1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed - I like him as a bench scorer. Didn't realize we had also signed him for next year, that's good for us. We need scoring off the bench, especially after cutting Thornton.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Beasley has seemed to develop good chemistry with KJ

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Beasley may have many problems, but scoring has never been one of them.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

KJ needs to figure out his own identity. He needs to D up like Ariza (tight, no gambling D) and play O like Brewer (energy, run floor, attack rim).

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He can do both right? He's clearly not a natural shooter so he has to have some identity on offense as well.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Let's be honest, Tjones, Dmo, and JSmoove have had big games, however, Beasley can score in bunches to keep us in games, when James sits. I hopeful that Jsmoove is hurt and isn't playing because of his poor play... Tjones shouldn't see the floor again in life. Keep starting Dmo to see what he can give you. However, I would love to see Beasley starting and giving Dmo post up minutes against 2nd team PF's.

I also like the big lineup of James at PG, with Ariza, Brewer, Beasley, and Howard.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way. At the minimum, he's a steal.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Time to flush Jones, Smith, Motiejunas and Jason Terry down the toilet.

We will wait and see on Beasley, Dekker and Harrell.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Smith is in JBB's doghouse is perplexing, considering the Rockets are struggling with another facilitator, defense and bench scoring.

Even if Smith is not scoring, he improves the team D, rim protection, fast breaks and ball movement. JB needs to unclench his sphincter and play the playmakers more. That includes Beasley and Goudelock.

Fewer minutes for Terry, Harrell and KJ. Rockets need to tune up their playoff rotation and those 3 guys SHOULD NOT be receiving major minutes at this time.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Smith has been straight ass all year. On defense too.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have been flushing a lot of players down the toilet in the past 10 years or so. I wouldn't be surprised if Beasley, Dekker and Harrell were the next in line.

[​IMG]

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Beasley is averaging 41(!) shots per 100 possessions lol

Almost double James Harden's average per 100 poss.

This is extraordinary black-holing at EPIC level. Enjoy

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

But he's putting the ball in the basketball as much as anyone else. You live with it. I like it.:p

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's only black-holing if you're keeping the ball away from others who can shoot and make a shot. If he were on the Warriors, he'd be stopping Klay, Steph, Draymond, etc. from making plays. On the Rockets lately, well... jack 'em up!

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm wondering how much of this is Beasley catching teams by surprise and if by the playoffs teams will be able to effectively stop him from doing what he wants to do.

Either way, I am really enjoying what he is bringing to the Rockets. As you say, jack 'em up, Beasley!

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Beasley inspired the team to this blowout by playing through a gruesome laceration that required stitches!

#Leadership
    #Grit

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hopefully they save Josh for the playoffs.

He had shown that he can change the outcome of an entire playoff series..

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think with him playing the record has been above average or better.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Can we play both Beasley and Harrell off the bench ? Beas at SF would take Brewers minutes . I doubt it will happen . Corey could slide to the two , or KJ could play there . This team has the talent to go 10 deep but I understand how unlikely that is .

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then explain how Brewer and Terry are still getting minutes, both have played at least as bad and neither can facillitate, rebound or rim protect to save their soul???