots in 15 minutes which I believe was some sort of record!

16. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

But if you watched that game, he went 9-19 which isn't bad. Plus multiple times he kept getting his own rebound and finally put one in.

17. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I believe you made a mistake. I've corrected it for you.

1 person likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. Jason Terry also brings that. And Andrew Goudelock (love his floater in the lane). Having these scorers being able to utilize the midrange gives the offense (predicable, many times) a different look.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

When he's on the court it changes opposing teams defense with Beasleys ability to hit that mid range shot. What a hell of a pick up "so far" by Morey.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Maybe Morey has changed his philosophy up a bit. Because now he has 4 players who can hit that mid range consistently. ( Harden, Terry, Beasley and Andrew).