1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

not complaining now.

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Guy has been an absolute steal, he might have found a home in the H town.

4. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YhrpeHU1okk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Did Beasly say the game plan is to have fun on defense? Lol

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I think Morey is a genius again.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy is amazing... He is bridging the gap between James and Dwight.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Have fun on defense? He repeated that several times

Well done JB. Great game plan and players are executing it perfectly

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

People that were complaining about him ball hogging, keep in mind that's what he was brought here to do, instant scorer off the bench, he's not a complete player, he's JR. Smith and Jamal Crawford.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is Michael Beasley the best player to ever wear a Rockets uniform?

11. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Best since Josh Smith

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I like what Beasley is bringing to the table right now....

Hopefully he continues to grow and stay out of TROUBLE...

T_Man

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's basically last season's version of Josh Smith. Mid-season acquisition of a talented but heavily flawed player who is exceeding expectations(so far).

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I really liked this signing, he's basically providing the instant scoring the team needed esp. now with Josh Smith in a bit of a scoring funk. He's providing the stuff a guy like Markief Morris is supposed to bring except we're paying him league minimum instead of 9M a year.

Btw the Rox are something ridiculous like 10-2 since Lawson was waived. Worst trade and worst rocket player ever?

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not the worst trade as we really only lost out on a first round pick. It hurts, but we will survive. :p Worst player? By what standards? I think Royce White was the worst followed by Quitten and then Cato if we are talking about underwhelming and definitely Quitten for just being hated. Lawson hurt our team yes, but not because he gave up or caused trouble. It just wasn't a good fit at a time when Lawson is down in the dumps. It honestly could have been much worse.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He has been far better than Josh Smith but it is a small sample size and some of it has been in garbage time. Early on what has surprised me has been his defense.

17. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope... This guy was. Never forget!

[​IMG]

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You lost a first round pick but the trade essentially destroyed all the good will from last year's WCF and wasted the last 4 years the rox have been building towards since this was the year the team was gonna make noise. Coming into the season the Rox looked hella appealing to potential FAs since they seemed like a dark horse, if we don't sign anyone in the summer than you can blame the Lawson trade for tanking the Rox stock, I mean BSPN analysts and pundits were putting us in the same group as OKC and Spurs before the season started and we came out and lost our first 3 games by 20 pts. I know Harden wasn't in shape then but remember Lawson was his BFF we don't know how much he hung out and got Harden to drink and go out with strippers during the summer. The trade even got Mchale fired when he was basically still doing a good job, and we ended up with Bickerstaff who I think everyone will agree right now is worse than Mchale was.

As far as standards go if you look at game deferential since he was kicked out and the money paid to him (12M a year, almost max salary) then he can be the worst in recent (post Hakeem) years. Royce White didn't even play 1 game so technically he has never played for the Rox.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL Pippen quit on the team but I don't think he had a game deferential as bad as Lawson.

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed on the dense he is certainly decent, despite his reputation.