1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Debate live from University of Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Anyone missing Obama for a 3rd term :)

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Obama should stage the coup conservatives have been warning us about for the last 7 years.

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Now's as good a time as any...
    ..all he has to do is give us the signal on our secret government Obamaphones...

...in Arabic, of course...in case some of those good 'ol boy American patriots are listening...

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You mean Operation Ebony Helm (or am I supposed to use the code name yet)?

I am just waiting for the key words to be inserted in his next speech. Lord Obama, I am ready!!

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

[​IMG]

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's saving that for when President Clinton nominates him to the Supreme Court.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As great of secret dictator as Obama is, he still hasn't been able to finish the FEMA prison camps. I think once those are finished the coup will finally be ready.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The rule book has been incinerated, and I am not crying about that to be honest. We appear to be in uncharted waters.

Christie endorses Trump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-christie-donald-trump_us_56d0902ee4b0bf0dab31ebad?xiebfbt9

If this thing goes down to a contested convention as Rubio is hoping, it's going to get really interesting. I think Trump is going to run away with it, though. If Trump becomes president, and I feel like it's getting more likely every week, I just hope all the people who vehemently hate the man at least give him an honest chance to do a good job. All the hyperbolic statements I see all over this forum and Facebook and HuffPo everyday don't give me much hope with that, though. Trump was also birther #1 for a while so a lot might think that turnabout is fair play. I just never want to see one side say that their main goal is to cause the other side to fail on day one. That's terrible for the country. As much as I dislike Rubio, I would be rooting for him to be a successful president if he's in the office.

The ridiculous treatment Trump gets in the media (some is deserved, obviously) has only strengthened him. For instance, this is on every single HuffPo Trump article:

HuffPo also moved him to entertainment, then to politics, then there and back again. HuffPo had front page editorials stating that Trump might start WWIII. Megyn Kelly came out in the first debate as a complete b**** to Trump. You know what all this stuff has done? It's made Trump look sympathetic (not to all!) and caused his supporters to dig in further. If Trump becomes POTUS (Bobby faints again), the media is largely responsible in my opinion. The strategies used by Trump's opponents in the media are dreadful.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Democrats aren't organized enough to run the pure obstruction campaign Republicans have run against Obama. The far left will protest, but the center left will compromise with him. Trump will get to do his thing. And the country will live with the consequences.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shhhhh....

My crew of undocumented Maoist Mexicans are still putting on the finishing touches. We just got the UN approved concertina wire from China the other day. Once I certify substantial completion we'll be ready for occupancy comrades!

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. The Clintons are rich. I don't know if they are in Trump's territory but I will agree they are probably part of the 1%. The difference is that they don't boast about shutting down businesses and leaving communities or using the bankruptcy laws to their benefit like Trump does.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no they take down and destroy people in secret so publicly they keep their hands clean.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Look, if some of you people are comfortable with entrusting the Nuclear Launch Codes to Donald J. Trump on the basis of "eh, the system sucks anyway," that's your right.

But I'm sorry, I think that's completely insane.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he's crazy but not in that way. religious folks scare me way more than trump because that ego maniac doesn't want his great comfortable life to end. bible thumpers like cruz, etc... are looking forward to it.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which people have the Clintons secretly taken down and destroyed?

16. dharocks

It's a secret.

17. dharocks

So you're willing to settle for "crazy... but not in that way"?

Corrupt and dishonest should beat crazy.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think this is spite on Christie's part, in the same way that McCain chose Palin because his staffers wouldn't let him ask Kerry. He was also a little brazen in admitting he's going to try and get rich in the private sector, while deflecting any quid pro quo speculation by claiming to be Trump's long-time friend.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

We let bigoted hat salesmen, Nixon-pardeners and Alzheimered horoscope-consulting shooting victims handle it, post-Jupiter it's never been in play.

20. dharocks

Wait, what? I knew Kerry wanted McCain in '04. But this is news to me. Sauce?