1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Celebriduck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

His season (at the very least) is probably over:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...sh-meeting-with-heat-officials-194335171.html

2. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx for explaining. repped.

Woj said "Bosh, 31, has been searching for ways to continue playing this season with the use of blood thinners but that scenario has been met with significant resistance, sources said."

Do you think it's possible to play in the nba on blood thinners?

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, I don't think they'd take the risk for clearing him to play if he's on permanent thinners. An injury from contact could have serious consequences.

Here's an easy doc with some sources cited: http://patientblog.clotconnect.org/2011/03/02/athletes-and-blood-clots/ basically details he'd have to goto non-contact sport

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't think so - there's very few sports that are safe to play on blood thinners, and basketball is not one of them due to the frequent contact between athletes. Any form of contact can put you at significant risk for bleeding pretty much anywhere in the body. Head trauma might result in intracerebral bleeding, abdominal trauma may result in visceral bleeding, contact to the extremities can result in limb-threatening bleeding, so on and so forth. It's pretty much a no go - even non-contact sports like bicycling and marathon running become dangerous due to the possibility of collision or impact leading to significant bleeding. It's very debilitating for an athlete to be on a blood thinner because you probably have to change your conditioning regimen significantly.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man I pray for the best for him

Rocket River
    might have to change my signature

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Bosh says he’s ‘feeling good,’ but status still a mystery <a href="https://t.co/vJMpzKCQKX">https://t.co/vJMpzKCQKX</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/706309105602818048">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

good as it should be . ..further investigation ..its not as simple as .."quit and take blood thinner 4ever CB"

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Statement from Chris Bosh

“I know there have been many questions regarding my health and when I will play again. My situation this year has never been life threatening. I am feeling great and currently I do not have deep vein thrombosis. Together with the Miami HEAT, I am working with doctors, exploring the best precautionary treatment options and taking every necessary step to make sure I am healthy for myself, my family and my team. I have been working out, training with the team, watching film of the games, walking through plays, and have attended home games despite not being visible to the public. I will continue to support my teammates in every way possible. I remain positive that I will be able to return this season. I truly appreciate everyone's concern and support.”[/rQUOTEr]

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Chris Bosh of Miami Heat says he has no active blood clots, remains hopeful of returning this season.</p>&mdash; Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/707960809201254401">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

They still haven't said what exactly he had that kept him out...

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You can figure out if someone has a clot or no clot in a few hours. This has dragged on for a few weeks now, makes me wonder why they aren't being transparent when Bosh has guaranteed money and isn't in a contract year...

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

true but when its a concern over a superficial clots/pain. (which is a good-news by it self)

most likely the answer he received of further monitoring for potential segments involvement within a couple of weeks with a follow up ultra sound .not sure he was satisfied to know his D.ultra sound results still not 100% accurate and Veno is a luxury that in real world no one does it or happy to know sub-segmental PE there is no need for anticoagulant. many reason for him to confused honestly :)

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

OMG my head hurts again.

If he had a clot and they treated him for it and it disappeared it's still likely that he will develop another clot and that one could be fatal. So their shadiness in not disclosing his injury is putting a great player and reportedly great human being at risk.

14. Major

Major Member

Outside of his team and his family, it's not really anyone's business.

15. Major

Major Member

This is silly. You knowing or not knowing his status has no impact on the risk to his health.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Any other athletes with a similar condition in the past? and what became of them (and their career)?

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

thrombophlebitis is different than DVT thrombosis

most likely he will be back playing within the next 2 month .

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's actually right here, as medical professionals this stuff is a complete head scratcher. If he had a clot they need to report that and it is likely he needs to be on AC for the rest of his life. If it wasn't a clot, then I guess not.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

hmm...do you know its a clot in both ways but if it deep or superficial is the

concern !! and apparently its the later this time

what's your background ?medical professional !

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kinda glad Morey didn't land Bosh - and hope Bosh heals...and gets back to playing.

DD